Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM

221 posts, read 437,289 times

Advertisements

To make a long story short... I was at a bar last week, talked to a girl, got a name and # and then she left.

Well, I was there for a friends bday party, and the drinking went longer than expected, and I ended up losing the name and the # at some point.

It was on a Thursday night (didnt have to work the next day because of holiday) and I think she said she goes there often, but Ive never seen her there on the weekends when Im usually there (ok, always there). I'm assuming she meant Thursdays.

The only thing I can think of is to go to that bar on Thursdays and see if I run into her again, and just not drink too much due to work the next day.

My question is this my only option, or am I not thinking outside of some outdated box?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 03:06 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,667,172 times
All you can do is hope you run into her again! I guess you will be frequenting that bar a lot for a while now!

Oh and keep an eye on the drinking.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:20 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times
Sounds like the logical option.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:21 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot05 View Post
To make a long story short... I was at a bar last week, talked to a girl, got a name and # and then she left.

Well, I was there for a friends bday party, and the drinking went longer than expected, and I ended up losing the name and the # at some point.

It was on a Thursday night (didnt have to work the next day because of holiday) and I think she said she goes there often, but Ive never seen her there on the weekends when Im usually there (ok, always there). I'm assuming she meant Thursdays.

The only thing I can think of is to go to that bar on Thursdays and see if I run into her again, and just not drink too much due to work the next day.

My question is this my only option, or am I not thinking outside of some outdated box?

Sounds like you spend way to much time in the bar drinking. Be kind to your liver - you might need it some day.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:28 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot05 View Post

I think you should also consider the possibility of the beer goggle effect. I wouldn't give it another thought unless you run into her again.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:45 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,549,801 times
SEARCH FOR HER! Look in every dive bar. Search every seedy motel. Look up every alley. Whatever it takes... spend a lifetime if necessary, but find that girl!

heh heh heh

I love it. I really do.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 AM

221 posts, read 437,289 times
Ha... I know about the drinking... special occasion leads to special drinking.

Not concerned with the goggles based on other people's opinion and I did meet her early in the evening.

Thanks all

Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,548,795 times
Go back and talk to the bartender who was working that night. He/she might know something that will better help you locate her.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:05 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Go back and talk to the bartender who was working that night. He/she might know something that will better help you locate her.
NO NO NO!!!! That's stalker status! Just hope you run into her again. If she's supposedly a regular, you probably will.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:06 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
"The one that got away" is typically someone with whom you shared a strong connection with, perhaps bonded a friendship with over time and for one reason or other you allow that person to slip through your fingers. It's usually not applied to some girl you just met in a bar after X amount drinks. I think repeat appearances on Thursday's might be your only option, however she may not show since she probably thinks you blew her off. Did you learn anything else about her before getting the digits...where she works or goes to school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships