Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 03:05 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,619,517 times

Advertisements

"Creepy" is something women use to blow off or secure themselves from men who are generally unattractive w/o trying to come off as shallow. For all today's women's obsession with saftey, sexual assaults still aren't going down. Maybe it's becuase women target the wrong men.

I've had 90 year old grandmothers sit down next to me on the train and chat me up while some hot young 20 something gets jittery just looking at me. Yeah, it's about "saftey" alright. Women get uncomfortable around ugly/different men and assume "DANGER" and there is where "creepy" comes from.

Also, not to start a huge controversy, but it's mostly a white woman thing.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:28 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,058,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post

So what gives ladies? Do you automatically assume that every guy who isn't much of a looker or a talker is going to stalk, rape and murder you?
No, but sometimes their actions are suspect and makes you wonder! I've been stalked before, and it was SCARY, so I may be a bit paranoid.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,731 times
If a guy stares at you but doesn't say anything- even though you ignore him or give him dirty looks, shake your head in dismay or flip him off HE'S A CREEP.

If a guy doesn't seem to have anything to do in a place (library, coffee shop, work) other than stare at you or follow you around HE'S A CREEP.

If a guy continues to bother you after you have politely and impolitely told him you're not interested HE'S A CREEP.

Harassment is not about looks or wealth or if someone tells a good joke. Like rape and stalking (which it leads to) it's about power. If you like a woman, why would you show that by scaring her?

Old 07-09-2009, 02:00 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,074,831 times
Ladies; Why do you call men "desperate" and "creepy"?

Because they are!!!!!

J/K

Old 07-09-2009, 07:59 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,864,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
"Creepy" is something women use to blow off or secure themselves from men who are generally unattractive w/o trying to come off as shallow. For all today's women's obsession with saftey, sexual assaults still aren't going down. Maybe it's becuase women target the wrong men.

I've had 90 year old grandmothers sit down next to me on the train and chat me up while some hot young 20 something gets jittery just looking at me. Yeah, it's about "saftey" alright. Women get uncomfortable around ugly/different men and assume "DANGER" and there is where "creepy" comes from.

Even being seen with an unattractive male would make most women feel that their friends consider them desperate. This is a creepy feeling to them. The grandmothers are from an era before TV changed everyone's opinions about such things.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:06 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,467,428 times
I don't like it when men are sneaky.

Sneaky is creepy. If you want something from me, simply tell me what it is and be upfront.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:06 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,864,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere

So what gives ladies? Do you automatically assume that every guy who isn't much of a looker or a talker is going to stalk, rape and murder you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
No, but sometimes their actions are suspect and makes you wonder! I've been stalked before, and it was SCARY, so I may be a bit paranoid.
Hardly. What is assumed is that men who are not desirable are so desperate for sex that most are potential stalkers and rapists. The truth is, they are on their best behavior in the hope that she will eventually see their often ample better side.

Unfortunately, women have all seen those cartoons with the caveman with a club dragging a women off to his cave by her hair. Reality to some, I suppose.

What is reality is that its the good looking guys who are addicted to sex. They easily get it from 80% of those they approach but are not satisfied with less than 100%. THEY can get pushy and then quite nasty.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:11 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,045,381 times
You should hear the way my friends and I talk about chicks when they're not around.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:34 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,219,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post

No, it's not "mostly a white woman thing".

And you sound like you could be considered classically creepy... if you are checking out hot looking women and making them jittery with your direct looks. My observation here about you is that if you are considering those 20 year oldes "hot", then you are looking at them like sex objects.... and those young women don't want you to look at them like that. And they don't want to send you signals that you like them looking at them as a sex object, because that would encourage you to start chatting them up to get their digits. Your looks are sending out invitations, and they want none of that.

On the other hand, you are not looking at 90 year old grandmother types as hot sex objects. When you talk to these old women, you aren't trying to date them. Therefore you are sending out completely different vibes to these two different groups of women.

If you don't want these 20 year old hot women to get jittery around you, on the outside, look and treat them as if they were 90 year old grandmothers. Dur!

Old 07-09-2009, 09:39 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,192,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No, it's not "mostly a white woman thing".

And you sound like you could be considered classically creepy... if you are checking out hot looking women and making them jittery with your direct looks. My observation here about you is that if you are considering those 20 year oldes "hot", then you are looking at them like sex objects.... and those young women don't want you to look at them like that. And they don't want to send you signals that you like them looking at them as a sex object, because that would encourage you to start chatting them up to get their digits. Your looks are sending out invitations, and they want none of that.

On the other hand, you are not looking at 90 year old grandmother types as hot sex objects. When you talk to these old women, you aren't trying to date them. Therefore you are sending out completely different vibes to these two different groups of women.

If you don't want these 20 year old hot women to get jittery around you, on the outside, look and treat them as if they were 90 year old grandmothers. Dur!

While you obviously have a point treating people as individuals..

However, you may be the poster-child for NOT watching anymore spoon-fed media. As the characters portrayed are standing in some corner, lustily looking and staring for minutes on end. When I've seen that kind of reaction in less than a second to others. It usually comes from their own, or in many other cases them believing how the friends with her see him. It's used more as a means to judge on outward appearances with no guilt, same as the 1-10 scale groups of guys go by, just generally speaking we [as a sex] (men) don't need to rationalize being a-holes.

The topic has been beaten a bit, but the reasoning you give is from a CSI episode, not usual real life from what I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships