Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:49 AM

52,209 posts, read 52,636,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
So how would you all do it?
Drop the predator bit and just be yourself. Women aren't lab rats that need to be studied and categorized.

Believe me, I'm no lady killer, but as I'm getting older I'm learning that just being "yourself" with no agenda's has a way of winning people over.

You really don't need a script or anything like that. Generally people like to talk about themselves, so ask her some open ended questions and really listen to her.

Listening makes the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 11:51 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
Okay first of all these guys are not at your level of thinking.

They like going after women in that fashion because it's like a game to them. Pitiful and lame? Yes. To them however it is fun and thrilling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Drop the predator bit and just be yourself. Women aren't lab rats that need to be studied and categorized.

Believe me, I'm no lady killer, but as I'm getting older I'm learning that just being "yourself" with no agenda's has a way of winning people over.

You really don't need a script or anything like that. Generally people like to talk about themselves, so ask her some open ended questions and really listen to her.

Listening makes the difference.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:56 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,678,834 times
Quote:
And how many more threads are you going to start so you can ask that same question over and over again? That was a rhetorical question, by the way.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:04 PM

190 posts, read 412,984 times
Quote:
This reminds me of Neil Strauss' book "The Game" - you need to read it.

If you're in your mid 30's like me, it will be a good read of what you could have done if you single mindedly focused on being a pick up artist. Reading that book was kind of a vicarious experience that just goes to show "when you pick up one end of the stick, you also pick up the other".

But I get the impression you are young enough that you have a few more years of angst, trials and tribulations to get through. Hang in there till you are older and invest in yourself in the meantime.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:44 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times
Sadly, the pick-up artist phenomenon seems to be growing, not going away. Mystery, that anti-hero of love, seems to be one of the main culprits. The thing about his methods is that they do work. (I've seen them in action firsthand.) If what you're after is plenty of random sexual encounters, he's got the recipe. I feel so old for saying this, but Cyn ... you shouldn't go down this road. Seriously. After a few years of casual sex, you'll become hardened. Using people for your own gratification (sexual or otherwise) deadens you and your sensations to life. You should work on building worthwhile relationships with women, not this. No, I'm not saying no sex before marriage. And no, I'm not saying that you're an inherently bad person if you find yourself involved in an occassional drunken encounter or two .. but seriously, think about this.

If a friend of yours was saying to you, "Dude .. I just discovered this way to make TONS of money, man. What you do is you present yourself as something you're not -- basically just manipulate people, bro, and sell yourself as something you're not just long enough to get to their wallet .. it's called a scam .. and this dude 'Misery' has developed this awesome system about how to be a 'scam artist.' " .. Would all of this strike you as something you should do? Don't go down this path man. That's my unsolicited advice to you. Or, if you do, set some rules for yourself. Don't lie. Ever. It's bad form .. it's not cool. You'll wake up being someone you don't like someday (someday sooner than you think).

Old 06-20-2009, 01:31 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Okay first of all these guys are not at your level of thinking.

They like going after women in that fashion because it's like a game to them. Pitiful and lame? Yes. To them however it is fun and thrilling.
Yeah, but they probably lay more women in a week than you have in your whole life. There's something to be said for results.

I'll have to sit down and watch these videos, but I've always been a fan of Tucker Max's guide to game. He lays it out real well in layman's terms and anybody with a few functioning brain cells can pull it off.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:42 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,670,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Wow. Just....wow. What a sad group of men that take this sh*t seriously.
ROFL! Had to give you positive points for that!

Certainly I think as a man it is good to learn about human sociology and such things as body language but the military AirLand Battle 2000 pick up strategies are a bit over the top.

I remember when I was 18 I got a job as a car salesman. The place that hired me trained me to use a very fixed step by step script with customers and frankly it sucked big time and didn't work. It didn't take into account people were different, with different attitudes, needs, desires, interests, personalities, etc. The cars I did sell happened when I was myself and broke from the fixed script. Eventually it reached the point I couldn't do what they wanted me to do so it was one of the few jobs I didn't stay with and I quit.

I think it's the same with women and relationships. I used to try to game and strategize everything with women and really it never worked well for me. Finally I dropped all that and just started being completely myself, not overtly out on the prowl "trying to make things happen". In the years since I quit all that I have found no shortage of women expressing an interest in me with plenty of offers for roots.

Certainly there are some stupid women out there that can be manipulated but are those the ones you want to spend your life with? Probably not. The OP is one of those guys that will so over strategize and overthink and do everything that he'll end up without much to show for it. There are plenty of women that do the same thing as well.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:12 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,650 times
Hhm, so I guess "being a jerk" didn't work, huh? Soo, that's why you're idolizing this ordinary-looking dude who is doing the exact same stuff that you couldn't do?

Old 06-21-2009, 12:13 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,650 times
By the way, the more threads you open Cyno, the more desperate and pathetic you actually show to us.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:25 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,659,293 times
I'll be the first to admit I'm not always out to find the deeper things in life, but where men are concerned I've rarely put looks into concern. I've always been very conscious about whether or not I actually liked this person.

Sexual attraction, at least for me, was never about looks. Good looking men rarely got me off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships