Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 05:27 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times

Advertisements

I hate anonymous notes too. Once when I was a youngster (in my early 20's) I rented a small house in a neighborhood in Long Beach, CA. I was at work and came home to find a really nasty note posted on the front door saying something about my trash blowing all over the neighborhood and the fact that I was a renter bringing down the value of the neighborhood or some crap like that. I am a very clean and tidy peraon, so it really bothered me and the fact that someone thought I was "bringing down the neighborhood" because I was a renter was really kind of hurtful. To not know which neighbor put this ugly sign on my door was even worse. I had a complex about it the whole time I lived there because I didn't know if the neighbors liked me or not. Plus, if my trash was blowing around the neighborhood (which I highly doubt), somebody or their pet had to have opened the lid and got into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 06:27 PM

926 posts, read 2,747,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I hate anonymous notes too. Once when I was a youngster (in my early 20's) I rented a small house in a neighborhood in Long Beach, CA. I was at work and came home to find a really nasty note posted on the front door saying something about my trash blowing all over the neighborhood and the fact that I was a renter bringing down the value of the neighborhood or some crap like that. I am a very clean and tidy peraon, so it really bothered me and the fact that someone thought I was "bringing down the neighborhood" because I was a renter was really kind of hurtful. To not know which neighbor put this ugly sign on my door was even worse. I had a complex about it the whole time I lived there because I didn't know if the neighbors liked me or not. Plus, if my trash was blowing around the neighborhood (which I highly doubt), somebody or their pet had to have opened the lid and got into it.
I got an anonymous note left on my apartment door saying they heard me and my ex doing it at 3am. I was so mad they didnt put it in an envelop! If people didnt hear that then walking past my door they could read the letter and see whats up

Old 10-30-2008, 06:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Ok this is hilarious guys....I am serious....a person left one of those so called "passive aggressive" notes on my car windshield saying I was being rude for hogging up a parking space and get this... I drive a *small compact car*....OMG...how hilarious is that? I'm a hog HOW?

Some manage to park even compact cars in half-as*ed way, so you may very well be one of them. In the apt complex where I used to live I had a neighbor just like that. And you bet I left him a note to park in a way allowing me to park next to him (not that I was dying to park next to the jerk; the spaces were assigned)!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:54 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,981 times
Who knows it may have been the car on the other side and that jerk just put it on your windshield. I would ignore something like that.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:58 PM

48,125 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
You too can hand out notices!

http://www.youparklikean*******.com/

You're welcome!

I've never left anything like that on someone's car... but I have confronted those parked in a handicap without a placard or plate. My husband's handicap... parking near the front door isn't a privilege. You can't believe the price he's had to pay to earn that parking spot.
I just hope that you never take his car or placard and use it to get a spot so you can get in and out on the way home......I cant tell you how many times I see fully functional healthy people in a car with handicap plates park in the restricted places .... they must be using a spouse' car, because they clearly are healthier than this old geezer. I have also seen single cars with the placard take up those special double spots designed to accomodate a van with a lift....so that a group with 4 to 6 folks in wheel chairs can't park and unload. Everyone needs to respect those handicapped spaces.....like you say....being handicapped isnt a privledge and is non-transferable to an able bodied family member.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:01 PM

918 posts, read 1,642,917 times
I'm still trying to figure out how this is in the relationships section...

Did you find out who wrote the note and ask them out? Spoon? What?!?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:05 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Ok this is hilarious guys....I am serious....a person left one of those so called "passive aggressive" notes on my car windshield saying I was being rude for hogging up a parking space and get this... I drive a *small compact car*....OMG...how hilarious is that? I'm a hog HOW?

The note on your car was just plain old fashioned aggressive. Not passive aggressive.

An example of passive aggressive behavior would be if someone said someone mean and then quickly retracted it and said that they didn't mean it.

Didn't mean to get technical on you.
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]

Old 10-30-2008, 07:22 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Well, if you did indeed park like an a-hole, he could have keyed your car. What do you want?

Old 10-31-2008, 01:05 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
dang I've actually been passive aggressive before...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The note on your car was just plain old fashioned aggressive. Not passive aggressive.

An example of passive aggressive behavior would be if someone said someone mean and then quickly retracted it and said that they didn't mean it.

Didn't mean to get technical on you.
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]

Old 10-31-2008, 01:09 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,491 times
I caught someone putting a note on my door. Next week they left town after someone destroying their home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships