Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 03:32 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times

Advertisements

I think it's selfish to accept an advancement for sex it you don't really know or love the person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 03:35 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,798,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I think it's selfish to accept an advancement for sex it you don't really know or love the person.
From the stand point of bringing child into this world with someone you don't love yeah ok.

But if your fixed and don't have that worry, or you are an equal opportunity lover.... meh have fun be safe, live your life everday with no regrets.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:37 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Having SEX is a chore and that's why prostitutes charge for their services. Making love with someone you love is NOT.

Clearly you and I would be highly incompatible as a couple.
Miu, If you and I were ever a couple I would have committed suicide long ago. And you would have done the same soon after just like Juliet because you would be so deeply and madly in love with me and just couldnt imagine being without me.

I would assume that because this thread is about "sex with your SO" that we ARE talking about making love. In which case, if one viewed it as a chore that is a definite sign that relationship has gone downhill.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
the best excuse,"im only thinking of you",
from don quixote sing it.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:50 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I would assume that because this thread is about "sex with your SO" that we ARE talking about making love. In which case, if one viewed it as a chore that is a definite sign that relationship has gone downhill.
What I am trying to say is that when one of the partners stops asking to make love and just refers to it as sex, their relationship is on the downswing...

And on the other hand, many men consider cuddling with their s/o a chore. And I think that sad.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:57 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
What I am trying to say is that when one of the partners stops asking to make love and just refers to it as sex, their relationship is on the downswing...

And on the other hand, many men consider cuddling with their s/o a chore. And I think that sad.
I see and I totally agree with you.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:32 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
When your SO is showing signs that they are interested in intimacy do you think it is selfish to turn them down?

I mean, they are needing something and you are saying, "Nope. Sorry, ain't gonna happen."

Obviously there are times of the month this isn't an option but other than that would it be selfish because YOU are too tired or YOU have to work in the morning or YOU....YOU...YOU. What about THEM THEM THEM??
Depends on the reason. Once in a while because of sheer exhaustion is OK, but if it becomes a habit then it's a problem. I don't think I ever turned down my past SOs for sex unless it was the wrong time of the month. Other than that, I was always willing even if I wasn't 100% in the mood. I'd usually get in the mood once we got started.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:36 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
To be honest...I think the woman ALWAYS should show feather fluff for the man.
Sorry to interject, but what does this mean? I haven't heard this term before. I know what fluffing is, but that doesn't seem to be what you are saying.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:44 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,177,662 times
Quote:
This assumes that couples have previously talked about "making love." This is a false assumption, of course. Not all couples use such a term.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:54 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
This assumes that couples have previously talked about "making love." This is a false assumption, of course. Not all couples use such a term.
But a guy telling his s/o that he's in the mood for sex is so cold sounding. I'm basically suggesting that if guys use a more romantic and affectionate style of asking for sex, they will get better results from their lady. And that's especially important if they have been together a while. And once in a while, he could ask for sex in a playful way that implies role playing and setting up the mood as if they are having a clandestine affair or she was a hooker. But don't make it a habit of asking for sex like you were looking for your clean laundry or telling her that you're hungry for dinner so when is she cooking it. That's all I'm saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships