Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women/gay: Who would you rather marry?
A rich & ugly guy (owns $$ mansion, luxury cars etc.) 16 31.37%
A middle class & very good looking guy (Works to live) 31 60.78%
Not sure 4 7.84%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2009, 11:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times

Advertisements

60, I don't understand why you accept that "Guys go after pretty women because they are pretty" but not that women prefer taller men. It's the same instinct at work.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 11:15 AM

5,321 posts, read 6,098,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
60, I don't understand why you accept that "Guys go after pretty women because they are pretty" but not that women prefer taller men. It's the same instinct at work.
Yes if u assume a guy who isnt tall cant be attractive under any cirucmstances even if he has a good looking face

Old 05-17-2009, 12:04 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yes if u assume a guy who isnt tall cant be attractive under any cirucmstances even if he has a good looking face
But we are just talking about men's tallness, not faces. Several men here have said they couldn't be attracted to overweight women, no matter what their faces looked like. Do you think that is equally shallow? What about the subsequent jokes in one of those threads that an obese woman or one with an ugly face is beddable, as long as the guy turns out the lights or puts a bag over her head? Does that make a kind of sense to you, or do you believe that men who think that way are needlessly shallow?

I still believe it's the same instinct at work.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:09 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Its true what you say??

What you are saying is im inferior for not being a tall guy and im telling you i know i certainly am not and quite frankly the fact you beleive that shows how little character you have as a human being..

Be attracted to who you are attracted to thats fine but dont come out saying its for my kids so they can be tall and tall people are better and blah blahhblah you sound so ignorant..

Just say YOU prefer exclusively tall men and end it at that..
LOL, no, we say we "look up to" people for a reason. We say he "stands above others" for a reason. Height is a desirable trait. Just like good looks.

Why is ok for men to be attracted to pretty women but not women to be attracted to tall men? Same principle at work.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 05-17-2009 at 12:19 PM..

Old 05-17-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
That's because tall people command respect and instinct says to pass tall genes to my kids over short ones. It has to do with giving your children the best start in life. It's an initial attraction thing based on genetics. Just like men going after pretty women. Not being tall or not being pretty doesn't mean you'll never find a mate. It means you need something else going for you to overcome the lack of initial attraction.

It's not the money that makes them attractive. It's the characteristics that make them successful that makes them attractive. Intelligence, work ethic, creativity, self confidence, etc, etc, etc.... The money is just proof of what they have. So, women will see it even if they hide the money.
So if god forbid you had a pariah known as a short male child what would you do throw him out a window??

Old 05-17-2009, 12:11 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,068,217 times
Quote:
Julia, it has to do with something that can be controlled. A person can control being fat but his or her height is something that can't be controlled. I come from a tall family and I am one of the shortest male in the family, standing at 5'7. I see that height is something genetically something nobody can control but genes. Just because I am not over six feet doesn't mean that I can't pass that gene over to my child or his children. I can and I might even have some tall children. So I never write somebody off for something genetically. And I don't even write someone off for being fat. I write people off for their characteristics. That's something we can all control. Ivorytickolor is a joke and that's why she can't be taken serious and neither can anyone who agree with her about the height thing.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:12 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Nice and Normal works better for me. I could not care less about rich. Ugly and nice is always going to be a lot nicer than ugly and rich too. To me anyway

Old 05-17-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
But we are just talking about men's tallness, not faces. Several men here have said they couldn't be attracted to overweight women, no matter what their faces looked like. Do you think that is equally shallow? What about the subsequent jokes in one of those threads that an obese woman or one with an ugly face is beddable, as long as the guy turns out the lights or puts a bag over her head? Does that make a kind of sense to you, or do you believe that men who think that way are needlessly shallow?

WHy must you say short is the equivalent to a fat or ugly women

WHy not compare height to breast size? Because then i would make some of u women look as shallow as men or hypocrites maybe if you lack cup size??

Im not tlaking Joe pesic height here im tlaking guys who are around average height or just undre it at 5'8 like me

Old 05-17-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
LOL, no, we say we "loo up to" people for a reason. We say he "stands above others" for a reason. Height is a desirable trait. Just like good looks.

Why is ok for men to be attracted to pretty women but not women to be attracted to tall men? Same principle at work.

Why should a avergae size or slightly smaller guy with a good lookign face be compared to a ugly women?

Lets compare height to breast size but as i said msot women wouldnt like that for obvious reasons

And once again you not only saying you arent attracted to us youre saying we are inferior and if you believe that then you are a mongoloid

Old 05-17-2009, 12:18 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:

Actually, weight isn't the same instinct. Being overweight isn't a sign you may have defective genes like having asymmetrical features or being short may be. Weight just means you're well fed. While it causes a host of issues, it's not caused by negavite traits you wouldn't want to pass on to your kids. So, that's just prejudice.

The same principle would be not being attracted to older people. The older we are, the more damaged our genes. Like it or not, attraction is programmed for procreation. What's attractive to us are people who are fertile and advertise good genes. That's not to say others can't have good genes. Just some advertise better.

I'm not pretty but I'm taller than average and intelligent so I have something to offer. Still results in many men passing on first sight though. Which means I get seconds that aren't picked up by other women who are prettier. That's the way it goes.

There's a game they play to demonstrate this. You take 10 men and 10 women and put them in a room. Each wears a number 1-10 and are told to pair up to make the highest total possible. While everyone will try to get the 10's, they will end up paired with the person who has the same number as them. The 10's don't have to settle for less than a 10 and the 1's couldn't get a 10 if they tried. We do the same thing. We try to make things better for our kids.

Fortunately, our children tend to be more average than we are so if we're below average they will most likely be closer to average. Unfortunately, if we're above average, they'll still tend to be closer to average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships