Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 03:21 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I think about this every day. I don't have that hard of a time meeting men..it just never feels right and the few times it feels right enough to move along a little bit, it doesn't work out anyways. Even though I don't like it..I've come to realize that I will likely never find what I'm looking for, even though I'm only 25 and still have time..it just doesn't look likely with the way my life has played out. I have thought about what if I need to just settle with someone who's nice enough and treats me well enough who I don't get excited for, just so I don't have to be alone but I know that would really make me miserable so I just stay alone.
What kind of choices are you making that you'll "never find" what you're looking for?? Part of it is looking inward, to see what kinds of choices you're making. Are you making good choices for yourself, or out of desperation? Are you settling for relationships that aren't healthy? Are you attracted to a certain type of person, who isn't the "right" type for you?

You're in the prime of your life for dating, which is the process for finding someone. Just because hasn't worked out so far doesn't mean it never will. 25 is far too young to think that you're going to be alone forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 03:41 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
This is exactly how I'm feeling today. I wonder if I will ever find the right guy. I'm divorced and have been in a few relationship since then. It seems things never work out. I'm scared that I'll be alone forever. I want to get married, I want to have a family...people say stop looking and the right person will find you. I honestly think that's BS! Haha! When you're in that place where you are ready for a relationship it's impossible to stop wanting that. I have a good job, friends, family, outside interests, but I still feel that void of wishing I had someone to share my life with. I don't know how to make peace with it. But I definitely know how it feels.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:53 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
This is exactly how I'm feeling today. I wonder if I will ever find the right guy. I'm divorced and have been in a few relationship since then. It seems things never work out. I'm scared that I'll be alone forever. I want to get married, I want to have a family...people say stop looking and the right person will find you. I honestly think that's BS! Haha! When you're in that place where you are ready for a relationship it's impossible to stop wanting that. I have a good job, friends, family, outside interests, but I still feel that void of wishing I had someone to share my life with. I don't know how to make peace with it. But I definitely know how it feels.
I hear you loud and clear! That saying of stop looking blah blah has to be the stupidest cliche I have ever heard. Does that apply to looking for a job? No! For making extra money? I don't think so. So why should it apply for a relationship?

I am now 98 percent convinced I will not find anyone. I need to learn to make peace with the fact but it's hard.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:21 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I hear you loud and clear! That saying of stop looking blah blah has to be the stupidest cliche I have ever heard. Does that apply to looking for a job? No! For making extra money? I don't think so. So why should it apply for a relationship?

I am now 98 percent convinced I will not find anyone. I need to learn to make peace with the fact but it's hard.
I am someone who has found several relationships when I've least expected it, when I wasn't looking for anyone. I had little to no success in pursuing someone who caught my eye.

I think when people say stop looking, it means if you're actively pursuing someone, you may be coming across as needy, or pushy, or desperate. If you have other things that fill up your life and your whole focus each day is not on finding someone, then you will have better success. I attribute that to basically if you're happy, you're giving off a happy/content vibe, which makes you more appealing. If you're in a more negative place, or being desperate or upset and overly focused on not having someone, you're likely giving off the sort of vibe which does not attract others.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:28 PM

733 posts, read 1,664,023 times
I'm not the most picky person in the world, and I get along and connect with most people I meet. I have also had many many relationships, and in almost all of them, I believed that they were the right person at one point or another. After enough of that, it is hard to envision that I would suddenly stop meeting people that I fancy.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:37 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight123 View Post
If you ever felt sad, felt that you might never find the right man/woman to be with for the rest of your life?
Do guys have this kind of fear?

if it is a fact or will be a fact, how did you make peace with it and how to be happy with your life in this situation?
It's a reality for me that I may never find that someone to spend the rest of my life with. I'm not adverse to it, but I don't seek it actively.

I make so many plans for myself, my life in general, that I don't have time to think about what I would do if I don't have someone else around.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:17 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I am someone who has found several relationships when I've least expected it, when I wasn't looking for anyone. I had little to no success in pursuing someone who caught my eye.

I think when people say stop looking, it means if you're actively pursuing someone, you may be coming across as needy, or pushy, or desperate. If you have other things that fill up your life and your whole focus each day is not on finding someone, then you will have better success. I attribute that to basically if you're happy, you're giving off a happy/content vibe, which makes you more appealing. If you're in a more negative place, or being desperate or upset and overly focused on not having someone, you're likely giving off the sort of vibe which does not attract others.
Maybe you can work hard at your job, hang out with friends, have hobbies and interests, but also be on the look out for that great person. I'm not going to sit at home trolling the internet or skulking in bars every weekend desperately looking for a man, but I definitely have my eye open!

Old 03-12-2012, 10:06 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
What kind of choices are you making that you'll "never find" what you're looking for?? Part of it is looking inward, to see what kinds of choices you're making. Are you making good choices for yourself, or out of desperation? Are you settling for relationships that aren't healthy? Are you attracted to a certain type of person, who isn't the "right" type for you?

You're in the prime of your life for dating, which is the process for finding someone. Just because hasn't worked out so far doesn't mean it never will. 25 is far too young to think that you're going to be alone forever.
Not sure what you mean by choices. I tend to be attracted to masculine men who are on the traditional side. I live in a somewhat socially liberal town so its hard to find that. Guys in my age group mostly are trying to eff it out and try out every piece of a@@ they can get with until they're over that stage. I've had guys get annoyed when I say I"m not much of a texter, some disagree with my idea of not living with someone I'm not even engaged to, things like that. Plus, most men here in my age group have children..I'm only 25..talk about annoying. I don't make choices out of desperation. I simply go out with guys who seem nice enough and attractive enough, who ask me out. Most of the time there is zero connection/chemistry and that's what I'm talking about. The few times I'm attracted to the guy/feel a connection, he just strings me along or plays me after he's done putting on the whole nice guy routine, and I leave as soon as I figure out whats going on because I'm looking for something real. Maybe I just need to keep going. But I think I also really need to get out of this cesspool town. I've had even some of my friends notice that its this town that is just hard to date in. I feel like I've dated everyone there is to date here who's single and most men I've dated recently have moved here within the last couple of years so its pretty much just waiting for the right guy to move here. Either way, I'm running out of ideas of where to find someone normal who knows what he wants, lol.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:11 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight123 View Post
If you ever felt sad, felt that you might never find the right man/woman to be with for the rest of your life?
Do guys have this kind of fear?

if it is a fact or will be a fact, how did you make peace with it and how to be happy with your life in this situation?
No fear. I am not entitiled to a right girl anyway. I don't control it. Why should I be worried?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:45 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Default ever wonder what if you can't find the right woman/man? how to make peace with this?

No such thing as "the right one".

There are lot of compatible people for all of us. Some of us will not pull our heads out of the sand long enough to see the person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships