Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times

Advertisements

Women today are too serious; they themselves often don't have a sense of humour. I'm not extroverted but I'm naturally a bit of a joker who always makes light of things, I would like someone similar, funny can only be positive as far as I see it. I wouldn't want any girl no matter how 'hot' if she wasn't funny at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 02:24 PM

253 posts, read 805,770 times
Default hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
No way. I would never bother with a woman who didn't make me laugh - smartass or otherwise - humor is a must.
So sad that people think that women who are funny must be ugly - sad for them anyway. Maybe the attractive, funny women are reserved for the attractive, funny men?
thank you for sayen women with a senses of humor can also be pretty, i was starten to think i must be a friggen dog then by this post....lol, thank goodness thanks to you and those like you, i can toss off the paperbag off my head and continue to be a funny never ending smart ass

Old 02-23-2009, 08:44 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Many on here have used standup comedians as examples of funny women. I suppose most are, but when I think of a funny woman, one with a clever sense of humor, I think more along the lines of Kelly Ripa, if we're going to use celebrities as examples. Smart & sassy, makes cute, funny faces, quick wit.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:41 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,746,310 times
I guess it all depends, I consider myself a funny women to a point..I guess you need to know when to be funny and when not to be funny...you need to use your head and be clever.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
I love funny women. I'll take a funny woman over some boring know it all self important beauty model.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 AM

Kelly Ripa is so irritating, very unfunny, and philistine. No offense but Kathy Griffin rules her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Many on here have used standup comedians as examples of funny women. I suppose most are, but when I think of a funny woman, one with a clever sense of humor, I think more along the lines of Kelly Ripa, if we're going to use celebrities as examples. Smart & sassy, makes cute, funny faces, quick wit.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:16 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
WOW, maybe this is my problem. I am very funny, people often say it in fact its often the thing they remember most about me. I am also extremely single. OH WELL, I would rather keep my laughing reality in the face personality then change who I am for some insecure man who has to be the center of the world.

I guess I have learned to deal with the stress and strain of life (mine has been a really stressful ride) with humour, thats how I get through it. I have been told that I should do stand up. I can't and won't change that about myself.

I do a great bit about sex and my experiences with my first husband, people are crying from laughter. Totally innapropriate for this board however.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:19 AM

The one with the really huge hog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have been told that I should do stand up. I can't and won't change that about myself.

I do a great bit about sex and my experiences with my first husband, people are crying from laughter. Totally innapropriate for this board however.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:21 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I love funny women. I'll take a funny woman over some boring know it all self important beauty model.
Sweetie, do I need to remind you of your homosexual status? You are concerning me with your talk of "taking a woman" anywhere

Old 02-24-2009, 12:25 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The one with the really huge hog?
LOL, I never married the guy with the big one. My first husband didn't have anything THAT fabulous to recommend him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships