Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 04:18 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,311,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Eh, to each its own. -

I never ask for apologies, and I never withhold sex before getting one. I'd be crazy to do it, why punish myself when I'm already pissed off?.
I simply could not be intimate with my husband if he has hurt me in some way without acknowledging it. It could be as simple as a hug or an I'm sorry or something more meaningful that. Just call me crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 04:21 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,401,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I simply could not be intimate with my husband if he has hurt me in some way without acknowledging it. It could be as simple as a hug or an I'm sorry or something more meaningful that. Just call me crazy.
I would never call you crazy for that. Everyone has their own views and feelings. I know what diffuses me - and that's sex. Words, hugs, apologies, it's all very nice and sentimental, but I would still walk on edge afterwards.
Saying "oh, I'm sorry", doesn't do much for me, unless it's completely and utterly heartfelt.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:34 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,195,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
That is a horrible cycle to be in and speaks of a mucher deeper problem in her, way beyond what she is actually repeatedly apologizing for.
She was a very bitter sad woman tbh.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 PM

622 posts, read 1,281,198 times
F*ck her!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 04:45 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,708,435 times
fire hose...though I doubt you have one available.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:00 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,164,521 times
To the OP, you cannot reason with someone that is by definition unreasonable. Attempting to do so is an exercise in futility.

Now if she's just emotional then try steering her to your point of view. Naturally you cannot argue with someone that is angry, but you can calm them down. I learned this when I was married and won close to 100% using this technique I developed. I probably should patent it or something, but oh well.

I understand blah blah blah :mirror their reasoning why they're mad:. How would you feel if.... :state your perception you want her to join your side on.

Women feel before they think. This is why they're emotionally grounded and men are logically grounded. Just different ways we think and associate with others. Women emote, men fix. It's a cliche for a reason. What you need to do is get her to "feel" things from you logical perspective. The next step is to diffuse her anger/displeasure by acknowledging it and then reinforcing the solution by relating it back to her as those it was her idea and she's already accepted it as the "fit".

Example of doing it wrong:

Woman: I just can't stand my friend. She does xyz that makes me so angry. Blah blah blah.
Man: If she makes you so mad then why don't you talk to her about it?

Example of doing it right:

Woman: I just can't stand my friend. She does xyz that makes me so angry. Blah blah blah.
Man: I understand she makes you upset because she did that, but how would you feel if she made you mad doing something similar and instead of her talking to you about it she just ragged on you to all your friends. You wouldn't appreciate it would you?
Woman: No, probably not.
Man: It's okay to be angry and it's perfectly natural. But like you said you wouldn't feel very good if she did this to you and would want to talk it out instead.
Woman: Yeah, I know. I should call her.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:06 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,675,539 times
Chocolate, sundaes, chinese food, pizza get the picture. Not to mention saying your sorry you will never do it again etc. even if its just words. Its works for the moment.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:10 PM

174 posts, read 456,665 times
Diamonds

Old 01-26-2010, 07:11 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,527,528 times
leave go to a safe house, lock the doors turn off the lights get under the bed. works for the cat.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:20 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,416,270 times
I don't know about anyone else...but I wouldn't feel safe having sex with an angry woman. Then again, I don't feel it would be safe to ride on the back of a bucking bronco, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships