Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:57 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,514,172 times

Advertisements

delete?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 10:06 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,087,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I just woke up, came downstairs, checked my e-mail and just about flipped out. There was an e-mail from my ex-fiance in my inbox. Now, this is the guy who I loved more than anything and ripped my heart out by leaving me less than three weeks before our wedding, and married someone else four months later.

What he said was basically, I hope you're not offended that I'm writing you. I hope enough time has passed to be over the bitterness. I'm in Afghanistan for the next six months, just wanted to see how you're doing. blah blah blah.

WTF??? Should I write him back and tell him to eff off, tell him how great and wonderful my life is, or just ignore him. Or, should I just send a friendly e-mail back? I don't want to get dragged into some sort of relationship again, even a friendship, because of how bad he hurt me. I'm crying as I write this even though it's been over two years since our break up, and about a year and a half since our last contact, obviously there are issues that I still have about what happened.
Wow! Ummmm what feels right to you? I bet my heart and soul on somebody...That ended over 5 years ago. It still hurts.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I'm resisting replying to him right now until my head is clear enough. I may just ignore it, but I'd really like to tell him off.

I just don't get how he can just send a chit-chatty e-mail, like all the hurt can just be swept under the rug.

His b**** of a wife is probably too busy with her own life to be supportive of him while he's deployed and he knows how great I was to him when he was in Iraq when we were together.

I specifically told him to not contact me again in August 2007, when he sent me a friendly, just to say Hi e-mail. I told him then that he hurt me too much for me to ever be friends with him. Why would he think another year, or ten years, would change that?
Anger transferance! Do you know his wife? OR is she just a b**** because she's his wife and your not?

Old 01-31-2009, 11:00 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,810 times
Block his email and move on. Don't even think about him and like what Opti said, don't vent over the wife because she "took" your "was your man."

Old 01-31-2009, 11:06 AM

188 posts, read 474,965 times
Block and delete is the best responce. He will tire of shouting into and empty hole. Stay strong and move on. JMHO Lots of love to you.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:07 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,286,462 times
Default Booty email?

Is there such a thing? 'Sounds like he's cracking the door open for a virtual booty call, regardless of where he is. NEXT--->

Old 01-31-2009, 11:12 AM

353 posts, read 906,482 times
Quote:

His b**** of a wife is probably too busy with her own life to be supportive of him while he's deployed and he knows how great I was to him when he was in Iraq when we were together.

I specifically told him to not contact me again in August 2007, when he sent me a friendly, just to say Hi e-mail. I told him then that he hurt me too much for me to ever be friends with him. Why would he think another year, or ten years, would change that?
This is how women get in trouble. You have no idea what is going on in their marriage, and if he is telling you anything, it's going to benefit him. And if you were married to him he'd be saying the same things about you.

Or are you just calling her that out of envy?

Stay out of other peoples marriages and worry about getting your own. You are never going to move on if you keep playing this game.

Men will come back when they are bored (so don't flatter yourself), but only if you allow it.

As for the email, "delete" is only a click away.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:14 AM

262 posts, read 567,561 times
Forget him,if he can hurt you like he did then he doesn't deserve a response fom you.The best thing to do in my opinion is delete everything that could temt you into giving him a reply and giving him satisfaction.When I split up with my wife a while back I had to delete her number,txt messages and calls made/recieved because I just couldn't put my phone down and just forget.I also deleted everything that was internet related.It just plays on your mind and temps you too much.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:17 AM

591 posts, read 1,416,446 times
I would want to do one of the two..I"d either forward the email to his wife or i'd just totally ignore him altogether..it would depend on how mean I was feeling that day..either way I wouldn't write him back just because that would tick him off the most to get total silence from you

Old 01-31-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Block his email and move on. Don't even think about him and like what Opti said, don't vent over the wife because she "took" your "was your man."
Oh yeah what could be better than gettn you mad at the wrong person instead of me??

I was crazy angry at my Ex's boyfriend..And she fueled this by say "Rob says..." a lot! And he hates me, based I'm sure on what she's told him. The best manipulators do that..they have everybody angry at the wrong people...them!

I found out from a friend she went after him. He remembered her say "ohh whose that?" to my friend. My friend was friends with him, my wife and me. Now he's only friends with me. Know how I gauge my actions? A ton of my marriages mutual friends are now my sole friends...It took a lot of pain and sobering up and work....and "still i can't find love""...........yet!!!....
She used to accuse me of stealing friends...I have both of her former best female friends on my myspace!! which kills her...nah nah nah,.. nah nah nah nah...hey hey hey..goodbye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships