Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 09:43 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
haha, a lot of girls say that. I've had good luck with shirtless shots but it's kind of a stupid issue in my opinion. I mean, for one, I'm proud of my body and put a lot of work into keeping myself in shape, so why shouldn't I show it off and be proud of it? Just like a girl in a bikini, doesn't bother me at all, it's great if she's hot. But I've had girls write stupid things like, "Oh any guy who poses shirtless must be an idiot with nothing interesting to say." Yeah or a guy who graduated with a philosophy degree at the top of his class, published two books, and has run multiple businesses. Riiiight whatever. I get sick of that crap, like you can't take great care of yourself and also be smart and successful too. What stupid nonsense.

I think it's best to post 3 pictures that give someone an idea of what you really look like. The perfect profile for me, looking for girls, is when she has a face shot only, so I can see her face clearly, another that's more of a half-up view normal clothing let's say. And a full body shot in a bikini or something revealing, so I can tell that she's not fat. That's ideal.
Men who think they are handsome turn me off. I am a 9.4 on hotornot and have my pick when I register somewhere like yahoo. So if you are not a s*ut, or totally self-centered, and you really want to meet someone who will appreciate you being hot, then honestly, drop the pose. You can be subtle at least, I don't make a "don't click" decision just because someone is bare chested, it is all about the context. Posing for the camera is a context that does not work for me and evidently doesn't work for alot of other women. Just my .02.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 09:45 AM

473 posts, read 761,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Bewitched View Post
I would put up a shot with friends and clarify which one is you.
I disagree with this. I think most people find group shots irritating and don't want to have to guess which one is you.

FWIW, I liked 2 and 4 the best.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:48 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KardoulaMou View Post
I disagree with this. I think most people find group shots irritating and don't want to have to guess which one is you.

FWIW, I liked 2 and 4 the best.
Looks like you and I agree on both counts above.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:49 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,223 times
You should repost as a poll. Number your shots though so you can refer to them in your poll. I'd also break it down for ex.:
1. Looking for casual sex, prefer photo 3.
2. Looking for casual sex, prefer photo 2.
3. Looking for LTR, prefer photo 3.
4. Looking for LTR, prefer photo 2.

Obviously, you will need to have fewer pics to choose from.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:23 AM

291 posts, read 611,143 times
lol what is LTR?

Old 11-09-2008, 10:32 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,653,102 times
I'd use the 4th and 5th. You sure don't want to look weird, unless that is what you are trying to attract. And the shot with your body looks like you are showing off....

Old 11-09-2008, 11:03 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
lol what is LTR?
Long Term Relationship

Old 11-09-2008, 01:36 PM

918 posts, read 1,643,358 times
I wouldn't put too much thought into it. Just pick one and go with it.

People put too much emphasis on pictures. There are many people who look far worse in their pictures that in RL, and vice-versa.

A picture can give an idea, but it shouldn't be the end-all of things.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:53 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,166,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
I wouldn't put too much thought into it. Just pick one and go with it.

People put too much emphasis on pictures. There are many people who look far worse in their pictures that in RL, and vice-versa.

A picture can give an idea, but it shouldn't be the end-all of things.
I agree....some ppl just aren't photogenic.....plus, looks aren't everything.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
yes looks are everything....everybody knows that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I agree....some ppl just aren't photogenic.....plus, looks aren't everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships