Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,904,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
I moved from LA to Venice when I was 21 in 1972. I didn't have a car so I had to ride the bus for 1 1/2 hours to get to my job in LA.
There was extra fair involved in a trip that long so passengers who paid it were issued a small paper ticket to show the bus driver they had paid the full fair.
On my first day, I was daydreaming and the bus driver touched my hand to get my attention so he could collect this ticket. I looked into his eyes and my first thought was "I wonder what it would be like to be married to this person" I won't bore you with the details, but 7 months later we were married and remained married until his death 20 years later.
Even many years later, I never say never and always expect the unexpected to come around the next corner when I least expect it.
Wow what an interesting happy and sad story...but at least you had him for a little while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 08:14 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,904,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
..and hit it off?

From the internet....very odd...and unusual people on here...yet interesting. I did this in my 20's

Old 07-15-2009, 09:00 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,824,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
From the internet....very odd...and unusual people on here...yet interesting. I did this in my 20's
Internet is very common.
Was this in the ninties?

Old 07-16-2009, 08:36 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,967,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Grocery stores are pretty common.
Just looking for some good mellons.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:39 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,967,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Internet is very common.
Was this in the ninties?
She is not even 20. You should drill her a bit more though to see how she will come back to your questions.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:29 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,979,657 times
Ive never met anyone off of the internet. Its just too easy to meet people in real life so Ive never had the need for internet/chatroom/forum hookups. I do have quite a few friends who met and got married to people they met on Match.com though. Apparently, from all the internet sites, Match seems to be doing something right with all the real life success stories.

I met women while just walking my dog down the street.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:47 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,092,933 times
This is honestly how I met my current wife....

I pulled up at a "campfire party" on a motorcycle and she was with a buddy of mine....we all talked and joked for awhile and for some reason I just couldn't stay away from her or quit staring at her(creepy eh?)..so I eventually got my nerve up and said"Hey,the stars are out...have you ever been on a motorcycle at night?"...she said no and I said " lets go then,it's really beautiful"..(this was before the cheesy biker craze and bikes were not everywhere like they are now).....

She was shy (ACTING I HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT) AND on top of that was there with my buddy and declined...my buddy said "Aw hell,go with him,it'll be fun"...she gave him a dirty look,got on the back of my bike we took off and we came back....THREE DAYS LATER!!! and have been pretty much together every since.

The funny thing is my buddy never got mad and he and I are still very good friends who joke about it a lot.

If my wife does something good....he'll say "Man,I should've kept her and hid in the brush and killed you" and if she does something bad(like she has totalled out my jeep,my IROC Camaro and tore the air suspension out from under my Lincoln Mark 7 by jumping hills) I'll say "MAN,why didn't you try harder to steal her back,I would have gave up easy" or he'll say "You wanted her,YOU got her"

Redneck love...it's kinda sad

YouTube - Drive By Truckers~ Love like this

2:10 of this vid explains my life quite well.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:01 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,642,105 times
On a bench overlooking the Thames , on a beautiful Autumn day in Christ Church Meadows in Oxford. He asked if he could look at my Oxford university Porspectus , we started to talk and 20 years later we are still together and getting married in 3 motnhs !

Old 07-17-2009, 08:03 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,900,771 times
I was on a date recently discussing a really bad flight I had had from Chicago to Omaha where we were flying through a storm and the plane freefell some odd thousand feet, the lights were turning off and on, people were screaming and praying, vomit was rolling up and down the aisles, etc....(by far the worst flight I have ever been and I've flown MANY times).

Anyway, it turns out she was on the exact same flight. We even later checked the flight info and sure as ****, same flight. We were sitting right across the aisle from each other and never spoke.

I guess I didn't really meet her on the plane, but it was interesting how it all played out!

Also, I regularly call this old drunk guy (on purpose now, the first few were by accident) who has the same number as my sister but different area code. By far the coolest old man I have ever spoken to. Speaking of him, I should get in touch after I’ve had a few tonight.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:05 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,513,796 times
donkey show
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships