Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2009, 06:42 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,832,292 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have two rules.
First one. I keep it in my pants and keeps her legs closed. We are intimate only with each other.
Second one. We back each other to the wall. Right,wrong,indifferent. One is behind the other 100%. No when we get behind closed doors in private,we might air the wrongs or over talk one's actions. But in public, we back each other against all commers in any conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,199,579 times
LOL
The deal breakers.. LOL omg.. that's why i'm still single.

1.).. not intelligent enough... seriously.. I need Einstein smart.. literally, because I love to talk about all kinds of things, I may be the smartest person, but I love to learn..
2.).. not self-sufficient.. I was married and had to take care of EVERYTHING... not going there again.. if a man has no clue how to caulk windows.. yeah.. hes a goner.
3)... financialy in the dumps.. I don't care about wealth status, but he better live within his means.. i'm not 20 years old now and need to make sure that i'm ok in the next 10. lol
4.).. doesn't want children... likes animals..
5.)... doesn't respect his mom or siblings.. Tells you how he views women a lot!
6.)... real world education.. I need him to be cultured and open minded..
7.).. the 8-5er.. the one that comes home and wants to monopolize my time.. i have independent hobbies.. they are not my entire life.
8.)... I will NOT sacrifice myself for a man.. if I want to go to a concert and he doesn't.. guess what I still go and they need to be ok with that.

Then of course the obvious things..
I just have decided that I need a millionaire.. or someone that is devoted to their work.. I want them to have their OWN hobbies or whatever so I can enjoy mine.. My main rule in dating is this.. live with it or leave it..

Old 03-16-2009, 12:43 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
LOL
The deal breakers.. LOL omg.. that's why i'm still single.

1.).. not intelligent enough... seriously.. I need Einstein smart.. literally, because I love to talk about all kinds of things, I may be the smartest person, but I love to learn..
2.).. not self-sufficient.. I was married and had to take care of EVERYTHING... not going there again.. if a man has no clue how to caulk windows.. yeah.. hes a goner.
3)... financialy in the dumps.. I don't care about wealth status, but he better live within his means.. i'm not 20 years old now and need to make sure that i'm ok in the next 10. lol
4.).. doesn't want children... likes animals..
5.)... doesn't respect his mom or siblings.. Tells you how he views women a lot!
6.)... real world education.. I need him to be cultured and open minded..
7.).. the 8-5er.. the one that comes home and wants to monopolize my time.. i have independent hobbies.. they are not my entire life.
8.)... I will NOT sacrifice myself for a man.. if I want to go to a concert and he doesn't.. guess what I still go and they need to be ok with that.

Then of course the obvious things..
I just have decided that I need a millionaire.. or someone that is devoted to their work.. I want them to have their OWN hobbies or whatever so I can enjoy mine.. My main rule in dating is this.. live with it or leave it..
Sounds like you'll be single for a long long long long long long long time.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:46 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Interesting thread. Some of these were the basis for divorcing my first husband, others I just "know".

Selfishness
Irresponsibility
Stifling, possessive
"Fussy" (no picky-ass neatniks for me)
Druggie
Physically abusive (I've been in lucky in not having to experience that)
Has children (never wanted an instant family)
Workaholic (life's too short)

Old 04-05-2009, 07:38 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,694,209 times
1) smoking

1.5) unemployed!

2) not energetic or outgoing

3) not interested in fitness or healthful eating

4) rudeness

these are my top deal breakers.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:05 AM

3 posts, read 4,689 times
I can't stand it when a guy tells me "relax" when I'm stressed out about something.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:22 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
1) smoking

1.5) unemployed!

2) not energetic or outgoing

3) not interested in fitness or healthful eating

4) rudeness

these are my top deal breakers.
All good ones! But what if he has zero interest in watching sports?

I have some interests that I wouldn't expect a guy to share, but there are others that I definitely want him to enjoy with me. Travel, watching sports and weekend activities/festivals/day trips are big ones.

Me: Wanna head to the beach for the long weekend?

Him: Nah, I have to change the oil in my car.

Me: Well, then how about heading down to the River Walk after you do that; there's a cool festival going on?

Him: No, I have to sort through these bills.

Me: Well, since we're staying home, maybe we could just curl up on the couch and watch the game.

Him: No, you know I don't like sports.

Me: There's the door. Don't let it hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:20 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,448 times
not so much tactlessness (is that even a word?) But someone who doesn't even know you well who acts moody, too much too soon. Not that I'd want an actor, but everyone knows MOST people put on a good show in the begenning, but if you don't care enough to leave your bad moods at home when I hardly know you, I think it's only getting worse from there. What a drag. Someone who has lots of kids or more than one baby momma is probably not for me either. Too much drinking, any drug use , any anger problems, cheating, rudeness, indications of any of the previous being a problem (as people usually act in the begenning and hide things) or indications of physical abuse. Being unemployed, underemployed (unless there is a good reason for it, like took time off to care for someone sick- if it isnt a lie, shows compassion), someone who gambles or handles money poorly. Someone who is not a gentleman- i e if we're on a date, he should pay. Is that list long enough? Oh smoking, a turn off, and BO or bad breath, the usual deal breakers, over 30 , living w/ parents................ I think that covers it.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:24 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Id like to add the ones in bold to my list of Dealbreakers.

A flat saggy butt is the WORST!!!!
A huge fat 45+ inch butt is awful as well.
Fake boobs are a definite dealbreaker.
Bad sex is just a hair better than NO sex.
geez! I apologize up front if Im not reading enough of the post (past my bedtime) but this is all shallow stuff- yes, bad sex but......... no on 2nd thought, I guess you're right, Im sure there are many physical things on a guy that would turn me off, too- uncut or dirty nails, food in the teeth or bad teeth........... not sure how I feel about balding. But you know, hair is so much less important than other stuff, no it 's not on the deal breaker list.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 AM

378 posts, read 1,207,110 times
Here's mine:

Not intelligent
Not honest
Does "hard" drugs or pops pills
Abusive
Bad breath
Still living with Mom

That's about all I can think of right now although I'm sure there's many more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships