Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:25 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,877,240 times

Advertisements

Guess what? Separate "dates" from "other women" all you want in your head, but every aunt, mother, professional, and Wal-mart greeter was once somebody's date.

...and then what ? sometimes I look at very old wrinkled fat ladies walking with difficulty and wonder "maybe 30 or 40 years ago she was somebody's date"...what does it change to my predicament?
And no, I don't hate women, I just don't want to take BS from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 01:00 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,686,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
POP CULTURE has defined these terms not me or this fool who started the thread.
So what? Letting stupid kitsch dictate your life is a choice. It's all too easy to blame pop culture -- which is the reason why, in fact, most people are fools.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:15 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Where is your empathy and compassion? Maybe the OP had some very rough experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Being bitter and loathing women isn't attractive. If you read this forum, you'll see posts from lots of women who don't behave anything like your manifesto says. I'm afraid that nobody I know would date someone with an attitude like that.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:22 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,005,075 times
Some of you people need a hug

Old 03-19-2009, 02:33 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
I already did in earlier posts, but I will be more clear.

I share your frustration. I have experienced the same BS as a woman as you have as a man. And yet, I know that if I assign only the worst characteristics I have ever seen in men, to ALL men, that is when I will have ensured dying alone.

I have two brothers. I have a father, grandfathers, uncles. I have best friends who are men, and best female friends who have married good men.

Think about the women you KNOW, not just the women you DATE. Think about how your mother, or other women in your life, would feel reading your posts. What would they say?

When you approach a woman expecting the worst, you will only see the worst, and you will only attract the worst.

You can't change anyone but yourself.
To be honest outside im a much more positive person and dont take my self esteem issues or bitterness towards nto getting women into the public,most women think im quiet but pretty sweet so that isnt my problem

Last edited by JBT1980; 03-19-2009 at 02:48 PM..

Old 03-19-2009, 02:43 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Where is your empathy and compassion? Maybe the OP had some very rough experiences.
Don't cry, little Artsy. I'm empathetic and compassionate up the yin-yang. Yes, it's clear that the OP has had some rough experiences, no "maybe" about it. He was set up on blind dates with pregnant women and pining welfare moms. I agree with whomever said that maybe he needs new friends. My point stands that being an angry misogynist is not going to win the hearts of fair maidens.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:03 PM

550 posts, read 1,215,249 times
From what I've seen you either have an "alpha male factor" or you don't. If you do you get alot if you don't you might get lucky every once in a while...
From what I've understood it's pretty much a few combinations of different skillsets that some of us have, that some of us learn while growing up.
I supose I didn't.

The funny thing is the cliche advice I got from my mom and dad when it came to women;
father: "stay the hell away from women."
mother: "just ignore the girl you like and she might notice you" "don't be in a hurry, love comes when it comes"

Those 3 sentences are the only advice I've ever had on women. I guess my parents didn't want grandchildren.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:50 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
From what I've seen you either have an "alpha male factor" or you don't. If you do you get alot if you don't you might get lucky every once in a while...
From what I've understood it's pretty much a few combinations of different skillsets that some of us have, that some of us learn while growing up.
I supose I didn't.

The funny thing is the cliche advice I got from my mom and dad when it came to women;
father: "stay the hell away from women."
mother: "just ignore the girl you like and she might notice you" "don't be in a hurry, love comes when it comes"

Those 3 sentences are the only advice I've ever had on women. I guess my parents didn't want grandchildren.

I know about 10 guys who rarely/never date or "hookup".One thing I find disturbing is NONE of their parents have ever asked them or nagged them about getting married one day. The parents act like it's normal for their son's not to interact with women.. It's not normal, it's extremely deviant. In fact if their parents had that the same lax attitide their sons wouldn't even exist. Of course in their parents generation "game" wasn't needed and things fell into place for everyone,even non-dominant beta males.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:02 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I know about 10 guys who rarely/never date or "hookup".One thing I find disturbing is NONE of their parents have ever asked them or nagged them about getting married one day. The parents act like it's normal for their son's not to interact with women.. It's not normal, it's extremely deviant. In fact if their parents had that the same lax attitide their sons wouldn't even exist. Of course in their parents generation "game" wasn't needed and things fell into place for everyone,even non-dominant beta males.
You act like a guy can snap his fingers an get a women,maye hes shy and/or women dont find him attractive

Im awful at getting women but i dont think im some pariah of society for it... I wish to god i was better with women but what are u gonna do..

Old 03-19-2009, 11:23 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,022,597 times
Come on now. Too many knee jerk reactions from females. And I'm going to state this again - not my words, but I agree with them.

An old man from Pasadena once said to me: "If what I said offends you, it probably describes you". I'm just sayin.

Anyway, dating is not difficult for me. I've dated plenty of women of different races, ages, weights, heights, and walks of life. Of the 50 US states, I've dated a woman in each of 25 of them. I've dated women in Canada, women in Japan, women in Philippines...and even through all of that, I still believe the commentary is quite accurate. A female who is 5'2 and 130 lbs, with decent hair and good dress sense can go out to the mall and, with minimal effort, pull as many phone numbers from guys as she wants. There are girls who get hit on daily, hourly, from various guys just by walking in the mall or some other public place. I don't care what you females on this board say, and I don't care what a stripper's told you...a guy cannot do that if he doesn't look like some damn supermodel.

Someone else said a factual statement: guys are picky too, but we don't instantly cut off potentials just because they don't meet all of our desired attributes. Take me for example: I really only have one requirement for physical appearance, and that's a female who isn't fat. Females, on the flip side, want 8 pack abs...6 pack's not good enough anymore...military men, full time workers don't cut it...lifted truck, tattoos, tan, some piercing in unspoken places...etc. A guy could meet everything on that list but they're not military - and BAM! You're cut off and dismissed summarily.

Side note: there is no such thing as a "fair maiden". The term implies innocence, freshness, and most importantly, the first word, FAIR. None of which are the case, since I do believe statistics are showing that the number of women who are still virgins when they hit 18 is at such all-time lows as to be laughable, if it wasn't sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships