Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 12:39 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Why you should what? You should do what you want to do.

All I am saying is that, in my own humble opinion, people should be interested in human beings, and human beings alone, as dating partners. Far be it from me to think others should do the same.

There are numerous people in each race/religion/class that believe white stays with white, black stays with black, Jews stay with Jews, Christians stay with Christians, Muslim stays with Muslim, etc. In not every instance are they mixed. There are some strong believers out there, and if they believe this and practice it, they are not wrong nor are they being closed-minded to 'human beings.'

Old 10-06-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
LOL. Its not racist. Its Just Your Preference.
Then why would a black woman *HATE* the idea of a white woman with a black man? What is to *hate* about it? What possible "problems" could there be that provoked you to ask? Do you have issues with the black man with the white woman? I have to ask, the one who smelt it is usually the one who dealt it. Pray tell...

Old 10-06-2008, 12:45 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Why does this topic continue to come up? This thread is so pointless. I am a black female and I couldn't care less who somebody else dates, black,white,green or yellow......

Trust me, Other Black Females dont.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:45 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
There are numerous people in each race/religion/class that believe white stays with white, black stays with black, Jews stay with Jews, Christians stay with Christians, Muslim stays with Muslim, etc. In not every instance are they mixed. There are some strong believers out there, and if they believe this and practice it, they are not wrong nor are they being closed-minded to 'human beings.'
I totally disagree, but again, they can do what they want. I do see that as being closed-minded.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I totally disagree, but again, they can do what they want. I do see that as being closed-minded.
How is it being closed minded that black/black, white/white, Asian/Asian, Hispanic/Hispanic have an interest in keeping their own race alive?

Old 10-06-2008, 12:49 PM

432 posts, read 1,664,902 times
Quote:
Then why would a black woman *HATE* the idea of a white woman with a black man? What is to *hate* about it? What possible "problems" could there be that provoked you to ask? Do you have issues with the black man with the white woman? I have to ask, the one who smelt it is usually the one who dealt it. Pray tell...
Trust me, I could care less what color date what color. Its Just that I have always come across black americans who hates it when major black cleles date white woman. So I wanted to ask some black amricans on here whats the problem.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:53 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
How is it being closed minded that black/black, white/white, Asian/Asian, Hispanic/Hispanic have an interest in keeping their own race alive?
First of all, Hispanic is not a race. It is a cultural and ethnic designation. I happen to be a black man who is of Latin roots. "Hispanic" people come in all types, just like humans come in all types. We are Asian, European, Native, African and all possible combinations of those.

Secondly, I do not believe in the urgency of keeping a "race" alive. The only race I wish to propagate is the human one, and I am doing my part in that.

Thirdly, "race" is not a biological or scientific reality; it is a social construct. Sure, Africans and Asians and Europeans all share certain characteristics with each other. But all belong to one species and can mix freely. To want to "keep a race alive" is medieval, primitive and regressive thinking at its most idiotic.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
Trust me, I could care less what color date what color. Its Just that I have always come across black americans who hates it when major black cleles date white woman. So I wanted to ask some black amricans on here whats the problem.

If it's a "problem," it's a race thing. You know that.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:56 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Why you should what? You should do what you want to do.

All I am saying is that, in my own humble opinion, people should be interested in human beings, and human beings alone, as dating partners. Far be it from me to think others should do the same.
Riight... and from what I've observed and read, men in particular are very visually oriented, and while they're are more open minded towards interracial relationships, men are also shallow creatures and only interested in dating women that are hot looking and physically attractive to them. So even though these guys love women of all races, they only want the 10's, not the plain looking average ones.

And as for me, there have never been any single black men in my real life encounters that I have ever been attracted to for dating. Zero. Nada. I just don't find men with dark skin attractive. I don't like their curly hair or their full lips either. And that's just the way it is. Then in terms of common interests and personality, I've never met a single black guy that clicked with me in terms of my interests and what I like to do. Again, I'm just going by the black men that I've encountered through work and by chance and I am almost 50 years old. I do realize that somewhere out there, there are black men that I would get along with as friends, but so far, they have not crossed my path.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:

Thirdly, "race" is not a biological or scientific reality; it is a social construct. Sure, Africans and Asians and Europeans all share certain characteristics with each other. But all belong to one species and can mix freely. To want to "keep a race alive" is medieval, primitive and regressive thinking at its most idiotic.
"Thirdly, "race" is not a biological or scientific reality" - DNA proves your theory incorrect. Even IQ testing is DNA related based on race. Asians have the top scoring IQ tests over Caucasians. Now if we want to make this a full blown racial debate, I can drag out some actual Federal Stats from sites that are in support of this and prove it. Race is biological. It is Scientific. It's wired in DNA. Your thoughts are based on personal belief, not documented fact.

I know FULL BLOODED Hispanics' (as full blooded as one can get) that will NOT date non-Hispanic Caucasians or Blacks whatsoever. Stop slicing and dicing, you know exactly what I meant by "Hispanic."

Last edited by JeepGirl118; 10-06-2008 at 01:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships