Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:32 AM

167 posts, read 478,872 times

Advertisements

In a long term relationship I feel much more comfortable asking/taking/doing things that are a bit off the norm. It is much more fun to experiment with someone you are completely comfortable with and there is no fear of judgment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 11:35 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,646,247 times
I always assumed people enjoy the fear of judgment, thus the number of religious people in the world.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:36 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,204,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Hubba Hubba. lol.

cpg, trust me the feeling is likewise. Nothing you have posted on here is anything but a recitation of societal standards, no original thoughts in the bunch, just here to toe the line I guess. *yawn*
Oh, how funny. Wet behind the ears, barely out of college, and you actually think you know anything about life. Tell, you what, why don't you actually live a few years without living off your daddy and then come back and lecture me?

Old 11-14-2008, 01:40 PM

167 posts, read 478,872 times
Quote:
I always assumed people enjoy the fear of judgment, thus the number of religious people in the world.
Be careful or that assumption may make an ass*u

Old 11-14-2008, 07:48 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,965,800 times
Married, definitely, 100%

Probably because we're both depraved and finally "let loose" when we got married. After all, we're good ol' southerners and marriage is forever!

But even so, I think we have a unique perspective because we're in an open marriage. So it's funny to go wayward, taste the forbidden fruit, then come back to complain to each other and yearn for our "boring old married sex!"

We definitely have sex a lot less often now, 3x-4x a week vs the 3x a day it used to be (mostly due to medical issues). But considering on average it lasts about four hours, I think it makes up.

Alright, I'm gonna stop bragging... I'm just a big advocate for all the "perks" of marriage.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:48 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,253,296 times
Stats prove that married couples have more sex and more satisfying sex.

In reality it depends on each couple. I've been in one marriage where sex was infrequent to non-existent and another where it was daily and always exciting. In my single years I was pretty active, but it wasn't a daily occurrence.

I'd take married sex any day with the right partner. They know what you like, and you know what they like -- no worries about STDs nor protection against them.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,977,964 times
They like casting fear on people.

Quote:

Old 11-14-2008, 09:00 PM

78,543 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Quote:
You have some strong opinions for someone with so little life experience. There is a famous quote to the effect that the accumulation of knowledge can actually unveil that you know less than you think as it expands your horizons....

Old 11-14-2008, 09:02 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,977,964 times
Did you learn that in "Math" class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You have some strong opinions for someone with so little life experience. There is a famous quote to the effect that the accumulation of knowledge can actually unveil that you know less than you think as it expands your horizons....

Old 11-22-2008, 06:24 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,932,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Think you've come up with an impossible question to answer.

If I think about it, I'm not sure who has more because I can think of times when I've been single and getting way less than many of my married friends and other times and other married friends that were having less than me.

As for better, well yeah, guess it depends on what you're looking for.

meh! I can't answer this question!! I'm going now!
Yes, quite a conundrum it is!

Quote:
This brings up another of my pet peeves. It's really not a hard thing to understand -- there are WAY more categories than "single" and "married." When I see that on a form I just don't get it. So because you're not married, you're single? No... I don't think so. There's single, in a relationship, and married, at the very least, and that's as bare-bones as you can get it down to. But not being married is by no means being single.
I purposely left it single and married to keep it simple. Single people in a relationship are still single. They're still theoretically in the "courting" stage. Truly single people should be having no sex (w/ others), unless it's just one-night stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Martha View Post
Who has more sex, single or married people? Why?

Well, as a single person, I was always on the go and having fun. I did not have time for random hook ups with random guys and rarely had sex. When I did have sex I used the policy "Reduce, Reuse and Recycle".

I hope that wasn't your policy on condoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships