Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:03 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
While is is a UNIVERSAL issue, it's still a much bigger issue for the black and Hispanic communities percentage-wise. And yes, I have seen many white guests on the Jerry Springer Show. But it's practically a non-issue for the Asian and Muslim communities. I have ONE co-worker that is Hispanic with a baby momma in Miami, and one manager who is a black single parent with a teenage boy. Other than that, all of my friends and acquaintances had their kids within the sanctity of a marriage. So within my social circle, baby mommas have always been a non-issue.
And another thing
Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Isnt that having multiple babby momma's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 11:33 AM

326 posts, read 880,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Because as a Black person I found it OFFENSIVE. It was a racist statement, period. I am SICK of this stereotype. Black people do NOT make up the majority of single parents. If the OP want to ignore the racists, she can. I won't, EVER.

Most Black people do not refer to themselves as "brown". We usually say "Black", "Chocolate", "Ebony". I'm not saying if the OP is Black or Hispanic, though if she's not Black, that would explain why she wasn't offended.

You know what's funny? Miu talks about "darkskinned'. There must be a lot of "darkskinned' people in the Chinese community, otherwise, why all the "skin whitening" (often done in combination with eye "straightening' plastic surgery!

Old 05-08-2009, 11:46 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Ummm... there are many census studies that back up the numbers I posted about what percentages of our US population by race are single parents. If you don't want to believe those numbers, I really don't care, but those are the FACTS. What I quoted also showed that Hispanics are second to blacks in terms of being single parents. Keep on being ignorant and in denial.

And just last week, you had an issue with my being very much against any couple having children out of wedlock and my referring to their progeny as "bastards". At the people that feel the same way as I do won't be creating "bastards" and becoming "baby mommas" and "baby momma" dramas. And if more people started thinking the way I do, perhaps eventually the number of children born out of wedlock would decrease. So... as has long certain cultures persist in considering out of wedlock children an acceptable situation, those cultures will always be the ones with the most "baby mommas".

In traditional Asian cultures, having children out of wedlock is considered very shameful, which is why the Asian community has almost no baby mommas and the dramas that go with it.

Now if a woman makes good money and wants to raise a child on her own and without a man involved, that's a totally different situation from what's being discussed here.
No baby mommas in the Chinese culture? Really? Oh my, I would be darned to know any different! So I suppose those Chinese single mothers living in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, New York, etc. are just "mirages"?!?!?!? Oh my oh my! Please Dr. MIU, please educate me some more on what else Asians do BETTER than the rest of the population! I beg of you!

(sarcasm)

You have a fantastic way of fooling everyone, good job!

Oh, and by the way, CENSUS are often SKEWED, lady! Anyone w/ half a brain can manipulate statistics to HOWEVER they want the stats to "look like". SO good for you for being able to find a "census" that agrees with your interest!

Old 05-08-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Stats are just that... stats. Just because YOU SAY what you said bolded above (I'm not going to repeat it, I know better), it doesn't give you the right to fit every black person into the single-parent category.

Geez louis, stop making fun of yourself!
Miu & her fantasies! LOL!

Old 05-08-2009, 11:47 AM

Miu, when you talk about your social cycle...are they all in their 50s & now barren as well?

Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,973 times
No baby mommas in the Chinese culture? Really? Oh my, I would be darned to know any different! So I suppose those Chinese single mothers living in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, New York, etc. are just "mirages"?!?!?!? Oh my oh my! Please Dr. MIU, please educate me some more on what else Asians do BETTER than the rest of the population! I beg of you!

(sarcasm)

You have a fantastic way of fooling everyone, good job!

Oh, and by the way, CENSUS are often SKEWED, lady! Anyone w/ half a brain can manipulate statistics to HOWEVER they want the stats to "look like". SO good for you for being able to find a "census" that agrees with your interest!

Old 05-09-2009, 11:10 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,422,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Because as a Black person I found it OFFENSIVE. It was a racist statement, period. I am SICK of this stereotype. Black people do NOT make up the majority of single parents.
Well, if the statistics are checked, there are more black children than white in single parent homes.

My personal experience is limited, but my two black male friends have multiple chidren by different women.

All that said, there would have been a more diplomatic way to express that point or raise that question than the one that was used.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:40 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,116,949 times
You have TWO black male friends and BOTH have children by several different women? I didn't realize you had such concrete evidence that Black men create more single parent households than other races.

I stand corrected.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:49 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
facinating post what a great coined phrase baby mamma drama, i love to listen to the other side.
i scrubbed toilets at night for 3 1/2 years (plus a high stress day job) to pay my divorce that she of course filed not having kids was the only thing that saved me. paid off that 100K+ debt in 3 1/2 years flat. whether with or without baby mama drama , divorce involves lots of drama and trauma. nothing like a fresh young thing out of the box, a 20 year old male model with money. i wish you luck in your search.

as to my own search, i go to dances alot. dance with people i know well, nice older women, harmless known them for years, but i have a vision problem. at these dances, everyone else sees pretty young girls sitting at tables waiting to be asked to dance. but i see vampires, no reflection in the mirror at all.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:59 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
oh let me contribute this:
a few days ago I was in line at a store, ahead of me was a kid who couldn't have been more than 22 at the oldest... he was talking to the cashier, & the term he used was his "baby mama gramma"...
the kid was telling the cashier about how he was finished with his "baby's mama" and was in the process of "moving on" to her mother...
when are these dopey girls going to realize that all they are to the "sperm donors" is a piece of meat to move on from when they & their babies are no longer convenient?

at first I burst out laughing, but after I left the store I felt more along the line that I'd have shot myself through the heart if my son had ended up like that, or if my daughter had "chosen" that kind of lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships