Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 06:14 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times

Advertisements

Ok, it's 90 degrees here every day.........it's hot............She is visiting us and cordially showed her the linen closet/soap/shower supplies/bath supplies/linens........................

She refuses to take a bath. My husband *after 10 days)finally told her to take a bath and she won't then when I came in the house she went off on me lol. telling me she is not taking a bath or shower anytime soon....and won't!!!!!!!!!!!!I approached her in a nice way at first about it all and showed her where everythng was!! and I got an eyeroll so that I suppose was the start of it......... I gave her soap/toiletries and she never used them. Ew.

Yuk. I have never had her overnight or vacationing with us........since we moved away.....

How do you deal with it? LOL or would you???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 06:15 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Ok, it's 90 degrees here every day.........it's hot............She is visiting us and cordially showed her the linen closet/soap/shower supplies/bath supplies/linens........................

She refuses to take a bath. My husband *after 10 days)finally told her to take a bath and she won't then when I came in the house she went off on me lol. telling me she is not taking a bath or shower anytime soon....and won't!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yuk. I have never had her overnight or vacationing with us........since we moved away.....

That's a tough one. No matter what, someone's feelings are getting hurt, lol.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
That's a tough one. No matter what, someone's feelings are getting hurt, lol.

It "stinks" doesn't it LOL

Old 07-30-2009, 06:19 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:

She refuses to take a bath. My husband *after 10 days)finally told her to take a bath and she won't then when I came in the house she went off on me lol. telling me she is not taking a bath or shower anytime soon....and won't!!!!!!!!!!!!I approached her in a nice way at first about it all and showed her where everythng was!! and I got an eyeroll so that I suppose was the start of it......... I gave her soap/toiletries and she never used them. Ew.

Why won't she bathe? Is she not mentally stable?

Old 07-30-2009, 06:19 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Heck, I'd prefer your problem to when my inlaws came to visit. They would jump in the pool several times per day, then after each time go take a long shower. My water bill was more than $1,000.

Id be really happy if they dont take showers.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:20 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,898,864 times
Quote:
It "stinks" doesn't it LOL
Can't even imagine

Old 07-30-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Why won't she bathe? Is she not mentally stable?

rofl.. slow but I dont think unstable... She claims her arm hurts and cannot do it...I told her I would get a rubber mat so she wouldnt slide...etc.. She is loud and obnoxious.....I said your son can help you in the shower/bath...She said no man is going to help me in the shower...I mean, she has dirty habits too...like clipping her nails in my car and having them fly all over the car....Omg...they don't sprout legs and walk lol..They fall to the ground and on the seat.............I think she is just backwards...very...backwards................ I got a whiff of her today and it was enough to send me over the edge..........

She doesn't wash her hands after she uses the bathroom either...

LOL That....

Old 07-30-2009, 06:24 PM

1,831 posts, read 4,436,976 times
Sounds like you may have to use the "tough love" approach, like "you're really smelling and it's very noticeable and offensive."

How long is she staying? I can't understand how some folks can be so funky and so defensive at the same time. LOL.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
Sounds like you may have to use the "tough love" approach, like "you're really smelling and it's very noticeable and offensive."

How long is she staying? I can't understand how some folks can be so funky and so defensive at the same time. LOL.
2 weeks. She is on 10th day here.. There is no breeze. Yuk...It is stinky....I mean my grandmother used to use that bath powder/talc in the old days...back in the 70's when I was a kid...but seriously she bathed....She's not leaving til next Tues and it's supp. to be 85-90 every day.. I will faint pretty soon. I have lost my appetite too...........which maybe is good because I am losing weight...lolo............stink stank stunk.

My husband said he talked to her but when I came in the house she started to yell saying she wasnt taking a bath ever here.... like a 2 year old..

I have 4 yr. old twins and they take a bath almost every day in the summer...and they are small and they still stink.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:26 PM

1,831 posts, read 4,436,976 times
Quote:
rofl.. slow but I dont think unstable... She claims her arm hurts and cannot do it...I told her I would get a rubber mat so she wouldnt slide...etc.. She is loud and obnoxious.....I said your son can help you in the shower/bath...She said no man is going to help me in the shower...I mean, she has dirty habits too...like clipping her nails in my car and having them fly all over the car....Omg...they don't sprout legs and walk lol..They fall to the ground and on the seat.............I think she is just backwards...very...backwards................ I got a whiff of her today and it was enough to send me over the edge..........

She doesn't wash her hands after she uses the bathroom either...

LOL That....
I'd be sashaying through the house with a can a Lysol held high in the air. Spraying on the hour each hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships