Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:04 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

Well, if you like the current situation, you can always say: "Look. I don't want a relationship. I just want to bang you. Now if you want a relationship, then you're going to have to look elsewhere. This is just an exchange of services, friendly exercise if you will. Are we cool with that or not?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 02:28 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
I have entered into these and what always screws it up is one starts to fall for the other. First off, you're practically on a schedule...WHICH IS DATING! I think it starts with gifts...frameable pictures? You call even if he doesn't...You start doing normal friend things like rides and heck we're not dating anybody lets go to that party together, but its not a date! it's just that i don't hav one, you don't but we both want to go.... Except your not like normal friends you're intimate. And if you or he were lousy in bed you'd stop that quick, but he's not, is he? And he really makes you laugh too.....lol

Old 10-16-2008, 02:36 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, if you like the current situation, you can always say: "Look. I don't want a relationship. I just want to bang you. Now if you want a relationship, then you're going to have to look elsewhere. This is just an exchange of services, friendly exercise if you will. Are we cool with that or not?"
Yeah I've tried this too..and they always agree for a few days, but ... once that lil winged troublemaker sinks that arrow it's a bloody mess to dig it out! Your picture on his desk? He's at the very least enamoured. Is his mom on there, his dog, his siblings? No? YOU ARE!

Old 10-16-2008, 02:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Why are you people relationship phobic? Just call it a freakin relationship and keep it like it is........nice and simple...spend the weekend together....have some sex....then go on with your life throughout the week.....keep it monogamous too....is that so difficult to do? just try it...p.s. people are not primates we have feelings for each other....and that is normal for "feelings" to happen.... let's be real.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:09 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
I do not understand "friends with benefits" relationships. I would kill to find a guy who wanted an actual relationship. You should think carefully before ending it with him for daring to want something real. Exactly how easy do you think that will be to find?

Old 10-16-2008, 04:17 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
I don't get them either. I say just call it a relationship....keep it simple like it already is....be monogamous and keep it friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I do not understand "friends with benefits" relationships. I would kill to find a guy who wanted an actual relationship. You should think carefully before ending it with him for daring to want something real. Exactly how easy do you think that will be to find?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:16 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel30 View Post
I do have a friend with benefits. Once a week I spend night at his place and after he drives me back home. He never calls me, usually I call him right before that asking if we are gonna meet tonight or not. I do not want any relantionship, so does he. However, sometimes he is asking me if I am messing around with smb else and it seems like he is jelaous. Recently, Ive noticed that he has my picture on his desk. Isn't it strange? I mean, you dont put the pic of your fwb right in front of you. What does it mean? Does he want smth more?
You need to talk with him.

Does he understand the entire FWB plan? Had it been me, I would not have known.

You like him, he likes you, it is possible that he is falling for you. It is also possible that he does not know these FWB rules [that he is not allowed to love you].

I think that people hurt each other when they each have a plan, but they don't agree to the same plan.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:32 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I never had a picture of a FWB.
I've got plenty I just can't show you.

ok,continuing to be serious in my response,sounds like the boy have developed some feelings for ya,the more long term I wanna commit type.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:33 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel30 View Post
I asked him, and he said that it did not mean anything and he just couldt find another space for the pic.
Where did he get the picture of you from? Do you have one of him?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:37 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I do not understand "friends with benefits" relationships. I would kill to find a guy who wanted an actual relationship. ?
well it is about 2 people who don't want to be commited either because they are not emotionally ready or different lifestyles and timetables yet still find a certain groove for each other and want to have a certain affection present in their life.Not to mention it can also include non sexual friendship activities.

And the fact that while these 2 have a certain bond on the otherhand actually being with each other all the time commited wise would ruin it due to differences and they would come to hate each probably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships