Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 04:21 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
this is what i am saying. i cannot imagine spending that much at a place like dave and buster's when a combo with games and stuff is like 15. say you get extra drinks, maybe it would come to 35 per person, but 150?! i hear you that you might not be able to play that many games, but your average person on a date would really be there ALL night playing video games?

Its not uncommon. If video games is your thing, those games can suck you in, especially if you're into competing and all of that. And, if you're a drinker, a couple of drinks can easily come to $20 or more, add a couple of drinks for your date, that's $40 right there. Dave and Busters is not a place I'd recommend for a person, who lives paycheck to paycheck, who wants to take someone out on a date.......I remember talking on the phone to this one guy for a few weeks, and when he finally asked if he could take me out and I told him 'sure', he wanted me to pick the place and I picked Dave and Busters, since it was new to our area, at the time, and it was THE place to go to at the time, and he flat out told me he ain't have it like THAT....lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 04:23 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Its not uncommon. If video games is your thing, those games can suck you in, especially if you're into competing and all of that. And, if you're a drinker, a couple of drinks can easily come to $20 or more, add a couple of drinks for your date, that's $40 right there. Dave and Busters is not a place I'd recommend for a person, who lives paycheck to paycheck, who wants to take someone out on a date.......I remember talking on the phone to this one guy for a few weeks, and when he finally asked if he could take me out and I told him 'sure', he wanted me to pick the place and I picked Dave and Busters, since it was new to our area, at the time, and it was THE place to go to at the time, and he flat out told me he ain't have it like THAT....lmao
to each his own then. i seriously cannot imagine most women wanting to play video games all night, but thats there idea of having fun. i enjoy video games, but cannot do it for many more than 20 minutes.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:36 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
its funny though because when people say the whole "you will find someone when you arent looking" thing, that never happens. in fact when i am looking, i am going out it just never leads to anything, but when i am not looking, i just go through a dry spell of never going on a date.
I know righttt!

Quote:
i need to replace dating and internet time with schoolwork and working out.
lol. Schoolwork and staying in shape is important.

Once my immature 28yr old friend broke things off 5 months ago, don't get me started on her, I just increased my work-outs and the days I work out, started running and kept my same work-level on my job.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:41 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
I know righttt!

lol. Schoolwork and staying in shape is important.

Once my immature 28yr old friend broke things off 5 months ago, don't get me started on her, I just increased my work-outs and the days I work out, started running and kept my same work-level on my job.
i have realized i would rather work out though then do my school work i have a huge test tuesday and started making flashcards, but quit halfway through. i consider making the cards already a form of studying lol. i dont know why i do this to myself. i know i wont do well on the test now, but i would rather chance it though spend more time on it. i have no logic!

Old 07-24-2009, 04:47 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
A decent romantic dinner should include the following.

1 -- Wine (A bottle, not a glass)
2 -- Appetizer
3 -- Entree
4 -- Dessert
5 -- Coffee

If you can't pony up for these five things, then don't bother going, because it makes you look like all style and no substance. You're better off going someplace fun and cheap instead. At least you're authentic that way.

The other thing? Always go to the local restaurant, rather than some local chain. The food and atmosphere is typically better, and it gives your choice a bit off a unique feel to it.
This reminds me of one of my most romantic dinner dates ever. My ex-fiance took me to a restaurant called Helen's at the Seven Springs ski resort in PA on Christmas Eve. The food was fabulous, the atmoshpere was cozy and romantic, and the total bill for everything came to about $150. He paid because the Packers beat the Vikings that day If the Packers had lost, I would have paid. Whew!

http://www.7springs.com/pdf/news/5403_1.pdf

Our first date, however, was at the Macaroni Grill. No clue what it cost, but probably in the neighborhood of $35 for both of us.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:31 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
I would not be impressed with a guy who took me to an expensive dinner on the first date. I would consider him wasteful and a show off. I like simple men with simple tastes because that shows he can be a good husband . Instead of him spending the money, he should be handing it to me so I can decide what needs to be paid.

If I have been with him for a while and he wants to splurge on me because he wants to show how much he cares, then I would let him, but only once or twice a year. Not every time we go out to eat.

And of course, I would enjoy it.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
the gentlemen on the other board said an expensive dinner is usually around 75 per person.
This would be about right with appetizers, beverage, main course, dessert, alcohol.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:49 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Yeah, it's a good way of finding out whether it's me or my wallet she wants a relationship with.
Well if those are your ideas of a proper place to take her to eat, it's a sure bet she won't want a relationship with YOU.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Honestly, I'd rather a guy cook for me on a first date, or we cook TOGETHER. You get to learn a lot more about one another that way plus have fun along the way.
On a first date? No way am I going over to a guy's house for the evening. Oh no.

Ah...I see you retracted that. And although you WERE speaking of a first date, I completely missed the fact that the OP was asking about dinner on a first date. I think even the prices that she mentioned, are more than I would be comfortable with, for a first, or even second date. No sense in spending so much money so early in the game.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 07-24-2009 at 06:16 PM..

Old 07-24-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
i have never spent 24 dollars on just an entree at the cheesecake factory....
Yeah...that's was what I thought you meant. A $24 entree, IS expensive. No two ways about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships