Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:17 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaydenJ View Post
I smoked for 8 years. The addiction started getting overwhelming and freaked me out so I quit. I was always quite indifferent towards smokers though I never fathomed myself being a smoker one day, but what is it about smokers besides the stench that turns people off so much?
They consider smoking a flaw in a ladies character. Never mind that she is ideal in every other way. Since they are perfect, everyone of them with 6 pack abs, 145 IQs and GQ looks, they expect thier ladies to walk on water too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 07:32 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
And in this day when everyone knows smoking causes lung cancer, why do people still do it, other than being hooked on it?
Smoking is a strong addiction. I quit about 18 yrs ago. One of the hardest things I've done. I know many people who still smoke, mostly men tho. My bf smokes. I hate it but wouldnt leave him over it. Cigs killed my mother and almost got my sister. She continued to smoke after watching mom die and only quit when she was diagnosed with lung cancer. Her husband still smokes in the house with her sitting right there.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:34 AM

395 posts, read 1,287,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Kissing a smoker is absolutely foul. Sorry. I don't mean to offend. I'm just telling it like it is.
I agree.

Some of my friends back home used to smoke which was totally against our culture there. We used to work in a really stressful environment (trading desk) and they say it's to ligthen the stress (and they say its "in" and I still dont know what that means).

For me an espresso has always done the "lighten-up" part for me.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:36 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,236,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I agree.

Some of my friends back home used to smoke which was totally against our culture there. We used to work in a really stressful environment (trading desk) and they say it's to ligthen the stress (and they say its "in" and I still dont know what that means).

For me an espresso has always done the "lighten-up" part for me.
I dunno, kissing someone with coffee breath isn't that attractive either.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:45 AM

395 posts, read 1,287,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
I dunno, kissing someone with coffee breath isn't that attractive either.
True. But I personally find coffee breath less replulsive.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:58 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Geez! OCD anybody?

I'm quite sure if she had to hear your charming opinions on smokers she wouldn't be anywhere near your house anyway. So it's kinda a moot point.
No kiddin'! You wonder where this La La Land stereotyping comes from! There was a time I regretted not remaining to live there, but not anymore for a long time. Not that AZ is too far behind...

Oh, well, time will come when they come for the Taoists, fatsos, old farts, or whatever else they might be, but their thick heads won't get it until it happens. Mark my words, though.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:55 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No kiddin'! You wonder where this La La Land stereotyping comes from! There was a time I regretted not remaining to live there, but not anymore for a long time. Not that AZ is too far behind...

Oh, well, time will come when they come for the Taoists, fatsos, old farts, or whatever else they might be, but their thick heads won't get it until it happens. Mark my words, though.
Some people need a whipping post. **shrug** They don't really see that they're next. Always makes me laugh to see them here in Melbourne, the cafe capital sitting out on the sidewalks, sipping their lattes and coughing whenever a smoker walks past, even though they're sucking in exhaust and despite the fact that no matter what happens we all die in the end.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:56 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
Women smokers are an absolute turn off to me. She can be a 9 or 10 to look at. But once I see that cigarette, she drops down to a 4.
I feel the exact same way about women smokers.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:09 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Some people need a whipping post. **shrug** They don't really see that they're next. Always makes me laugh to see them here in Melbourne, the cafe capital sitting out on the sidewalks, sipping their lattes and coughing whenever a smoker walks past, even though they're sucking in exhaust and despite the fact that no matter what happens we all die in the end.
I've never seen a propaganda machine brainwashing as well as the one in the US! The alleged communists of the past could never EVER hold a candle to this! People might've been forced to do or not do many things, but they never believed in it. It's not that this crap is not being shoved down everybody's throats (Europe’s been taken over, too, country by country), but at least there is some resistance there because they know what it is about. Heck, there are Germans still alive who remember Hitler. Here... sheeple... and bleating along with the agenda sheeple at that!

Old 01-27-2009, 09:12 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

I wanted to rep on this but couldnt. Very funny. Very very funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships