Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:08 AM

272 posts, read 620,999 times

Advertisements

You're right, I didn't cover the family bit too much. So, let me try again:

For most of my life, I've dedictated my morals and values to family, friends and a few relationships. The idea of sleeping around was always a bad idea to me, plus, I believed in the concept of a committed relationship.

Now that I'm older, on my own, etc., I realize today that some things aren't so bad, depending on one's view. So, for example, I'm not an active dater. In fact, the idea of dating turns my stomach. Yet, there's a strong urge for sex at times and it's not always easy to ignore.

I guess you could say that through experience, my morals and values have changed. I realized that my morals, ideals and values would mostly result in a lifetime of masturbation -- Because society doesn't reward who I used to be.

Now, don't misunderstand, I'm not a bad person. I'm just no longer the guy who believes in saving himself for marriage, waiting for a committed relationship, etc. I've had a taste of what really drives society and I don't intend on living a long life of celibacy. I want to spread my wings a little, experience some of the taboo things, try new things, etc.

If I spent the rest of my life as I did the last 15 years of it, I would miss a lot. Gone are the hopes and dreams I once had for a decent relationship, although I'm sure I'll one day experience one that's honest, real and meaningful. Right now, all I care about is living and enjoying life the best way I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
The Op said he had been concentrating on family before now. I wish he would have more specific on what he meant by that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 11:14 AM

34 posts, read 136,072 times
Djfish, the world need more men like you! That kind of attitude and respect is very attractive.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:23 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post

For most of my life, I've dedictated my morals and values to family, friends and a few relationships. The idea of sleeping around was always a bad idea to me, plus, I believed in the concept of a committed relationship.

Now that I'm older, on my own, etc., I realize today that some things aren't so bad, depending on one's view. So, for example, I'm not an active dater. In fact, the idea of dating turns my stomach. Yet, there's a strong urge for sex at times and it's not always easy to ignore.

I guess you could say that through experience, my morals and values have changed. I realized that my morals, ideals and values would mostly result in a lifetime of masturbation -- Because society doesn't reward who I used to be.

Now, don't misunderstand, I'm not a bad person. I'm just no longer the guy who believes in saving himself for marriage, waiting for a committed relationship, etc. I've had a taste of what really drives society and I don't intend on living a long life of celibacy. I want to spread my wings a little, experience some of the taboo things, try new things, etc.

If I spent the rest of my life as I did the last 15 years of it, I would miss a lot. Gone are the hopes and dreams I once had for a decent relationship, although I'm sure I'll one day experience one that's honest, real and meaningful. Right now, all I care about is living and enjoying life the best way I can.
sooooo quit talkin' about it and just do it! Get your butt off the computer and go score some hot chicks!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:53 AM

1,152 posts, read 3,200,927 times
Umm dude, are you my clone or something? haha. You've just described me, to a T. I'm in exactly the same place. I'm somewhat religious, so I've spent most of my younger years, including college, "waiting for marriage" for sex. Missed out on plenty of fun opportunities as a result. I've done some dating, etc, but nothing terribly satisfying. Many of my friends who were "waiting" have now gone off and gotten married. I'm now 27, and in recent years I've taken a long hard look at my life, and I've realized I'm not READY to be married, and probably won't be for quite a while. I'm frankly not even in a place where I want a long term relationship. And I'm sick of living without sex. So, I've made the same decision it sounds like you are in the process of making.

Sure, my family would be disappointed if they knew what I'm planning, but really my sex life is none of their business.

And to everyone who replied talking about "taking advantage of women" - well, I'd agree, that's wrong. But there ARE many women who are looking for the same thing - whether its because of career, life stage, just ending a long relationship, or otherwise - there are plenty of women who are receptive to the "sewing of wild oats" WITHOUT needing to be mislead. I'm not in the business of misleading people and think getting someone into bed that way is wrong, and I'm betting the OP feels the same way.

Quote:

Old 09-29-2008, 11:58 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:
Specifically, there's a desire to sleep with multiple women at once.

When you do this, don't forget to post some pics!!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 12:20 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Ozzy Osbourne strikes out again..........I tell you what though Ms.Jeep,when ever I get a decent band I'll invite you to a show so you can rock out ok?
O'tay. But a plane ticket 'to your imagination' sounds expensive!

Old 09-29-2008, 12:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
When you do this, don't forget to post some pics!!!!
Oh, just go lick yourself, you horny cat!

Old 09-29-2008, 12:30 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
I think as long as you go about it in a mature way, then there is no problem. Be upfront with the women, ALWAYS use protection, be nice and have fun!
As long as you're not promising anyone anything just to try and score, then what's the problem.

I think the key to enjoying this kind of experience is to always be nice to the women. A lot of men seem to think that being a player also means being a jackas*. That isn't the case. The guys who I've seen be successful at this kind of thing are funny, smart and treat women well. They just aren't looking for anything long term.

Go have fun while you can. That way you will enjoy a committed relationshp without reservation when you find someone you want to have one with. At least you won't feel like you have missed out and be tempted to cheat.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:31 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
You are very young. 29 is not old nor experienced. Just be careful you don't find a "bad girl" to your bad boy. They are out there and you sound a little naive. We live in a society with double standards. Men get a pass for catting around while women are labeled as wh*res. Just be careful for what you wish for, you just might get it. Oh yeah and be careful!

Old 09-29-2008, 12:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i had an overwhelming urge to sleep with maria lopez, but it went away, not that she wasn't interested.
my current concept of being a bad boy is drinking more than 1 boba a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships