Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:58 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Could it be that some people involve themselves in bully behavior as a result of thread after thread after thread of the same posters unable to think for themselves and ask for the dumbest advice possible?

Seriously people, make your own decisions and come back and let us know how it turned out. City-Data shouldn't be the Bible of how you live your personal lives.

I honestly think that is why many people feel they receive bullying or offensive responses...because the thread was absurd to start with.

(rant over)
I'm kind of with you on that one. A minority of posters on here seem to completely lack common sense or maturity, and ask the same basic questions repeatedly. After a while, one feels as if you're playing Whack-A-Mole, because the same dumb conversations keep popping up over and over again from the same people, who always somehow expect a completely different response.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:09 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
What's your opinion on Bullys on the forum?
I haven't really noticed. What I see is more like a large number of smaller birds swarming a bird of prey that enters their territory.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:10 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Could it be that some people involve themselves in bully behavior as a result of thread after thread after thread of the same posters unable to think for themselves and ask for the dumbest advice possible?

Seriously people, make your own decisions and come back and let us know how it turned out. City-Data shouldn't be the Bible of how you live your personal lives.

I honestly think that is why many people feel they receive bullying or offensive responses...because the thread was absurd to start with.

(rant over)
I agree with the above 100%.

In addition, this is my take. . .

Offline, I say it precisely as I do online - and I speak as I do in type. . what you see is what you get - the difference is that offline, you get a much sweeter, softer tone than you read my inflictions as here - which makes my words come off as more harsh. I do believe that given the path in which we have to work with here, not having tone/infliction involved - it has several people taken wrongly in their communication - often coming off as abrasive, leaving the meek feeling so-called "victimized."

Old 08-06-2009, 02:18 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
One of the reasons I often edit my posts is because I for one actually reread them, and sometimes the way something is worded (as someone else also pointed out on another forum) has as much to do with the way it is taken as the person reading it. I think it was on a state forum actually.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
One of the reasons I often edit my posts is because I for one actually reread them, and sometimes the way something is worded (as someone else also pointed out on another forum) has as much to do with the way it is taken as the person reading it. I think it was on a state forum actually.
Understandable, but not everyone has time to do so.

During the week, I have work hub-bub going at the same time I am generally posting, work issues could go on as late as Midnight some nights, from early morning. Many posters here are in the same position with no time to proofread over than a simple one over.

I say what I mean, I mean what I say. Why would one change their thoughts and words to appease others? That is faux-posting.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:47 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
I think they bully online because they're weak in person and know they wouldn't get away with it if the confrontation were in person.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I think they bully online because they're weak in person and know they wouldn't get away with it if the confrontation were in person.
You have not met me.

If I could freely give out my phone number to half of the whackadoodles that I have wished to here on this forum without risking it being broadcast across Craigslist's Casual Sex Ads, to tell them what I really have thought and felt - remember - TOS Guidelines bind- I would.

Ever dawn on you that there are people out here that will just spew it - in person and online? I am one of them, online and offline. Why is that? Because I am confident in my beliefs, my feelings, my opinions and my visions - and I am open to debate with others. I thrive on it. Nobody can take that away from me. I own them. OFFLINE and ONLINE.

I really do laugh when I see people minimize and justify that others may been as lamb'ish as they are. No sweetie, think again.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:04 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
I too am the same online and offline. Yes, folks - the very same off-color things that some find offensive - I would say to you in person. And yes, I WILL bust a cap in your ass!!!

Old 08-06-2009, 04:04 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,901,741 times
It's also a fact that a lot of people that "crave" attention, have very low self-esteem. They need the external validation to feel worthy. Sad really.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
It's also a fact that a lot of people that "crave" attention, have very low self-esteem. They need the external validation to feel worthy. Sad really.
Why is it chalked up as that? You have thousands, millions... of people online. . all with very different and unique personalities. That is a cop-out.

What you are saying above in turn is giving your own self a feeling of validation and superiority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships