Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 08:21 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times

Advertisements

I think that it's important never to take a good s/o or spouse for granted. And I don't think that any spouse should consider that they "own" their partner.

As to some cheating men being dogs that are getting sex at home, but still want to stray for the sake of the conquest and getting some strange... well that is the type of man that no woman should ever consider marrying and having kids with. I feel that a guy like that, a manslut, was always a manslut and player right from the beginning. And it is foolish for any woman to think that she could domesticate him. So again, with a cheating husband like that, it's partly the wife's fault for picking a "bad boy" to marry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 08:28 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
And we all know sex isn't really "rate-able."
It's very subjective and the ones who talk the loudest are like the one yelling about how honest and honest and honest he is............
Eh? not totally following you on this one, you mean the more outgoing one in say a bar setting (for the last reference)? Yes, oftentimes the more boisterous the less actually desirable in reality. But the sad fact is, that facade doesn't have to last long if that's all you might be after.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:56 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,298,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
How old are you Glitterific?

Hey, I wouldn't tolerate cheating from any boyfriend or husband!! However, most of my relationships have only lasted 5 years, and I've been with my current boyfriend for 6 years. And I think that cheating in general is not acceptable. However, I can't really say how I would feel about being in a marriage or relationship that is 15 or 20 years old. Perhaps, while I would feel affection and friendship towards my man, I just wouldn't care if he got his sexual satisfaction elsewhere. After all, I might not find my husband or boyfriend physically attractive after 10 or 15 plus years. Maybe after menopause, I'm just not interested in sex anymore, but still enjoy living together with him.

But in the beginning years of a romantic relationship, I would expect that we both would and should feel passionately in love with each other still. So of course, I would be against either of us cheating on each other.
I'm 28. My marriage fell apart because I chose to fall in love with a guy who couldn't keep it in his pants. I gave my philandering ex too many chances until it got to be too much to take, blame it on low self-esteem I guess. I will admit I turned a blind eye once or twice because I thought deep down maybe we were too young to get married.
Mind you, I did not pressure him or even ask. He was the one who wanted to settle down. I wasn't so angry about the one-night stands, it was the emotional affairs that got to me. We were only married 6 years. I can't even imagine what would have happened 10,12,15 years down the road. I'm happy I won't find out.

I guess there are people out there who can be totally faithful. In marriage people take each other for granted unintentionally, then you have some people who won't or can't tame their wandering eye. Or you have the snakes on the outside slithering around for their next prey. The temptation seems to be endless.

From what I have seen from my friends who are all still married- they refuse to get divorced because they don't want to lose their material things and have to start over. Is that the answer? Buy a bunch of stuff, get into debt just to keep your spouse around?

I have a funny feeling the faithful ones are a minority. I hope I am wrong.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:17 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,444,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I'm 28. My marriage fell apart because I chose to fall in love with a guy who couldn't keep it in his pants. I gave my philandering ex too many chances until it got to be too much to take, blame it on low self-esteem I guess.
It sounds like you married a "manslut" as miu described above. You can't tame a manslut and shame on you for trying.

I had a 76-year-old man come on to me a few weeks ago. I was way to young for him, but sex to a manslut is like a cold bottle of vodka to an alcoholic. They can't help themselves. They just need their fix.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:36 PM
miu

Glitterific - I was once casual friends with a guy that liked to look at women. He was 28 and would leer at the pretty college girls in his town. He made sure that they didn't catch his looks, but he was obvious about it to the friends he was with, including his female friends (me). And he felt that it was just part of being a man and his right to look at them. But it looked creepy because he wasn't that attractive looking and later on, he will be that classic "dirty old man" type. And he was exactly the kind of guy that would make a terrible boyfriend or husband for any woman, and not the guy of guy that should raise a son.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Glitterific - I was once casual friends with a guy that liked to look at women. He was 28 and would leer at the pretty college girls in his town. He made sure that they didn't catch his looks, but he was obvious about it to the friends he was with, including his female friends (me). And he felt that it was just part of being a man and his right to look at them. But it looked creepy because he wasn't that attractive looking and later on, he will be that classic "dirty old man" type. And he was exactly the kind of guy that would make a terrible boyfriend or husband for any woman, and not the guy of guy that should raise a son.
It's like the twilight zone.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:18 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
It's like the twilight zone.
Not really... figuring that all men are attracted to women who are 9's and 10's in looks, but most men aren't Brad Pitt's in handsomeness. So the situation of this guy not being attractive, yet leering at pretty girls is actually quite common and not a Twilight Zone situation.

And one night, my boyfriend and I were having dinner with me, he was making googly eyes at a girl's ass while wearing a milk mustache. Pathetic and very sad. My boyfriend was even disgusted with his behaviour.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Not really... figuring that all men are attracted to women who are 9's and 10's in looks, but most men aren't Brad Pitt's in handsomeness. So the situation of this guy not being attractive, yet leering at pretty girls is actually quite common and not a Twilight Zone situation.

And one night, my boyfriend and I were having dinner with me, he was making googly eyes at a girl's ass while wearing a milk mustache. Pathetic and very sad. My boyfriend was even disgusted with his behaviour.
This statement implies that you would be ok with "leering" if his looks met your quota.

Twilight zone.

If he's glancing to simply notice without being a "creep", then why not actually introduce this "friend" to some single women so he's not trying to hump the leg of any passing woman in his mind?

Old 06-09-2009, 02:11 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,298,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
It sounds like you married a "manslut" as miu described above. You can't tame a manslut and shame on you for trying.

I had a 76-year-old man come on to me a few weeks ago. I was way to young for him, but sex to a manslut is like a cold bottle of vodka to an alcoholic. They can't help themselves. They just need their fix.
There is no shame in taking your spouse's word and trying to make a marriage work. I was not trying to tame him. I believed he was going to adhere to our marriage vows, after all we said them together, to each other.

Plus the best way to learn lessons in life is to make mistakes. It is unfortunate that the biggest ones hurt the most. The trick is to not make them a second time. I'm determined not to.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:35 AM

219 posts, read 736,299 times
“Karma" what comes around goes around one day
the women sleeping with a married Man will get her
just rewards and the same goes for men that sleep
with married women.
Karma will bit you all in the butt!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships