Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:21 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,005,075 times

Advertisements

How many of you actually enjoy the chase? Guys, do you find it thrilling to pursue a woman who plays hard to get and makes you work for whatever you are trying to get? Ladies, do you really think it's worth anything to not show interest in an attempt to get a guy to really get into you? Is there an age when this practice becomes childish or immature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 11:53 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Early in my dating career, I use to pursue women like that. Then I reached a point where I just got tired of jumping through all those ridiculous hoops.

After all, the Hard-To-Get Princess Act is fun and cute for all about three weeks. Then most men with self-respect pull themselves up and say, "Wait a minute. The rest of my life could be like this with her." And they run like a scalded dog as fast as they can.

The funny thing was that, once you got tired of it and blew them off, how quickly they changed their tune.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:09 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
What chase? For most guys, the women are pretty clear that they don't want to see you. "The chase" can result in a sexual harassment suit, expulsion from school, losing your job or a restraint order.

I thought the women's movement dealt with this issue decades ago.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
What chase? For most guys, the women are pretty clear that they don't want to see you. "The chase" can result in a sexual harassment suit, expulsion from school, losing your job or a restraint order.

I thought the women's movement dealt with this issue decades ago.
You need to lighten up!

Old 01-26-2009, 12:17 PM

911 posts, read 2,376,098 times
i do not enjoy chasing someone
if you play hard to get then some one else can chase you cause im not gonna bother

if you like someone why run the other way?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:22 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,729,186 times
I enjoy a good chase...then much like the dog us men are, once we get the bone, we play with it for a while and move on to the next big chase.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:41 PM

440 posts, read 1,682,778 times
Its fun to a point, but there comes a time when the games are old and annoying. I only like running around on the 'play ground' for so long, before it gets boring.

I find it VERY annoying though, that guys I truly am not attracted to and want nothing to do with, think I'm playing coy and just playing the chase game. Uggghhh!! No.

One guy in particular stands out on this one. He was so frickin' pushy and crass. I was very polite about not being attracted to him, and attempted to take his feelings into account so his ego wouldn't be so bruised. Well, home-fry didn't and wouldn't back off, so I very bluntly told him EXACTLY why I wasn't attracted to him, and that he was such a pushy S.O.B. and had made an awful impression on me CONTINOUSLY.
Mr. Cool lost his cool... Oh well, the truth always comes out in one form or another. I don't like playing the 'b**ch card', but will do so if I absolutely have to.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:50 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
How many of you actually enjoy the chase? I dont.

Guys, do you find it thrilling to pursue a woman who plays hard to get and makes you work for whatever you are trying to get? Ive never had any interest in any woman playing hard to get or any other type of game.

Is there an age when this practice becomes childish or immature? I have always thought playing any type of "games" is immature.
While I am not the best looking guy in the world, for the most part, anyone Ive been interested in usually have shown interest in me. Dating was never difficult so if I wanted someone, I usually got them. I dont like playing games with people and I dont like people playing games with me or "testing" me. If a woman plays hard to get, then she "wont-get-got" at least by me anyway.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:54 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,242,232 times
I've never been the least bit interested in "the chase". Sure, I did it in my teens, only because it seemed necessary at the time. In my adult years if I didn't sense mutual attraction immediately, the chase was off. I enjoy some games but not that one.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:11 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,031 times
I love when guys are sincere and straight-forward, but not desperate or clingy. I like to be pursued in the sense that I like the guy to take the lead in dating, but I don't make a guy "chase me".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships