Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:43 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I can't say that I agree with the way you put it but perhaps you mean that it will get people thinking more about financial stability (jobs, spending, debt, planning) and it will also separate "the men from the boys".

Unreliable partners in the good times become a nightmare in the bad.
We simply don't have enough data.

Aloha said five months. But Bear Stearns sank somewhere around Jan 2008 and jobs have been flying since then by hundreds of thousands. They still are and people are living on unemployment benefits.

Owners of mansions once are paupers today. There is still "no" job, and I have been a victim too, though I found a new job in 2 weeks.

I last remember Aloha opening a thread on breaking up tips. It's what I used to do at the gym in my teens, asking my hockey seniors for tips to avoid falling on the grass or general tips for protein shakes

Can't really take everyone on C/D seriously. There was a poster who recently asked for advice to ditch some dude who got hospitalized or people who ask if going to funerals is a must.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 11:55 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaha View Post
I broke up with my bf, the major reasons are:

1. I don't like his friends. his friends' lives are a mess, no proper jobs, knock up their girlfriends, play video games all the time, etc.

2. he doesn't work hard. he has been trying to figure out what he wants to do for a while and we were together for 5 months. He did find a job because I was pushing him on this, but he is complaining about the job and is trying to find another one, etc.

so i broke up with him, because i don't feel secured, how can he and i have a life together if he is not financially responsible? he accused me of giving him conditional love, because I am supposed to be with him while he figures out his work stuff. He thinks that I don't have faith in him.

I don't know how to argue with that. I just felt that I am just being realistic, any girl would want security and know that her man can be dependable, all I am asking him to have is to have a stable income and a proper job, is this too much???
Tell him to find a girlfriend who has no goals, doesn't keep up her appearance, and lays around doing nothing at all all day and he can do the unconditional love with her.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:06 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,329,676 times
I think the only unconditional love is between a parent and their child, the rest is conditional.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:32 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,304 times
Not when that child is out robbing 7-11's.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:45 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
Not when that child is out robbing 7-11's.
I'd beat his ass!!!

Old 08-04-2009, 04:27 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,329,676 times
still..I heard parents of massmurderers talk and they still love them whether they like it or not...they hate what the kids do but still love them, that bond is different than any other you create later;

Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Is it really love if you can dump him that easily?

Old 08-04-2009, 05:32 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Is it really love if you can dump him that easily?
I don't know if it's love, but there's definately intelligence and reasoning in her decision making. It's refreshing.

As far as unconditional love goes- I think many are capable, but that doesn't mean relationships are unconditional.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:45 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaha View Post
I don't know how to argue with that.
Why feel the need to? Move on!

Old 08-04-2009, 05:49 AM

240 posts, read 437,343 times
Default Advice

WELL YOU HAVE BEEN ONLY DATING FOR 5 MONTHS GIVE IT MORE TIME AND SEE IF IT GETS BETTER OR WORSE.MY MOM ALWAYS TOLD ME IF THE MAN YOU MARRY CAN'T TAKE CARE OF YOU THE WAY YOUR DADDY TOOK CARE OF YOU LEAVE HIM ALONE.HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO ENRICH YOUR LIFE SPIRITUALLY,EMOTIONALLY,FINANCIALLY IF BEING WITH THIS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships