Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 01:03 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

I've been having some strange thoughts on and off the last couple of years. I'm not really sure how to express them.

I keep feeling like I'm destined to have a job that either protects children or works with kids. I myself don't have children or plan on having children.

I don't especially have any strong feelings toward kids. I don't mean that badly. It's just I've never been overly joyed by children. I certainly don't dislike kids. Even when I was a child I preferred to be around the adults.

I keep having these almost subliminal "feelings" that I need to protect kids.

I don't know, maybe it's just all of the crap you hear in the media about kids being molested or killed.

So my question is does this type of thoughts/feelings come to you in a strange way? Almost as if you sense things without actually "thinking" about them.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 01:04 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
After hearing from two friends in a two-day period and their experiences of a strong sense of something coming, which turned out to become a reality -- it's not at all strange to me. Something will happen, you'll see.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:18 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
I know it sounds corny , but people who have the ability to work with kids can change the world, you have just have to learn to use your powers for good and not evil. You don't get any immediate rewards for it. Parents still have to do the heavy lifting, but; teachers, coaches, Karate and music instructors, counselors, Scout Leaders, ect. can put the icing on the cake. If I were rich man I would give a million dollars to people like that who made my job as parent a helluva a lot easier,

Old 04-19-2009, 01:32 PM

253 posts, read 805,770 times
Default not wierd

its not wierd. there is alot of research in dreams, and thoughts thru the day are just like dreams.
i believe thoughts/visions/dreams, tell you something. either a reason for something past, solution for something now, or warning for something coming.
just cuz you dont flock to kids doesnt mean soemthing to help kids isnt your calling. and lots of people who think they dont want kids or etc, end up loving it when they do, much to their surprise.
i agree with other posters, maybe this is just a message for you that you will do something good soon, maybe nothing life long, but maybe just a simple thing is right place right time, and will see a child who needs protecting...and you will be there to help. dont dwell on the what-ifs.....just recieve the message and when the time comes, you will be able to look back and say...."now i know why"

Old 04-19-2009, 01:34 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Why not start by mentoring a kid?

Old 04-19-2009, 08:54 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've been having some strange thoughts on and off the last couple of years. I'm not really sure how to express them.

I keep feeling like I'm destined to have a job that either protects children or works with kids. I myself don't have children or plan on having children.

I don't especially have any strong feelings toward kids. I don't mean that badly. It's just I've never been overly joyed by children. I certainly don't dislike kids. Even when I was a child I preferred to be around the adults.

I keep having these almost subliminal "feelings" that I need to protect kids.

I don't know, maybe it's just all of the crap you hear in the media about kids being molested or killed.

So my question is does this type of thoughts/feelings come to you in a strange way? Almost as if you sense things without actually "thinking" about them.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

I have had these kinds of thoughts lately that are premonitions in a way (I was part of a volunteer group for a children's charity chili cook-off held at work.) We were supposed to get together at someone's house on the weekend and chop up all the ingredients. All of a sudden one morning it popped into my head that someone was going to cancel. I did not know who, but someone was. I just had a definite feeling.

Later that afternoon at work, my cubicle neighbor came and told me,"By the way, I can't come and help you guys," and I started smiling from ear to ear. It had HAPPENED!

There was another instance a couple of weeks later where I had been thinking about someone I hadn't seen in awhile and that person actually showed up. So, yes, I believe in those kinds of things happening. Freaky.

You may laugh or scoff at me, but do you have a metaphysical bookstore where you live where pyschic people do readings? You might considering getting one of those if you're open and receptive to it.

We have one here in my town. They have people who do readings several days a week. They even have psychic fairs once a month and you can get a reading at a discounted rate. It might be something to look into, so you might see what's coming.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:59 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
People who are pastors usually became one b/c they felt "called." I don't know what this means exactly, but I think it means a gentle pull much like what you're talking about. I don't believe that pastors are the only ones who are called, so I think that you are being called to do something to protect kids and you should probably go look into volunteer opportunities to do what you're talking about. It will probably evolve from there. Only do the ones that tug at you or that sound most interesting b/c they will be the opportunities you were "made" for. I don't think this is weird at all--I just think you're more attuned to the almighty than most of us are, even if you don't think of yourself as particularly religious or spiritual. You can go out there and make a real difference.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:21 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
I don't think it's unusual to want to help kids. I've been an Explorer Scout leader, lectured at high schools during career days, hosted Rotary Exchange students, held workshops for kids, etc. As we learn, we want to pass our knowledge on to younger people. Look into a few programs -- Big Brother, Scouts, or something you're especially suited to.

I think premonitions are also valid with some people. A couple weeks ago I saw my wife typing a message to an online friend of hers. She was telling her about the close connection she had with another cyber friend (a young man). She hadn't talked to him for a few years, but she had a gut feeling he'd be contacting her soon, and that usually when she has this feeling he contacts her within a week. Three days later she got an email from him.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:39 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
After hearing from two friends in a two-day period and their experiences of a strong sense of something coming, which turned out to become a reality -- it's not at all strange to me. Something will happen, you'll see.
Would you please elaborate on what came? My friend also had a feeling that something big was coming a few months ago, but he didn't know what. I am very interested in knowing if this also happened to others.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:58 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
They were both tragedies, but please don't think that will happen to your friend. They both felt a strong sense of uneasiness, but you can have good premonitions also, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships