Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:32 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,021,530 times

Advertisements

(Skip to the bottom for "The Bottom Line")

What do people mean when they say they've got "Game"? What do people mean when they say "The Game" is to be sold, and not told? "The Game" of cat and mouse?

"Game". The interesting thing about that term is that the majority of people between the ages of 18 and 40 don't understand what "The Game" is referring to. Some think it has to do with the simple courtship ritual as it's been for decades: boy meets girl, boy courts girl, girl says yes (or no), etc. What the majority of people in that demographic don't understand: That's not "The Game". It's only one piece of the puzzle. Why is that important? Well, if you reconcile with yourself that the courtship ritual is only a small piece of the overall puzzle, you'll begin to see why relationships and dating require so much brain energy with little return, generally speaking.

First, we need to look at courtship as we would look at arithmetic. One boy + One girl = One relationship. Or, to be politically correct I suppose, One person of a gender + One person of a gender = One relationship of a sort. But it's not that simple, is it? It's really more like this, and I'm going to use male and female:

A male can meet a woman at any time. But it's a guessing game as to the outcome. Either she'll say yes, or she'll say no, but beyond that, the "No" reason is quite often a lie. She might say "I have a boyfriend" when she really doesn't. She might say "I'm staying single" when she really isn't (just doesn't want anything to do with you specifically). It's all a bunch of pretense designed for self preservation, because women want to be picky. No matter what they say, they don't want someone they can marry, or take home to Mom/Dad, or spend time with. What women want is to have fun. They want to spend their days staring at someone with a body, tan, and maybe even tattoos like Randy Orton. Doesn't matter how much of a jerk the guy really is. Proof positive the girl will take a verbally abusive hottie over a sweet, considerate, yet average looking guy.

But why is that? What logic is there in such a dynamic? The answer is...there isn't any. Therein is the problem...no logic behind it. At least not until the female turns at least 30, which is when one (or more) of the following has happened to her:
  • She's been married, might still be, or is divorced (ever notice how explicitly easy it is to flirt with a female who is or has been married, yet single women act all stuck up?)
  • She has at least one kid, might even be a single parent after some jerk did her wrong (ever notice how women with one or more children are more open to relationships than women with no children?);
  • She's been abused, physically or verbally (or both), and is on the rebound (ever wonder why a woman who is on the rebound is more likely to go to bed with you than a woman who is happy?);
  • She's dated (and been done wrong by) so many guys that she now is not interested in dating anymore (ever meet that girl who tells you a story about relationships and the fact that she's not interested in relationships anymore, but wants to keep you as a friend?); and/or
  • There were some familial issues that have resulted in the current antipathy to relationships of any kind (ever meet that female who, no matter how long you date her, won't let you touch her at all, not even a hug?).
Translated, what I just stated above: Women want male friends. They don't really want to commit to anything if they don't have to. If that sounds familiar, it should. It's what women used to say about men all the time, and truthfully, there are some men that are like that, but that's caused by women who are just refusing to get into anything serious.

Some of you might think that I'm off my rocker. That women are sweet and just want to be married off and raise a family with a good man with great family values and morals. I submit to you that you're living in a dream world. Case in point: I've had plenty of women over my many years of dating who claim that I'm "too intellectual". How can a person be too smart? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

So, what's the bottom line? It's this. "The Game" is not the cat-and-mouse between men and women. It's the duplicity, the fabrication, the falsification, the ambiguity, the sheer disingenuous behavior that women exhibit towards men. They've played around when they were 12-26, and now that the playing is over and they've been emotionally scarred, that's when they finally settle down and get smart about dealing with men.

That men have to effectively roll dice when they want to meet someone, and risk severe rejection, or worse, blatant lies...that men don't get the straight answer from women when a simple question is asked...that men can't ever win the battle against the male jerks of the world...it's the games women play. And they play them on purpose, because they can. Because stupid men allow them to get away with it. Women do and will continue to play games; society will never get to an acceptable standard where we get straightforward honesty. We will never have a time when a guy can approach a single woman and get a fair shot regardless of the fact we're not a musclehead or have tattoos or a tan or drive a lifted truck. And that's sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 09:00 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Being bitter and loathing women isn't attractive. If you read this forum, you'll see posts from lots of women who don't behave anything like your manifesto says. I'm afraid that nobody I know would date someone with an attitude like that.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
(Skip to the bottom for "The Bottom Line")

What do people mean when they say they've got "Game"? What do people mean when they say "The Game" is to be sold, and not told? "The Game" of cat and mouse?

"Game". The interesting thing about that term is that the majority of people between the ages of 18 and 40 don't understand what "The Game" is referring to. Some think it has to do with the simple courtship ritual as it's been for decades: boy meets girl, boy courts girl, girl says yes (or no), etc. What the majority of people in that demographic don't understand: That's not "The Game". It's only one piece of the puzzle. Why is that important? Well, if you reconcile with yourself that the courtship ritual is only a small piece of the overall puzzle, you'll begin to see why relationships and dating require so much brain energy with little return, generally speaking.

First, we need to look at courtship as we would look at arithmetic. One boy + One girl = One relationship. Or, to be politically correct I suppose, One person of a gender + One person of a gender = One relationship of a sort. But it's not that simple, is it? It's really more like this, and I'm going to use male and female:

A male can meet a woman at any time. But it's a guessing game as to the outcome. Either she'll say yes, or she'll say no, but beyond that, the "No" reason is quite often a lie. She might say "I have a boyfriend" when she really doesn't. She might say "I'm staying single" when she really isn't (just doesn't want anything to do with you specifically). It's all a bunch of pretense designed for self preservation, because women want to be picky. No matter what they say, they don't want someone they can marry, or take home to Mom/Dad, or spend time with. What women want is to have fun. They want to spend their days staring at someone with a body, tan, and maybe even tattoos like Randy Orton. Doesn't matter how much of a jerk the guy really is. Proof positive the girl will take a verbally abusive hottie over a sweet, considerate, yet average looking guy.

But why is that? What logic is there in such a dynamic? The answer is...there isn't any. Therein is the problem...no logic behind it. At least not until the female turns at least 30, which is when one (or more) of the following has happened to her:
  • She's been married, might still be, or is divorced (ever notice how explicitly easy it is to flirt with a female who is or has been married, yet single women act all stuck up?)
  • She has at least one kid, might even be a single parent after some jerk did her wrong (ever notice how women with one or more children are more open to relationships than women with no children?);
  • She's been abused, physically or verbally (or both), and is on the rebound (ever wonder why a woman who is on the rebound is more likely to go to bed with you than a woman who is happy?);
  • She's dated (and been done wrong by) so many guys that she now is not interested in dating anymore (ever meet that girl who tells you a story about relationships and the fact that she's not interested in relationships anymore, but wants to keep you as a friend?); and/or
  • There were some familial issues that have resulted in the current antipathy to relationships of any kind (ever meet that female who, no matter how long you date her, won't let you touch her at all, not even a hug?).
Translated, what I just stated above: Women want male friends. They don't really want to commit to anything if they don't have to. If that sounds familiar, it should. It's what women used to say about men all the time, and truthfully, there are some men that are like that, but that's caused by women who are just refusing to get into anything serious.

Some of you might think that I'm off my rocker. That women are sweet and just want to be married off and raise a family with a good man with great family values and morals. I submit to you that you're living in a dream world. Case in point: I've had plenty of women over my many years of dating who claim that I'm "too intellectual". How can a person be too smart? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

So, what's the bottom line? It's this. "The Game" is not the cat-and-mouse between men and women. It's the duplicity, the fabrication, the falsification, the ambiguity, the sheer disingenuous behavior that women exhibit towards men. They've played around when they were 12-26, and now that the playing is over and they've been emotionally scarred, that's when they finally settle down and get smart about dealing with men.

That men have to effectively roll dice when they want to meet someone, and risk severe rejection, or worse, blatant lies...that men don't get the straight answer from women when a simple question is asked...that men can't ever win the battle against the male jerks of the world...it's the games women play. And they play them on purpose, because they can. Because stupid men allow them to get away with it. Women do and will continue to play games; society will never get to an acceptable standard where we get straightforward honesty. We will never have a time when a guy can approach a single woman and get a fair shot regardless of the fact we're not a musclehead or have tattoos or a tan or drive a lifted truck. And that's sad.
its not about being fair its about getting your needs met.
fair went out 30 years ago.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:39 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,890 times
This is just sick. Some women do this, some don't, but at LEAST as many men do it.

Just because your loathsome attitude drives women away, doesn't mean there is something wrong with THEM. YOU are the only common denominator here.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:33 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,021,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
This is just sick. Some women do this, some don't, but at LEAST as many men do it.

Just because your loathsome attitude drives women away, doesn't mean there is something wrong with THEM. YOU are the only common denominator here.
First of all it's commentary. Not my words, though I agree with them.

If you're going to tell me that women have to roll dice to meet a man, you're dreaming. I've said it since I was 16: any female can get a man. Problem is, they're picky. Guys don't have it like that unless they look like...well, Orton is as good an example as any. And females constantly...I mean constantly lie with their answers to basic questions. I met a female, blind setup, who told me she had a kid - ok fine. Go up to meet her, she's not only got a daughter, she's 6 months pregnant. Did she lie? Yes...lie of omission. Met another one through a friend - seemed nice and all that. Learned her military fiance came back from deployment and married another chick he'd been seeing on the side. Cracked photos lined her apartment, collecting welfare, two kids, emotional issues, calling my job lying about being my wife...

Old 03-18-2009, 07:36 AM

968 posts, read 2,589,580 times
who cares if you get rejected. Just move on to the next one.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:51 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
First of all it's commentary. Not my words, though I agree with them.

If you're going to tell me that women have to roll dice to meet a man, you're dreaming. I've said it since I was 16: any female can get a man. Problem is, they're picky. Guys don't have it like that unless they look like...well, Orton is as good an example as any. And females constantly...I mean constantly lie with their answers to basic questions. I met a female, blind setup, who told me she had a kid - ok fine. Go up to meet her, she's not only got a daughter, she's 6 months pregnant. Did she lie? Yes...lie of omission. Met another one through a friend - seemed nice and all that. Learned her military fiance came back from deployment and married another chick he'd been seeing on the side. Cracked photos lined her apartment, collecting welfare, two kids, emotional issues, calling my job lying about being my wife...
I would avoid these women like the plague if I were a guy, too!

Again, just because you happen to be the kind of person who attracts the crazies, doesn't mean ALL women are lying *******.

And what kind of "friend" would set you up with someone like that? Sounds like you need a new attitude AND new friends.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:56 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
A comedian once made a joke that women all go for the same 20 guys which isnt that far off

Old 03-18-2009, 11:23 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
A comedian once made a joke that women all go for the same 20 guys which isnt that far off
I completely agree. Why do you think there is so much cat fighting among women?? They are all after the same small pool of guys. You hardly ever see guys cat fighting over a girl.... because usually guys are much less picky and have a more varied taste. This has been my experience anyway.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:11 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I completely agree. Why do you think there is so much cat fighting among women?? They are all after the same small pool of guys. You hardly ever see guys cat fighting over a girl.... because usually guys are much less picky and have a more varied taste. This has been my experience anyway.
There was a report out today that 40% of women who gave birth in 2007 were unwed mothers, I believe what you mentioned, women sharing a relatively small pool of men, is one of the many reasons behind this trend, So many men that would have been acceptable to women in the past no longer are considered good enough. These generally are the men who made the finest, most loyal husbands and fathers in previous generations. They are known as "beta providers" in game speak.

Perhaps I'm too optimistic, but I think current trends will eventually reverse themselves. Women will wise up to game and want to meet good men instead of being used and abused by players. On an individual level, many if not most women outgrow their bad boy phase, now we need the culture as a whole to make this shift, the future of civilization depends on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships