Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2009, 02:12 PM

1,373 posts, read 3,128,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Well, it depends who the man is abusive to :
- if it is a defenseless child, I think I would do everything I can to hinder him, including reporting him to authorities-
- but if it's a private story with another consenting adult- be it man or woman- sorry, I'm not Detective Harry or some White Knight in Armour - they ought to solve their problems themselves...now if the gal is pretty and comes weeping into my lap...that's another story...
Wow that's really noble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 02:13 PM

[quote=Matt2225;9051297]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws917 View Post
I just found out that my niece (age 20) is being abused by her boyfriend.

In my opinion, get her to get away from that guy, what ever it takes. A push is a start of future problems.
Definitely.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlchick View Post
I would say focus less on demonizing the boyfriend and more on her. She can't see him that way (although anyone outside of the situation can obviously see he's a jerk and a total loser).

She needs help to see why she picked this particular guy.

There's a lot of theory behind all this, but people who get abused as kids tend to "smell out" and be attracted to abusers as adults. It's very sad actually - but the cycle of this stuff can be broken. (I like the "bad antennae" analogy - it's literally like these women can't pick up the "signals" that other women would be able to.)

If she doesn't work on herself, she may leave...and then select another abuser.

I wish her good luck
I agree... it is far more important to help her than to hate the guy who did it, even though he is a jerk.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
Any man that abuses a women should be dealt with accordingly. Gee, the word "vanish" comes to mind. Despicable.
Whooaaa ... you're suggesting the DEATH PENALTY?

Old 06-24-2009, 03:27 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,419 times
The only way to stop a man from being abusinve is to put the same amount of fear that he installs in his victims...I would never kill a guy for abusing a female unless it was extreme. But, if anyone so much as hits a child...RUN!!!

I worked at wally world for 3 years...I saw many cases where a man would hit is child because they wanted a toy and would not stop crying about it...Many times I was written up because that man compained that I threatened to do the same to him.

I once saw a man pull into the parking lot...get out of the car open the back door and actually punched his kid...when the mom said to stop he punched her...obviously...I ran over, grabbed the guy...slammed his head into the car and proceeded to beat the living crap out of him. I gave him several chances to stike me back...but all he did was cower and whine...Once I looked in the car I saw that the kids had black eyes and the mom did as well...this guy needed to learn a lesson.

After beating him to hell...I called the cops while sitting on his chest...when he tried to get up...I nailed him again...finally when the cops showed up...the officer said thank you...they had had several complaints against this guy and could do nothing about it. I have no idea what happened to the mom or kids after that. However, I do know that after that...a few women where I worked asked me to help them.

To this day...I go out on patrol at night in the local downtown area to look for this crap. The way I see it is that if I get shot, go to jail or get beat up. I will have done my part. Nothing gives me more pleaseure than putting a MAN in his place. I have a few friends that go with me each night. Every night we meet more guys that want to help us. It started at one and now we have 10 guys that go on the hunt every night. The times when we encounter the police...we always walk away. I have only been arrested once for assaulting another man...I was by myslef...and this butt hole decided that he was going to strike one of my female friends at a bar. BIG MISTAKE...i THREW HIS ASS ONTO THE PATIO AND PROCEEDED TO KICK HIS ASS. I was dumb enough to stay and fight all his friends...who defended this prick...they threw us both in the same cell and released us at the same time...both of us where pretty messed up...I told him that I wanted to talk to him...so we walked to the nearest resturaunt still open and talked for about 4 hours...I taught him that there is no reason to hit a woman or anyone weaker than himself. He claimed that it was the beer...I wanted to punch him across the table...but instead...I asked him how it felt to get his rear kicked and not have any control over it...he didnt like it. I told him that if I ever saw him doing something like than again...he would be floating in the nearby river.

This is to all men that feel they need to hit a woman, child or a weaker person...you want to hit someone? Hit me...I will even let you throw the first punch...just know that when I start hitting back I dont pull my punches...I carry through and dont let up till my point has gotten across.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:14 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
If she is a drug user and can prove that she does it in front of her kids...then he has a case...he just needs a better lawyer.

Thats what happened. After a year of litigation and BS he was able to get his daughter back. He had to bring in his parents and sibiling to testify and explain how her homelife would be much better off with him than his trailer trash wife who had no job.

What ever happened to common sense?

Old 06-24-2009, 04:15 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,601 times
It is NEVER ok for a man to hit a woman (even if she hits him). Once a relationship gets physical it must end immediately. If its my Daughter getting physically abused then its my responsibility to take COMPLETE care of the situation and thus prevent it from ever happening again.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:17 PM

438 posts, read 1,352,620 times
Fractured man:
I agree that no man has a right to beat on a woman or a child and I would not hesitate to protect either if it came to my notice.
However, violence begets violence.
WTF gives you the right to be the vigilante with a gang of peacemakers/bunch of cronies to be the authority?
I sincerely believe you need some counseling to control your aggression. If you have so much of it why don't you enlist so you can go and do some real fighting, instead of bullying around and sticking your nose into places that you neither have the right, mental control, or dignity to stop the wife/child beater without using excess violence. Measured violence may only be required to subdue or stop the perp. from causing more harm. You just love the smell of blood and your bullyass attitude sucks.
I hope that some wife doesn't pull a gun and give your 5/6 or 14 reasons not to touch/interfere /or get aggressive with anyone in her family. It may be just a passer by with an itchy finger who just happens to see you using excessive force. It would be a pretty good wake up call for a jerk like you.
People like you should get a life and not get involved unless absolutely necessary. Not go looking to be the "saviour"
Thats why we have policeman, Neighbourhood watches, and concerned citizens who can call the right authorities.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:25 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCC View Post
Fractured man:
I agree that no man has a right to beat on a woman or a child and I would not hesitate to protect either if it came to my notice.
However, violence begets violence.
WTF gives you the right to be the vigilante with a gang of peacemakers/bunch of cronies to be the authority?
I sincerely believe you need some counseling to control your aggression. If you have so much of it why don't you enlist so you can go and do some real fighting, instead of bullying around and sticking your nose into places that you neither have the right, mental control, or dignity to stop the wife/child beater without using excess violence. Measured violence may only be required to subdue or stop the perp. from causing more harm. You just love the smell of blood and your bullyass attitude sucks.
I hope that some wife doesn't pull a gun and give your 5/6 or 14 reasons not to touch/interfere /or get aggressive with anyone in her family. It may be just a passer by with an itchy finger who just happens to see you using excessive force. It would be a pretty good wake up call for a jerk like you.
People like you should get a life and not get involved unless absolutely necessary. Not go looking to be the "saviour"
Thats why we have policeman, Neighbourhood watches, and concerned citizens who can call the right authorities.
IMO if the victim is your family member (mother, sister, daughter) then as a man YOU have a RESPONSIBILITY to handle the situation YOURSELF!! (use common sense of course and plan for success). Anyone else (friend, neighbor, ex-wife etc) and it would be strongly advised to call the authorities.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
The only way to stop a man from being abusinve is to put the same amount of fear that he installs in his victims...I would never kill a guy for abusing a female unless it was extreme. But, if anyone so much as hits a child...RUN!!!

I worked at wally world for 3 years...I saw many cases where a man would hit is child because they wanted a toy and would not stop crying about it...Many times I was written up because that man compained that I threatened to do the same to him.

I once saw a man pull into the parking lot...get out of the car open the back door and actually punched his kid...when the mom said to stop he punched her...obviously...I ran over, grabbed the guy...slammed his head into the car and proceeded to beat the living crap out of him. I gave him several chances to stike me back...but all he did was cower and whine...Once I looked in the car I saw that the kids had black eyes and the mom did as well...this guy needed to learn a lesson.

After beating him to hell...I called the cops while sitting on his chest...when he tried to get up...I nailed him again...finally when the cops showed up...the officer said thank you...they had had several complaints against this guy and could do nothing about it. I have no idea what happened to the mom or kids after that. However, I do know that after that...a few women where I worked asked me to help them.

To this day...I go out on patrol at night in the local downtown area to look for this crap. The way I see it is that if I get shot, go to jail or get beat up. I will have done my part. Nothing gives me more pleaseure than putting a MAN in his place. I have a few friends that go with me each night. Every night we meet more guys that want to help us. It started at one and now we have 10 guys that go on the hunt every night. The times when we encounter the police...we always walk away. I have only been arrested once for assaulting another man...I was by myslef...and this butt hole decided that he was going to strike one of my female friends at a bar. BIG MISTAKE...i THREW HIS ASS ONTO THE PATIO AND PROCEEDED TO KICK HIS ASS. I was dumb enough to stay and fight all his friends...who defended this prick...they threw us both in the same cell and released us at the same time...both of us where pretty messed up...I told him that I wanted to talk to him...so we walked to the nearest resturaunt still open and talked for about 4 hours...I taught him that there is no reason to hit a woman or anyone weaker than himself. He claimed that it was the beer...I wanted to punch him across the table...but instead...I asked him how it felt to get his rear kicked and not have any control over it...he didnt like it. I told him that if I ever saw him doing something like than again...he would be floating in the nearby river.

This is to all men that feel they need to hit a woman, child or a weaker person...you want to hit someone? Hit me...I will even let you throw the first punch...just know that when I start hitting back I dont pull my punches...I carry through and dont let up till my point has gotten across.
Try that **** in the wrong town and instead of cuffs you'll be hauled out in a body bag. Not smart without knowing the whole story bud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships