Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 03:35 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Wow. So many guys have a problem with just one night out every once in awhile. What would they do about women whose work requires them to travel for weeks at a time? I guess the insecure guys would have to consider women with careers that involve travel as not being LTR material.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Why is the assumption that girls night out is at some seedy bar where she's looking to get hit on? (and it's not just you with this assumption...it's been expressed by a few members).

When we have a girls night out, we get dressed up and go out to dinner because the establishments we go to have a dress code. I don't get dressed up to pick up strange men...I get dressed up because I LIKE to dress up. My husband doesn't care to dine out like that so it saves him the trouble. He's more comfortable in a tavern. Likewise, I don't find drinking beer in the parking lot of the hockey rink fun but he likes to tailgate after his games and I have no issue with that either.

Sometimes for GNO my friends and I meet up at someones house and have a few bottles of wine and finger foods and chat, sometimes we hit the stores for some shopping. Sometimes we get pedicures, sometimes we have a jewelry party..etc. The LAST thing we are looking for is to pick up men. It's a "no men allowed" night...that includes ALL men.
Sixy is so right, girls' night out is about doing a host of things with just the girls, not just hitting a dance floor, just my personal favorite thing to think about. Time out with the girls is just a full fledge good time out with your girlfriends even if it's a knitting party. I guarantee you some would complain about that.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,334 times
While I ultimately believe in the "cheaters will cheat" principal, I don't see the reason for married partners to put themselves in risky environments.

Keep in mind - I'm someone who was cheated on while she was at a bar during a GNO. Prior to that experience, I would of been one of the guys posting how it's a reflection of insecurities, controlling, etc to limit what your spouse can do. Hence why I encouraged her to spend time with her girlfriends, and drove to pick her up after.

Now (after the divorce) - I'm left thinking married people need to act like married people, and putting yourselves in risky environments should be minimized. There is no double standard, it goes for both husbands/wives.

I've heard all the "I'm not interested in other guys, I just want to drink with my girlfriends" talk - I completely trusted it, and it turned out to be very different from reality, once the right guy came along.

Post divorce I joined another message board for people going through divorce as well - and discovered I wasn't the only person cheated on while their spouse was at a GNO.

It's pretty common.

Last edited by TheEarthBeneathMe; 11-26-2012 at 05:13 PM..

Old 11-26-2012, 04:01 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
I get where some of the concern comes from though most women head out & start getting drunk things tend to happen not all the time & not all women go out to get drunk with thier friends. Again seeing that I have spent my youth working at nighclubs sadly I'm going to say that most of the married women that go out with thier friends tend to hook up with someone at some point. I'm not saying ALL women do this because they don't but it's been my experience given enough to drink something bad is going to happen.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I get where some of the concern comes from though most women head out & start getting drunk things tend to happen not all the time & not all women go out to get drunk with thier friends. Again seeing that I have spent my youth working at nighclubs sadly I'm going to say that most of the married women that go out with thier friends tend to hook up with someone at some point. I'm not saying ALL women do this because they don't but it's been my experience given enough to drink something bad is going to happen.
I once came home and barfed on my husbands shoes (while they were still on his feet)! ...that was bad lol

Old 11-26-2012, 04:12 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I once came home and barfed on my husbands shoes (while they were still on his feet)! ...that was bad lol

Ewwww lol

Old 11-26-2012, 04:33 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
People keep blaming all this bad stuff on alcohol, I need to start some drinking I mean some serious drinking, I haven't don't any bad stuff in many years I'm bored.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:09 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
I'd be more concerned about a guy who doesn't let his gf/wife go out with her girlfriends. What a creep.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
I hang out with my male friends alot. So I wouldn't have any problem with her doing the same

Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
I love GNO! I need it or I get cranky. We usually hit happy hours or this hole in the wall place for cheap margs and food. I made a new friend who likes to go to male gay bars to go drink and dance. We'll probably be doing that soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships