Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 11:47 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,064,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
And I bet he made you type that out as well!

LOL! Yes!!! I am a servant to my hubby!!! Yea right!!! LOL!!! He's whipped! LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 11:47 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,941,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
If I was dating a girl and seeing her 3-4 times a week, the frequency better not be anything as bad as 1x per week, that's horrible. To me I'd rather just not deal with dating at all if that's the case. Too much stress for too little reward. I dated a girl like that once, who thought once a week was acceptable. Ugg, it was terrible. But she was also an alcoholic, so she just passed out sometimes, which is why I suspect she thought once a week was ok because she was too drunk to be in the mood, haha.

The point about worrying about STDs and pregnancy, you aren't kidding about that. That's one reason I honestly prefer other activities to sex, because to me other stuff is just as much fun if not more fun but it's less risk, like zero pregnancy risk and lowered STD risk, especially for some STDs. I wouldn't want to have sex with a girl until I was really sure of her history and all. When I read that 1 in 4 girls have STDs I just thought, wow, that's brutal. As for pregnancy, that's the worst STD of all. If she's on the pill and I'm using a condom I still won't have sex with her unless she agrees that she'd get an abortion if she got pregnant. I can't take risks like that.
I'm cracking up at our equating pregnancy as the worst STD of all. But I see where you're coming from.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:18 AM

9,904 posts, read 13,917,948 times
Define better.

Isn't it all relative?

Old 11-14-2008, 12:21 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,656,916 times
Quote:
I'm cracking up at our equating pregnancy as the worst STD of all. But I see where you're coming from.
Well I'm sure even people who do eventually want kids would agree that it's probably one of the worst things that could happen if you knocked a girl up (or you were the girl) when it wasn't the right time. For me, there is no right time. But I mean all things considered if a girl was pregnant and wouldn't get an abortion, versus me getting an STD, I'd definitely choose me getting an STD. That sucks pretty hard, and having an STD would be really embarrassing, but having to support a kid financially for however long would cost a ridiculous amount of money. So give me the STD, which would still be less embarrassing (at least my friends wouldn't have to know).

Old 11-14-2008, 12:31 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,941,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Define better.

Isn't it all relative?
I left "better" intentionally open for interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Well I'm sure even people who do eventually want kids would agree that it's probably one of the worst things that could happen if you knocked a girl up (or you were the girl) when it wasn't the right time. For me, there is no right time. But I mean all things considered if a girl was pregnant and wouldn't get an abortion, versus me getting an STD, I'd definitely choose me getting an STD. That sucks pretty hard, and having an STD would be really embarrassing, but having to support a kid financially for however long would cost a ridiculous amount of money. So give me the STD, which would still be less embarrassing (at least my friends wouldn't have to know).
I think that's going a little too far. Once you get AIDS, like a diamond, it's forever (unless a cure is found). But if a woman is accidentally impregnated, she can abort it.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:38 AM

Yeah but I said if she refuses to have it aborted. And AIDS isn't what I had in mind when I said STD, since AIDS is both extremely expensive to ward off (once you have HIV) and potentially deadly. That being said there has been some recent progress made on AIDS cures, and while I wouldn't bet on a cure being found any time soon that's without risk, I would say it's probably not that far off. If you have the money, i.e the right treatments, you can live with HIV for a long time without it turning to AIDS, just look at Magic.

But when I said STD I was referring to more run-of-the-mill STDs, which I still can't believe that most of them have no cures either. Lazy science. It's time for these guys to get their act together.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:40 AM

9,904 posts, read 13,917,948 times
Quote:
I left "better" intentionally open for interpretation.
Think you've come up with an impossible question to answer.

If I think about it, I'm not sure who has more because I can think of times when I've been single and getting way less than many of my married friends and other times and other married friends that were having less than me.

As for better, well yeah, guess it depends on what you're looking for.

meh! I can't answer this question!! I'm going now!

Old 11-14-2008, 12:43 AM

This brings up another of my pet peeves. It's really not a hard thing to understand -- there are WAY more categories than "single" and "married." When I see that on a form I just don't get it. So because you're not married, you're single? No... I don't think so. There's single, in a relationship, and married, at the very least, and that's as bare-bones as you can get it down to. But not being married is by no means being single.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:44 AM

7 posts, read 163,568 times
tell me about it!!
haha

Old 11-14-2008, 07:31 AM

37,524 posts, read 61,568,411 times
Married people have a long-term relationship with a close friend, so there can be a bond there which technically is more important than sex.

Single people have more sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships