Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:43 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times

Advertisements

Just wondering....

I have a relative that comes 2-3 hours LATE for every function. Her mother thinks it's funny and the daughter is 45 years old. She will never apologize like some people at least make up an excuse!! No, not her!!

I am sometimes 5-10 minutes late for different things but not 2 hrs.
Somedays I think I will be late for my own funeral loll but I am not that bad.....

Anyone else REALLY habitually late???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 06:20 PM

105 posts, read 364,385 times
Default Me too

This is funny because I am always late, my tags say "SoryImL8" I get up on time but by the time I get out of the house or wherever Im late. 2-3 hrs no but to a function maybe an hour, to work 15mins...I think the only reason why I havent been fired is because when I work, I work hard and make sure that I cross every t and dot every I before I leave no matter what the time. The reason why she may never make up an excuse is the same reason why i stopped doing that, because I was tired of making them up, there is no excuse oooh except I just move slow. Please realize that it takes 3 types of people to make the world go round...those who are early,on time and late. I have tried to be on time but 9 out of 10 my intense efforts does not work .

Old 02-20-2009, 08:06 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,012,452 times
I'm 10 to 20 minutes early for everything--BUT family functions. I like to be late and leave early. I love my family. I really do. They're just too noisy for me.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,259,115 times
We have a friend in our group of close friends that is constantly VERY late...30 minutes to up to 2 hours late! It has gotten so bad we lie about what time events start!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:18 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,933,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Just wondering....

I have a relative that comes 2-3 hours LATE for every function. Her mother thinks it's funny and the daughter is 45 years old. She will never apologize like some people at least make up an excuse!! No, not her!!

I am sometimes 5-10 minutes late for different things but not 2 hrs.
Somedays I think I will be late for my own funeral loll but I am not that bad.....

Anyone else REALLY habitually late???
Better watch out. I know someone who was constantly late and her friends started telling her that the events to which she was invited were a half hour earlier than everyone else. I don't think she ever caught on.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:19 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,929,681 times
we lie to my brother's girlfriend about the time and used to lie to my step-mother. I'm usually about 10-15 minutes late and I hate that about myself. I hear people say, "If people are late they are basically saying they don't care about the people they are late for" and I would hate for my friends to think I feel that way about them because that is not why I'm late at all. I was sooooo happy when my very punctual BFF had her daughter b/c I knew a baby would delay her. LOL. She cuts me some slack now when I'm late.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:02 PM

620 posts, read 1,772,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I'm 10 to 20 minutes early for everything--BUT family functions. I like to be late and leave early. I love my family. I really do. They're just too noisy for me.
This is pretty much how I am too. Only, I'm not as early as you are for everything; I feel comfortable with even 5-10 minutes to spare.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:35 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,859,110 times
My Mother has EVERYONE beat. Since she got sick and her car broke down, I have been going over to take her shopping. I'd forgotten how bad she was but eventually realized not to even THINK of putting down the newspaper and heading for the door until she had her coat AND boots on. On Wednesday, I still waited 15 minutes in the truck!

When we were kids, we thought it was normal to arrive at the theater to watch the last 15 to 30 minutes of the show and then wait through the intermission to see the first 1 and 1/2 hours. I mean, why suffer through all that suspense?

Old 02-21-2009, 05:34 AM

546 posts, read 1,679,494 times
My mom is like this, which is why I hate being late for anything! She is habitually 30 min+ late anywhere she goes no matter how much time in advance she gives herself. The day of my engagement party, where she was going to come an hour early to help me set up, she ran 4 hours late. her excuse? She kept forgetting things back home and would remember half way to the party, so she turned back..... 3 times

Old 02-21-2009, 06:07 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,869,479 times
Default Is anyone habitually LATE for everything..LOL

Well, as a matter of fact, I have a sister who is habitually late for EVERY last thing that she goes to. Her daughter is the same way. Now that I think of it, I have two sisters who are habitually late and it is annoying as hell. I had a nice picnic planned one day last summer down by our pool..a girls day. The habitually late sister was just a tad late and the other one was at least 2 hours beyond that! GRRRRRR. Oh, my goodness, now that I think of it, my daughter in law is always late too. I am surrounded by them...YIKES.

I find that people who are late all the time don't much care about your schedule and find also that it is all about them..don't you think? It is rude to say the least.

Have I said anything to my family members who are constantly late? ABSOLUTELY. It doesn't change a thing, they still do it and it is a hair pulling situation.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships