Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:34 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
NEVER show interest in a woman. NEVER show her in any way that you are interested. It may sound crazy, but it works. The less you show her interest, the more she will want you. I'm not a woman, but I have had so many tell me this. Don't comepletely ignore her, but don't act like you are interested.
That is a really STUPID bit of advice. If he follows that then all he will end up with is head cases who like to be mistreated.

Personally if a guy acts like he's not that into me, I move on. Life is short and there is the door, don't waste my time.

If you want someone you can have an honest and open relationship with, then be honest with them. I'm affraid as women we deal with guys who move to fast to create the ILLUSION of a relationship because they want something else, like sex or someone to take care of them. My first husband created the illusion of a marriage because what he really wanted was access to my Father's money. STARTING with my Father putting money down on a house for us AND putting money into my husbands business.

Just make sure your actions SAY the same things that your WORDS do.

Frankly I would LOVE to find a guy like you, I am a very tactile person, I like to cuddle, hold hands and have nice long conversations but I am SO far away from wanting to get married AND I need time to myself. I should imagine your too young for me though since you refer to your dates as girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 10:58 PM

657 posts, read 1,600,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
That is a really STUPID bit of advice. If he follows that then all he will end up with is head cases who like to be mistreated.

Personally if a guy acts like he's not that into me, I move on. Life is short and there is the door, don't waste my time.

If you want someone you can have an honest and open relationship with, then be honest with them. I'm affraid as women we deal with guys who move to fast to create the ILLUSION of a relationship because they want something else, like sex or someone to take care of them. My first husband created the illusion of a marriage because what he really wanted was access to my Father's money. STARTING with my Father putting money down on a house for us AND putting money into my husbands business.

Just make sure your actions SAY the same things that your WORDS do.

Frankly I would LOVE to find a guy like you, I am a very tactile person, I like to cuddle, hold hands and have nice long conversations but I am SO far away from wanting to get married AND I need time to myself. I should imagine your too young for me though since you refer to your dates as girls.

see? i wasn't kidding.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Coming on too strong too soon is one of the major signs of abusers, not necessarily physical. I'm not saying you are, but that may be raising more aware women's red flags.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:22 PM

that's fair as well.. i suppose that any extreme is going to raise a flag, no?

Old 03-29-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post
that's fair as well.. i suppose that any extreme is going to raise a flag, no?
Well, most of us like to call it "love at first sight" and "whirlwind romance" until we get burned. Of course, young girls (and not so young...) are more likely to be unaware of the potential pitfalls. The most important reason for it is the men want to secure the relationship before showing their true colors. They know they can't keep up the charade for too long. By this time the woman is already emotionally involved and attached and starts wondering what went wrong and where prince charming went, starts blaming herself, overcompensating, etc., not realizing the prince was only a figment of her imagination to begin with and will never return.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:40 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
part of the fun of "falling in love" is the getting-to-know-you phase. If you move too fast into the physical, cuddly, touchy-feely; you don't give a girl a
chance to let her head fall in love too. Obviously, if there is instant chemistry between you two, then sure - things will move faster. But I think you'd
really be able to tell genuine chemistry. When it hits you, there should be no guessing at "missed" signals.

How old are you? I bet you just haven't met the right ones yet.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
part of the fun of "falling in love" is the getting-to-know-you phase.
I find this part the most troublesome. Once you know other people (and I mean all people!) is when everything starts going downhill. It's so much better when you're infatuated!

WTH are you doing up?!

Old 03-29-2009, 11:51 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I find this part the most troublesome. Once you know other people (and I mean all people!) is when everything starts going downhill. It's so much better when you're infatuated!

WTH are you doing up?!
Hmmm...look at all the night owls!

Old 03-29-2009, 11:52 PM

"the freaks come out at night..."

EDIT: i just read another new post that definitely speaks truths about this one.. lol..

Old 03-29-2009, 11:54 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post
"the freaks come out at night..."

That girl is pretty kinky...
The girl's a super freak

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships