Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 09:53 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,002,157 times

Advertisements

Sure, I keep it. Some, I've passed on to my daughter already. If I'm not in love with him anymore it holds no sentimental value for me but I still appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 08:56 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv80s View Post

I'm just curious what others have done with jewelry given to you by exes? Did you throw it into the deep blue sea? Still wear it? Keep it with old love letters? Sell it? Tell me your story!
I have a diamond pendant necklace that I still wear. I don't see what the big deal is.

Plus, who goes around saying "my ex bought me this", to their NEW S/O? Its not a topic that even comes to mind during conversation.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:04 AM

751 posts, read 1,673,559 times
I keep that kind of jewlery tucked away in a small box for safe keeping as a reminder of some very good memories of someone I once dated.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,089 times
everything my x gave me i got rid of
either sold it or gave it to goodwill
cause i dont want any reminders of her

the only thing i kept is a sink stopper she gave me
cause i need it to was the dishes

i have know idea what she did with the jewlery i gave her
dont really care either

Old 07-06-2009, 09:26 AM

27,339 posts, read 27,391,872 times
I have a few items that were given to me from ex husband or ex boyfriends years ago, and yes, will occasionally wear a piece or two. I rarely wear jewelery anyway, and its not a sentimental thing, its only because I happen to like the item(s). So what, no big deal.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:49 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,500 times
Sure. It was a gift from someone who was meaningful to me at the time.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,390 times
Depends on the break-up. I have one necklace given to me by an ex who I'm still friends with, and I used to wear it on occasion, although I haven't for a long time now. Still, I won't get rid of it. Another necklace from a different boyfriend is in my jewelry box but I won't wear it and I just need to figure out what it's worth so I know whether to just give it away or try to sell it.

I just went through a big hassle trying to sell my engagement and wedding rings. The economy is too bad right now to get a decent price for them so I'll hang on to them until I can get a better amount for them. I thought about listing them on idonowidont.com but haven't got around to it yet.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:31 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,137,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
I have a diamond pendant necklace that I still wear. I don't see what the big deal is.

Plus, who goes around saying "my ex bought me this", to their NEW S/O? Its not a topic that even comes to mind during conversation.
Right on.

I got rid of my engagement ring (beautiful pear). I should have put it away in sd box but took the money and it went to a bad habit of my xbf.

I still have my diamond wedding band from my xh & wanted to take the diamonds out & mix them with the diamonds mom gave me that were to her from my father (deceased). However, jeweler said the diamonds were set so well, he would not do it. So, yes I do wear the band. Had another band made in white gold for the other stones....

Have earings & tennis bracelet from Xh and I do wear it. They were gifts and in 15 years of being with him that was the only jewelry except for a charm and chain when my first son was born....Needless to say he bought himself a $5,000 sound board with money that his grandfather gave us for a downpayment for a home (when we first got married)....go figure. I felt bad I couldn't drive it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships