Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 02:52 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
since when is shopping not a hobby? . I like to go to thrift stores and places like that which is a form of shopping, I guess. it certainly is a hobby. just because a man sees shopping as a thing to pass the time doesn't mean women view it that way.
my ex gf had a similar hobby, but it was window shopping. SHe could go to a mall withut a penny in her pocket and window shop for 8 hours straight. that was a blast.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:52 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,305 times
Women don't have hobbies? Surely you jest. Half marathons and marathons are more than half women from what I've read and from my observations of my races. They also volunteer more often than men. That's just 2 activities out of many.

Almost all the ladies I've gone out with have plenty of hobbies: running, playing an instrument, choir, volunteering, sewing, etc.

Let's be real: We men, including myself, spent a lot of money and time watching NFL, NBA, other sports. Those aren't exactly high minded and active pursuits.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:53 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
You know, the OP may actualy have a point. Ive known women with hobbies obviously, but ive also dated a few that didnt really seem to have one, outside of trivial and nonsensical things already mentioned in this thread. I wonder if there ever has been a study comparing the two genders based on how many hobbies or interests they have. Married men for example, almost always have hobbies, but we all know why.
Yup, because their wives encourage them to go out and DO something to get them out of the house!

My husband plays hockey every wed and sun night. His wed night league ended last week and I'm kind of disappointed that I don't have the night to myself this evening. I'm sure that sounds evil, but I like my alone time.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:54 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
I recently broke up with a girlfriend who complained about almost everything that I had interest in outside her. She complained about my comic books, video games, interest in motorized vehicles like cars, trains, plains, and motorcyles, and she hated my interest in sports. It was just too much and it ended quicker than it began. Later on I thought about it and realized most women don't have any hobbies or interests of their own. Watching t.v., shopping, chit-chatting, or reading an entertainment or fashion magazine are basically all most women do. And none of those things are hobbies. They are actually things to pass the time.

Most women have no active interests in anything besides shopping, entertainment, and gossip. If most people thought about this they'd ask themselves two of the following questions:

Why don't most women have any hobbies?
My dear sir, you've been choosing the wrong women. Some women have domestic hobbies, like knitting, sewing, etc. Others have intellectual hobbies, like learning foreign languages, keeping up on the latest scientific advances, researching cool stuff. The question isn't why don't most women have hobbies. The question is: why aren't you finding the women who have hobbies?

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but maybe your girl's objections were about the quality of your hobbies: they sound pretty adolescent. Comic books? Really?Car/motorcycle tinkering? Watching sports on TV all day? Those are about on a par with shopping, etc.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:56 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
You know, the OP may actualy have a point. Ive known women with hobbies obviously, but ive also dated a few that didnt really seem to have one, outside of trivial and nonsensical things already mentioned in this thread. I wonder if there ever has been a study comparing the two genders based on how many hobbies or interests they have. Married men for example, almost always have hobbies, but we all know why.
What's the we? You and other singles?

Any how, the same is said about men. Watching the boob tube is not a hobby. Watching other men play sports is not a hobby.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:57 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
my ex gf had a similar hobby, but it was window shopping. SHe could go to a mall withut a penny in her pocket and window shop for 8 hours straight. that was a blast.
well I like vintage/antique things that's why I go. sometimes you find things you like and sometimes you don't. LOL @ going there with no money, that's a different story. Window shopping doesn't seem like 'shopping' to me.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
Women don't have hobbies? Surely you jest. Half marathons and marathons are more than half women from what I've read and from my observations of my races. They also volunteer more often than men. That's just 2 activities out of many.

Almost all the ladies I've gone out with have plenty of hobbies: running, playing an instrument, choir, volunteering, sewing, etc.

Let's be real: We men, including myself, spent a lot of money and time watching NFL, NBA, other sports. Those aren't exactly high minded and active pursuits.
The gender bashing men on this forum won't be man enough to address or even acknowledge your post.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:05 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,684,438 times
My only hobby is my husband... lol!
(I love pampering him... good food, massages, run spa baths, helping him etc.)

Old 05-02-2012, 03:07 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What's the we? You and other singles?

Any how, the same is said about men. Watching the boob tube is not a hobby. Watching other men play sports is not a hobby.
come again?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
My only hobby is my husband... lol!
(I love pampering him... good food, massages, run spa baths, helping him etc.)
Seriously???

You spend all your free time pampering your husband?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships