Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 12:37 PM

333 posts, read 999,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
What do you think?
In the past I think that he did "get" the girl. Today, I think its all image.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:43 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,951 times
Quote:
That's what I was hoping for...although I'm not sure I'd be considered the stereotypical 'nerd'. Sure I have alot of knowledge about obscure things and not alot of social experience but is that necessarily nerdy?
Not necessarily.....being a "nerd" can mean lots of things....If your talking about the typical...somone who loves school, homework, wears reading glasses, enjoy's reading and studdying a nerd than I'm guilty too....although I do love sports (especially football) just as much as any man does....and I could shop for clothse until my card gets declined but ya know.....everyone is unique and can be classified into so many catagories......just be you and be good with being you

Old 10-01-2008, 12:43 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,544,451 times
I don't think anybody said all pretty girls were golddiggers and shallow....

I figured the "hot girls" being looked for were the fake silicone Barbies.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
I'm not necessarily hoping to find them here
I didn't mean that. I'm just saying I find your interest strange provided this info is accurate.

Quote:
Besides as far as I'm concerned married and asexual eventually become the same thing
Based on many opinions, it seems like it CAN.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:53 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post

Right. No one said that this was an "absolute." Many of the "hot" ones who even say they are "hot" can be shallow. I can't even believe anyone would say that "they are HOT."

Let's slam on guys a little bit, too. The gym-toned bubble-head with a tool box in the back of his construction truck that makes good money (but doesn't know how to manage it) can also be a dolt. His criteria are equally shallow. He goes to a happy hour to "chase skirt." This archetype doesn't seem to be too interested in the intellect.

Many times, these "types" hook up. They deserve each other. There is such a couple that parks their car near mine at night. They are the "poster childs" of what I am talking about. I just chuckle.

Profiling is a fairly accurate science. Those who us who do it because we've "been around the block" (not necessarily sexually) get the hand-on-the-hip response "how dare you?" and "blah blah blah."

Old 10-01-2008, 01:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I can't even believe anyone would say that "they are HOT."
Just like anything else self-proclaimed - if you have to announce it, you ain't got it.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:19 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,478,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post

Nah I don't like em too plastic

Old 10-01-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Let's slam on guys a little bit, too. The gym-toned bubble-head with a tool box in the back of his construction truck that makes good money (but doesn't know how to manage it) can also be a dolt. His criteria are equally shallow. He goes to a happy hour to "chase skirt." This archetype doesn't seem to be too interested in the intellect.

Many times, these "types" hook up. They deserve each other. There is such a couple that parks their car near mine at night. They are the "poster childs" of what I am talking about. I just chuckle.
I've seen those types around here...except the dolts aren't gym-toned,they actually do construction And I agree it is all about image,I usually see the same types all coupled up.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:36 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
I've seen those types around here...except the dolts aren't gym-toned,they actually do construction And I agree it is all about image,I usually see the same types all coupled up.
What we haven't seen (and what IMHO is the most crucial in relation to this thread) is a picture of you! Post one, and we'll have the hot chicks of City Data evaluate whether they would date you or not.

Will the hot chicks of CD come forth and let Stuck PA know if he's date-worthy?

Old 10-01-2008, 01:46 PM

First off I'm bad with trying to post pics on here,I would have even tried to post an example of the hot chicks I was referring to...
Secondly,in my experience pics don't mean that much because I used to have women even be receptive to me in person...it was when I started talking they started walking
But I'll think about getting a pic up somehow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.