Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 11:16 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
oh god you've helped me change my mind.

Ambition and actually wanting to accomplish something in your life is SOOOO unattractive.

here, let me work two jobs and try to cultivate a career. in the meantime, you just sit at home and spend the rest of your life playing video games.

What is wrong with a woman that wants a man that actually wants to accomplish something with himself? Do men not want women that are accomplished?... it's the same sort of principle. But I bet not, because then there won't be anyone at home to clean the house right?????
Nobody is saying u should want to date a bum or a man who doesnt want to work and has no ambition in life but theres a difference between that and a women who wont date a man who works hard but makes under x amount of dollars..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Well, you heard JBT1980 -- they just want a woman who cooks and cleans. And is beautiful. And has no standards whatsoever, except that mediocrity and whiny entitlement in a man should make her ooze like a broken refrigerator (sorry mods, sorry). That's all. Is it really too much to ask of women? To be servile, attractive, accommodating and personality-less -- piece of cake. It's us chicks who are too demanding. [/end sarcasm]
Way too run with a comment

My point was if men have any checklists for a women especially shallow where looked at as dogs..WOmen can have a checklist of a thousand things a man needs to fit and are never caleld o na it as shallow or demanding..

Old 04-13-2009, 11:55 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,068 times
Quote:
Awww, she just told you this out of the blue? Assuming the story is even true (there are a few things about it that tickle my BS antennae), ten bucks says something set her off. This is not something that people say casually in conversation, just like that. Examine your own standards before knocking anyone else's. That goes for all of you guys.

As for what makes a good man -- lots of variety is permitted, so it's easier to just make a list of turn-offs. Presuming to know what we stupid women think in our little heads (a/k/a misogyny) would definitely be on it.
It wasn't right out of the blue and it wasn't exactly worded like that. I just took it like that.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:04 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Satisfied View Post
What is in a good man? Any ideas? Wanna to share with me?
What is the most important thing to you when you want to marry to a man?
Know who he is when no one is watching or what he does will never be found out.

a few places to observe:

what he does on the internet?
does he pay his bills?
how he treats watresses?
What he does when he's cut off in his car?

food for thought

Old 04-13-2009, 12:28 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,685,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
My point was if men have any checklists for a women especially shallow where looked at as dogs..WOmen can have a checklist of a thousand things a man needs to fit and are never caleld o na it as shallow or demanding..
Well, I'm a woman, and I think I know better than you what goes on in my head or in the heads of women I know. I doubt any woman has ever actually shown you a checklist, much less one with "thousand things" on it. Based on what I've observed, women like that exist only in the bitter imagination of men who refuse to date in their own league, yet never quit complaining about how shallow women are.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:30 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Satisfied View Post
What is in a good man? Any ideas? Wanna to share with me?
What is the most important thing to you when you want to marry to a man?
Well, for me, the most important thing would be that I'd be gay. Since I'm not, I have a feeling the relationship would just not work out.

Seriously though. Write down what you are looking for in a man...then figure out where you are most likely to find that type and go there.

ie) If you want to find a fitness oriented, respectful, christian guy...don't go to "All you can eat pork rinds night" at Shady's strip club.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
It wasn't right out of the blue and it wasn't exactly worded like that. I just took it like that.
Aha -- so you've quoted your ex out of context and you misrepresented her actual words. And then, you passed it off as a reflection on women in general. Nice.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:33 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,068 times
Quote:
Aha -- so you've quoted your ex out of context and you misrepresented her actual words. And then, you passed it off as a reflection on women in general. Nice.
Can I at least tell you what she said? And then you can tell me whether it was right or wrong and I wasn't talking about ALL women.

Quote:
Based on what I've observed, women like that exist only in the bitter imagination of men who refuse to date in their own league, yet never quit complaining about how shallow women are.
Yeha i mean no women are like that at all

I would say more women are like that the men because even medicore or ugly women will get hit on numerous times because theres guys who will sleep with anything so these ugly women have a inflated view of what level theyre really on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
Can I at least tell you what she said? And then you can tell me whether it was right or wrong and I wasn't talking about ALL women.
Okay, what did she say and what was the context?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships