Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had a Craigslist Encounter ?
Yes 7 13.73%
No 43 84.31%
Not telling 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 01:42 PM

525 posts, read 948,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Wow, people are getting heated in this thread because of .........sexual tension!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post

Getting back on topic, I have never used to internet to meet someone in person but if I did, I would use a more secure site than Craislist, a site in which people post more pictures but I do not condemn any one who would want to use Craigslist.

Black Jack..why does it seem like your level headedness and sound logic elude so many guys in here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 01:47 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,160,836 times
I'm pretty frugal, the thought of paying $39.99 a month for a dating site is sickening, I better be getting something for that price ! At least Craigslist if free .... I guess if you are safe and the person is normal, bang away !! We are all human and have our needs- Drama free, strings free, stress free is sometimes good once in a while. My only concern is being attacked or found in a dumpster.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:50 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
I'm pretty frugal, the thought of paying $39.99 a month for a dating site is sickening, I better be getting something for that price ! At least Craigslist if free .... I guess if you are safe and the person is normal, bang away !! We are all human and have our needs- Drama free, strings free, stress free is sometimes good once in a while. My only concern is being attacked or found in a dumpster.
LOL

If I am going to pay $40 bucks for an internet dating service, I better get some complimentary lap dances, free of charge!

Old 12-19-2008, 01:52 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post

Black Jack..why does it seem like your level headedness and sound logic elude so many guys in here?
Well you know, I don't want to brag or anything but I am the brotha from anotha motha! Ya dig?

Heh, I'm just cool like that

Old 12-19-2008, 01:58 PM

525 posts, read 948,429 times
Yea! how much?! I promise I won't throw you in a dumpster curlybelle? LOL

Old 12-19-2008, 02:06 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,737,168 times
This is going to sound crazy...but...I met my SO through CL. I was bored at work, and just surfin' the 'net. He had posted an ad (NOT casual encounters, mind you) about looking for a nice girlfriend. Well, I thought he was just adorable from the pic he posted, and answered him (kind of as a goof at first, though not to hurt anyone's feelings, just didn't really think it would go anywhere ).

Well, we had several conversations on the phone, and he found me to be attractive from the pics I sent him. We set up a date, and...the rest is history. He's the man I was meant to spend my life with. We celebrated our 2 year anniversary a few days ago. I guess I just got lucky.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:26 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
alright! alright! i can not tell a lie. it was me! i voted yes. yes, i've met someone from craiglist. she looked nothing like her picture. she sounded really good on the phone...that should have been my first indicator. i met her at her house and she wanted to have sex...i had to turn her down...just, uh, not my type.
Well she had to be a wacko to invite you to her house anyway! I personally would never even use Craigslist in that manner, but I can't believe people are that foolish.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:35 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,896,208 times
Has any heterosexuals actually met anyone from the craigslist casual encounter's section?

Gay men seem very comfortable finding each other for sex without strings. But because gender imbalance is so great between men looking for sex without strings and women looking for sex without strings I just assumed that those women willing to do it, would be charging for it.

It actually suprises me that there are women on craigslist who are doing it for free. I just figured the ads were from hooker's hoping to upsell you later.

You learn something new every day.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:37 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times
I sold a Tv on CL, that was about it......

Old 12-19-2008, 02:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardius View Post
It actually suprises me that there are women on craigslist who are doing it for free.
I highly doubt there are and if any exist they’re not gonna post pictures of private parts…

Quote:
I just figured the ads were from hooker's hoping to upsell you later.
That's what it must be because men constantly whine about being directed to various paid sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships