Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 03:51 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,425,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bif24701 View Post
Should I try a seperation or just get it over with?
You should ask a family member or better yet a lawyer. This is a major decision in your life, and please don't count on a stranger on this forum to give you the appropriate information. Yes, we all have experiences, but in this case, it's probably best to seek professional assistance.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:51 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,204,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
One evening while setting in church the pastor was talking about people and relationships in general and in his conversation he said; Usually in a relationship the party or honeymoon only last for a year maybe two if your lucky! - after that people need to learn to love each other as friends and as individuals....Wow what a powerful statement!
Made me set back and gain a whole new appreciation for my wife and our relationship.

So, with that you ask is she done with me? I suppose I'd need to ask you what else do you have in common or do with each other outside of sex? Do you get her out of the house or apt.?
What quality time do you spend together enjoying something outside of sex?
If the answer is none then you may be developing a problem that will be hard but not impossible to work out.
Your pastor is a wise man...and you are also very wise It is so sad to see that some people think that once you are out of the 'honeymoon phase' the marriage is over. I agree...there are many different facets to a marriage...let's enjoy them ALL.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:55 PM

54 posts, read 225,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette-dude View Post
You should ask a family member or better yet a lawyer. This is a major decision in your life, and please don't count on a stranger on this forum to give you the appropriate information. Yes, we all have experiences, but in this case, it's probably best to seek professional assistance.
Thank you, don't worry I can see the difference in people that try to help others and people that help themselves.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:57 PM
'M'

It is difficult to see so many men giving out marital advice without knowing all the details. We aren't able to see all of the dynamics in this marriage. Is this a legitimate post, or are you just having some 'off beat' "fun"?

Old 05-21-2009, 04:01 PM

54 posts, read 225,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
It is difficult to see so many men giving out marital advice without knowing all the details. We aren't able to see all of the dynamics in this marriage. Is this a legitimate post, or are you just having some 'off beat' "fun"?
review my post from 2008

3 times in last 2 months since return from iraq

Old 05-21-2009, 04:03 PM
'M'

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You clearly did not read how the OP stated his wife does not love him, hates him, and wants nothing to do with him sexually. She has rejected him and hates him.

I think that we don't know the entire story. There is probably much more going on than what we are being told. I think this poster should not be listening to people who cannot manage their own lives much less someone else's. He needs to go to a counselor/therapist (male rather than female) and find his own answers.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:34 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
I think that we don't know the entire story. There is probably much more going on than what we are being told. I think this poster should not be listening to people who cannot manage their own lives much less someone else's. He needs to go to a counselor/therapist (male rather than female) and find his own answers.
You don't know the entire story on anyone here to comment on whether or not they can manage their lives, can you?

And all we can go on is what he is posting. If you want proof, go investigate. Otherwise offer advice based on what he posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships