Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 07:48 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,443,953 times

Advertisements

NO kids!!! I dont like DINKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 07:53 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,174,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Isn’t having a kid you genuinely don’t want more selfish??
You may not understand this (and it's probably not you're fault if you don't), but marriage has, as one of its purposes, the creation of offspring. This serves both the child (by bringing him or her into existence), the family (by continuing on their line), society (by providing for its continuation). To willingly prevent the birth of any children so you can eat costlier food, have more sex, or go on more trips is eminently selfish.

That's not to say that there is an obligation to have children binding on all individuals. If you don't want to have kids, then be celibate.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,221,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinking View Post
NO kids!!! I dont like DINKS!!!
I’m confused…?

No kids = good?

But you don't like DINKS?

Old 02-27-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
You may not understand this (and it's probably not you're fault if you don't), but marriage has, as one of its purposes, the creation of offspring

Where under the definition of marriage does it list the creation of offspring as one of its purposes? People who marry make their own decision about whether they want a family or not.

Quote:
If you don't want to have kids, then be celibate.

Or get your tubes tied/a vasectomy.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:07 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,930,399 times
I would like to eventually be married to a great love but i don't know about kids. I live in Florida and there are so many old folks who have kids...in California who visit them once a year. I don't think having kids guarantees you happiness or purpose in life.

Now, if I were to get preggo by accident with my great love one day, I would keep it and raise it well, but I would be happy w/o a kid. I'm a wild one, I don't plan on the traditional "settling down" ever happening for me and whomever I end up.

I treasure my extended family, but I don't have very strong maternal instincts. I'm more of a passionate wanderer

Old 02-27-2011, 08:08 PM

127 posts, read 184,102 times
Quote:
You may not understand this (and it's probably not you're fault if you don't), but marriage has, as one of its purposes, the creation of offspring. This serves both the child (by bringing him or her into existence), the family (by continuing on their line), society (by providing for its continuation). To willingly prevent the birth of any children so you can eat costlier food, have more sex, or go on more trips is eminently selfish.

That's not to say that there is an obligation to have children binding on all individuals. If you don't want to have kids, then be celibate.
You may not understand this (and it's probably not your fault if you don't) but the way YOU define marriage and sex is not how millions of others do, and isn't codified by any body of law in the United States. To willingly declare that others must be celibate because you took it upon yourself to play Internet ethicist to those who don't share your viewpoint is eminently pig-headed.

That's not to say there isn't a medium for your advice to reach millions of willing, receptive individuals. If you want to preach about good old-fashioned family values circa the Victorian Age, then start your own talk show. After all, Rush Limbaugh and Dr. Laura have – and they're not wanting for money!

Old 02-27-2011, 08:11 PM

791 posts, read 1,429,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I love those parents who say things like “Hey, we still have wild sex and go out to dinner and holiday and party all night long!!! And we... oh, um… excuse me. Max, get your hand out of that bowl!!! Ashley don’t cut your hair sweetie… ugh…! Woo… life”.
exactly....couples who say they still have wild sex are straight up lying....too many times kids and pets ruin plans...

Old 02-27-2011, 08:15 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,930,399 times
Pets ruin the plans? Haha, please explain. My boys have never got in the way of sex.

(my boys are both of the canine persuasion)

Old 02-27-2011, 08:16 PM

127 posts, read 184,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
exactly....couples who say they still have wild sex are straight up lying....too many times kids and pets ruin plans...
What if they do? It always amazes me how much time people spend worrying about what others are doing with their genitalia. Maybe they're having the craziest, filthiest, hottest monkey sex while a bunch of DINKS are jerking off into their socks and crying themselves to sleep.

Believe me, it doesn't take kids (or pets) to temper one's sex drive. When we were DINKS, we spent most of the time working, bitching about work, and avoiding the housework that piled up. Not having crazy monkey sex.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetFedora View Post
Maybe they're having the craziest, filthiest, hottest monkey sex while a bunch of DINKS are jerking off into their socks and crying themselves to sleep.

You’re right. It IS amazing how much time people spend worrying about what others are doing with their genetalia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships