Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 07:58 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A desire or inability to have more kids at that age slashes the dating pool down for both men and women. She will just have fewer dating options if she is incapable of having another kid as there will be some guys out there without a kid that still want one. In 20 years is she is dating it won't matter.

Do you think badboys WANT kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 08:19 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
20% of men get 80% of the women, and these women only "Want" nice guys when bad boys are no longer attracted to them. They resent the nice guy for this, and make his life a living hell, making him suffer for her poor choices in life.
No guy with any semblance of self esteem will put up with a girl making his life hell stemming from misfortunes earlier in her life, especially if she's with him only because of a Plan B compromise. Some nice guys will up and leave a girl for taking her frustrations out on him, and more often than not, bitter vindictive girls like that deserve to be lonely. Some of them are better off just buying 23 cats and staying cooped up in their house and clock out of the social scene altogether. Reverse the genders of course, and my opinion wouldn't change.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:16 PM

491 posts, read 1,045,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
On one hand, you're protecting yourself and, perhaps, a future offspring. However, the down-side is that you're still very young at 26 and have a lifetime ahead of you. It's poissible that the perfect man for you -- a real man with integrity -- might come along, fall wildly in love with you and want to marry and have a family with you. What then?
Ok, let's pretend for a second here that I did meet someone as you have described above and decided to have kids with him. Let's pretend he dies in a horribly, terrible tagic accident and leaves me a single mom to two kids, or three or however many he was devoted to raising with me. What then? As a single mother, I would STILL be the attack of the OP rant (along with other posters on here who put us single mothers into the same category instead of a case by case basis) except this time, there would be more than one kiddo in the mix.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A desire or inability to have more kids at that age slashes the dating pool down for both men and women. She will just have fewer dating options if she is incapable of having another kid as there will be some guys out there without a kid that still want one. In 20 years is she is dating it won't matter.
Have you ever been to El Paso? Lol, its single parent city. Most guys I know already have kiddos of their own and don't want anymore, so thankfully I'm not worried about meeting someone who doesn't have kids that desire one or more.
However, if I did meet that guy who did want kids, I would let him know up front before anything else that I don't desire anymore, that way neither he nor I will have wasted our time building a relationship that will eventually end because of our disagreements on kid vs no kids. That guy deserves someone who shares his dreams (for lack of a better word) of having children and no matter how compatible we would be in every other aspect, it wouldn't be fair to continue down a path that will never be, for him at least.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:39 PM

[quote=betamanlet;12699962]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post

How about you just not date bad boys? Or would the boredom be too much for you from the lack of drama?
Actually, I don't date at all. Good boys, bad boys, or otherwise. I prefer the "boredom" of my single life vs the drama of being in a relationship.
But thanks for pretending to know me, what I want and dont want and why I want or dont want it! Good try, but better luck next time.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:49 AM

[quote=AJsMOM83;12701916]
Quote:

Actually, I don't date at all. Good boys, bad boys, or otherwise. I prefer the "boredom" of my single life vs the drama of being in a relationship.
But thanks for pretending to know me, what I want and dont want and why I want or dont want it! Good try, but better luck next time.

So.... We have a different use of terminology, you don't "date" at all, yet you had yourself sterilized. makes perfect sense, unless you read between the lines. Now you can have just casual sex with bad boys and not worry about getting pregnant. Sorry about the confusion.

Again, maybe if you didn't date badboys, you wouldn't have the drama you claim you want to avoid. So to solve it, you have your tubes tied and have casual sex with teh guys you don't want to date due to the drama

Old 02-01-2010, 08:11 AM

[quote=betamanlet;12704031]
Quote:

So.... We have a different use of terminology, you don't "date" at all, yet you had yourself sterilized. makes perfect sense, unless you read between the lines. Now you can have just casual sex with bad boys and not worry about getting pregnant. Sorry about the confusion.

Again, maybe if you didn't date badboys, you wouldn't have the drama you claim you want to avoid. So to solve it, you have your tubes tied and have casual sex with teh guys you don't want to date due to the drama
Nowhere did I state I had myself sterilized or had my tubes tied. Again, good try on thinking you know me and what I'm doing.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 AM

[quote=AJsMOM83;12704816]
Quote:

Nowhere did I state I had myself sterilized or had my tubes tied. Again, good try on thinking you know me and what I'm doing.

"
I do not want anymore kids (yes, I've taken steps to prevent that from happening). I refuse to put myself in another situation where the possibility of me ending up a single mom to two kiddos is likely. "

I thought that was a reasonable interpretation of what you wrote. The only other possibility is celibacy.. That doesn't really seem too rational given you don't have to be having sex with bad boys.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:06 AM

I thought that was a reasonable interpretation of what you wrote. The only other possibility is celibacy.

Exactly. You thought. Which goes to show you dont know me or what I want.
Just because I stuck with my ex for cheating on me doesn't automatically mean I like dating bad boys. I dated one "bad boy" (him) and that was enough for me. As I did state previously, I was in love and I truly thought he would change. Guess what? He didnt! I've since learned from that experience and thankfully, have not been cheated on since!
Lol, but you're funny. I like you, you make me laugh!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I thought that was a reasonable interpretation of what you wrote. The only other possibility is celibacy.

Exactly. You thought. Which goes to show you dont know me or what I want.
Just because I stuck with my ex for cheating on me doesn't automatically mean I like dating bad boys. I dated one "bad boy" (him) and that was enough for me. As I did state previously, I was in love and I truly thought he would change. Guess what? He didnt! I've since learned from that experience and thankfully, have not been cheated on since!
Lol, but you're funny. I like you, you make me laugh!

So it makes sense to completely give up dating because you dated ONE bad boy?

Do you think that makes sense? Yes, if you don't date, you can't get cheated on, but you're basing this all off one experience?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships