Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:54 PM

393 posts, read 891,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
If your first time is with another virgin, then it doesn't really matter whether you are good or not. If someone is perfectly okay with you being a virgin, then chances are they will expect you to not be the best when the time comes. If they want someone who is great in bed, then their best bet is to go for someone who ain't a virgin. It's that simple.
It kinda does matter if you're good, especially since you virginity activists are all like "when that moment finally comes it's going to be so beautiful and perfect and great!" when you're saving your energy for a letdown. They won't expect the best, for sure, but it WILL take awhile to be decent, and while any good person will still love you, an inadequate sex life takes a big toll on any relationship.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:57 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
I find it funny how many older guys { 20+ } claim their virginity is a choice. Not that there aren't some guys who willingly abstain from sex because there are. But, If I asked 100 guys that were all virgins, and they all said it was a choice, I would have to say that about 70 of them are lying, and that's probly low-balling it. Now with women? Thats a whole new ball game.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:02 PM

733 posts, read 1,756,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I find it funny how many older guys { 20+ } claim their virginity is a choice. Not that there aren't some guys who willingly abstain from sex because there are. But, If I asked 100 guys that were all virgins, and they all said it was a choice, I would have to say that about 70 of them are lying. Now with women? Thats a whole new ball game.
What is considered a choice? I mean, I haven't had a serious enough relationship to really want to engage in sexual activity. So I consider that to be a virgin by choice. I also have never had someone ask me to have sex, so does mean I'm NOT a virgin by choice?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:10 PM

393 posts, read 891,692 times
Quote:
What is considered a choice? I mean, I haven't had a serious enough relationship to really want to engage in sexual activity. So I consider that to be a virgin by choice. I also have never had someone ask me to have sex, so does mean I'm NOT a virgin by choice?
I think if you've never had to avoid or turn down sex, then you are not really a virgin by choice. The only reason I sometimes admire the people who wait for marriage is because it is REALLY hard to turn down sex. and if you haven't had to do that, then you might as well be just one of those people who CAN'T get sex.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:17 PM

733 posts, read 1,756,528 times
Lol, well then I guess I'm a virgin because I'm a loser and can't get sex. Darn the luck!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:27 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
[quote]
Quote:
What is considered a choice? I mean, I haven't had a serious enough relationship to really want to engage in sexual activity. So I consider that to be a virgin by choice. I also have never had someone ask me to have sex, so does mean I'm NOT a virgin by choice?[/quote]
YES!!!

Let me ask you this. If you went out on a date and the opprtunity presented itself, would you take it? If you say yes, then you are not a virgin by choice, you are a virgin by circumstance.

Being a virgin by choice means that you actualy have the opportunity to have sex but dont......lol

Old 09-10-2011, 11:31 PM

257 posts, read 608,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgegirl37 View Post
Being a successful, modest, 26 year old virgin myself...I would have to agree that being a virgin at 33 is an honorable choice. Especially considering all of the STD's going around these days. It used to be much easier about 50 years ago to be a virgin in the American society and not feel like you were weird. I personally will continue to be a virgin until I find the right person and we are married. Call me a prude, call me whatever you will...but my treasures are in Heaven and I know that I have a bigger calling in my life than to "test" out sex before I am married. I am blessed to have the morals that I do and the will power to say no, when men try to pressure me into having sex with them.
I admire you for living your life based on your very own morals and beliefs and I also admire you for having the will power to say no to those men who attempt to pressure you into having sex with them.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:33 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I have known many adult "virgins"...but I use that term rather loosely, as they think that "virgin" is everything but the "big thing". They have slept with men, had all kinds of making out sex, but still proudly proclaim their "virginity"...because they are saving it for marriage. I sort of don't know what to think about that...I suppose that technically, they are "virgins"...but they certianly are not "virginal" that is for sure!

Old 09-11-2011, 07:06 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,121,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
A woman i know told me recently that she is 33 and is a virgin.

She said it is because of personal choice, but I'm kind of thinking it is weird.

Is being a virgin at that age odd?
Culturally, it is. Our culture prizes promiscuity and early sexual experimentation. It has begun to celebrate teenage pregnancy, as well, for reasons I can't fathom.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:14 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Culturally, it is. Our culture prizes promiscuity and early sexual experimentation. It has begun to celebrate teenage pregnancy, as well, for reasons I can't fathom.
Money and ratings for that cesspool called Hollywood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships