Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times

Advertisements

I have to go to work...a staff member is out...so I will talk to you all later!! Have a good one...and no good topics until I get home...okie dokie??

Old 11-25-2008, 03:58 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
Default On my way home last night...

...I got into a car accident. My daily driver was totalled, I got hit pretty hard by the air bag on both my hands and my chest. It happened when the guy in front of the guy in front me stopped suddenly to change lanes and I could not stop on time and rear ended the guy in front of me. His car was just scratched and dented a little bit. The car will be put to rest on a sunday morning ceremony. I will give it a 21 gun salute. The wife was really shaken when I called her.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:12 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Those air bags can be more dangerous in situations, than a fender bender.
Glad to hear that your ok. Sorry about the car though.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:14 AM

18,124 posts, read 11,758,079 times
Take care of yourself and family which is all that matters. The car can be replaced.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:22 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
...I got into a car accident. My daily driver was totalled, I got hit pretty hard by the air bag on both my hands and my chest. It happened when the guy in front of the guy in front me stopped suddenly to change lanes and I could not stop on time and rear ended the guy in front of me. His car was just scratched and dented a little bit. The car will be put to rest on a sunday morning ceremony. I will give it a 21 gun salute. The wife was really shaken when I called her.
Oh my gosh...are you ok?? Be sure to rest...

Old 11-25-2008, 08:57 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Wow! Glad you're OK, kitty.

I hate air bags (I'm short, too, which is not much different than the case with many children they've killed) and always wanted to get rid of them, but nobody would do it because of liability. Accidentally (when the fuse for my key went out) I discovered that a fuse is all there is to them. Now this fuse is out and they're disabled. I still don't know how to do it myself, but I'll definitely try to find somebody to disable them on my next car some day as well. In a minor accident when nothing would normally happen to you, they're the ones likely to kill you. My car is pretty old, though. The air bags may be better secured on newer models, so you can't circumvent being killed for no reason...

Old 11-25-2008, 12:08 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Sorry to read that but it looks like you weren't hurt too badly if you're posting so soon after the accident. Did the cop determine fault? Good luck w/ insurance stuff and getting a replacement vehicle.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:29 PM

I hate those airbags too. I am fine but as the day progresses I am beginning to feel sore and my neck is killing me.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Sorry to read that but it looks like you weren't hurt too badly if you're posting so soon after the accident. Did the cop determine fault? Good luck w/ insurance stuff and getting a replacement vehicle.
He reported to DMV and said since I was the one who hit first the fault was all mine.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:15 PM

18,124 posts, read 11,758,079 times
Quote:
I hate those airbags too. I am fine but as the day progresses I am beginning to feel sore and my neck is killing me.
I came by to see how you were doing.
Did you get X-rays? You may have a case of whip lash. Experiencing headaches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships