Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2012, 04:43 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Well this is pretty amazing. I also thought back when I was going to church I'd be in the right place to find a good man. Nah. It's the last place I'd look these days. I too am a non conformist believer. I don't subscribe to religion. I agree w/ you on every point here. I started going to church 15 years ago, twice a week. After a few years of that I noticed the hypocricy of it. I also noticed that if I questioned or disagreed with their philosophies, I was held in contempt. I also believe that other religions have good aspects; yet in the church I used to go to- that is a big issue.
You can't acknowledge anything good about other faiths.
And the fact is that "Arab" Christians I know are very cool people & the other Christians- I guess American Christians are hard & rigid in their beliefs.
And your point on the blind support to Israel- had that conversation as well. Not supposed to question that, though.
This is what heavily swung my opinion on their two-faced-ness.

I joined a popular catholic dating website. They had a ton of message boards on diverse topics. The message board was as good as C-D. Actually, it was way better than match.com in the quality of women. But they banned me citing differences in doctrine and causing a rift in the faithful.

I argued against primarily church policy on homosexuality and papal infallibility. I also pointed how homosexuals took over the church in the 50s and 60s and actively had gay relationships in the monastery and such..... The topic was too taboo and I finally got banned and refunded

Anyway, they had private male and female rooms, where men and women discuss the opposite gender and vent. Idiots would bash the overweight women, even the big fat loser wanted a model, yes, religious men.... And then they would go to the public board and pretend like they appreciate women of all kinds. They would even flirt with the fatter women and then flake out. Some of the women there have not had a bf in 10 years, it's so sad. And the moment you bring up their weight, there would be war. Coz trust me, if only they were under 30 to 50 pounds overweight, guys would like them. But they are so effing deluded and the Christian men would indulge in double speak.

And the same kind of women hang around in every church. They just don't get why they are lonely. If you say it, you will be the designated devil

I have made a resolution since. Should any religious fat person ever complain to me that they are lonely and men or women are shallow, I'm gonna point the fact out to their deluded bums. Political correctness my foot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 05:06 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
When I still went to church, 99% of the girls were either married, in serious, committed relationships, too young, or simply not attractive. In other words, about like every female I've ever met.

I must fall into the "simply not attractive" category.

Since my last relationship, I've found that I like going to church for the atmosphere. I am not a Catholic by any stretch of the imagination, but I like the church and the feeling I get while I'm in the building. I go in, I sit (I stand, I sit, I stand, I sit, I stand, I sit, I stand, I sit, I stand) and I exit before the crowd does.

I wouldn't run away from a guy I met there, but I'm certainly not looking. I don't assume a religious guy is any better than anyone else.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:00 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I must fall into the "simply not attractive" category.

Since my last relationship, I've found that I like going to church for the atmosphere. I am not a Catholic by any stretch of the imagination, but I like the church and the feeling I get while I'm in the building. I go in, I sit (I stand, I sit, I stand, I sit, I stand, I sit, I stand, I sit, I stand) and I exit before the crowd does.

I wouldn't run away from a guy I met there, but I'm certainly not looking. I don't assume a religious guy is any better than anyone else.
Maybe you fall into that 1% category I didn't describe. I would occasionally find a woman in that 1% who was attractive (not just physically) AND single. I met very few of those, and the problem was, they were never interested in me. So the 1% whom I found attractive and also happened to be single, was never attracted to me. And usually they wouldn't be single for long, anyway. For me, that also applies outside of churches, because that's pretty much been my experience with all women.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Maybe you fall into that 1% category I didn't describe. I would occasionally find a woman in that 1% who was attractive (not just physically) AND single. I met very few of those, and the problem was, they were never interested in me. So the 1% whom I found attractive and also happened to be single, was never attracted to me. And usually they wouldn't be single for long, anyway. For me, that also applies outside of churches, because that's pretty much been my experience with all women.

How did you know that 1% was not attracted to you? Did you approach them for a date?

Old 01-17-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
How did you know that 1% was not attracted to you? Did you approach them for a date?
No, but when I would talk to them they'd be completely disinterested. Or they would ignore me altogether and I'd never get a chance in the first place. Since then I just stopped bothering altogether. (Not just with church, I'm an agnostic now, but I stopped trying with all women.)

Old 01-17-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
No, but when I would talk to them they'd be completely disinterested. Or they would ignore me altogether and I'd never get a chance in the first place. Since then I just stopped bothering altogether. (Not just with church, I'm an agnostic now, but I stopped trying with all women.)
That's a bummer. You don't know what you're missing!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
That's a bummer. You don't know what you're missing!
I only vaguely remember what I'm missing, because it's been so long. If I keep going this way, though, soon I won't remember at all, and ignorance is bliss.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I only vaguely remember what I'm missing, because it's been so long. If I keep going this way, though, soon I won't remember at all, and ignorance is bliss.

You'll get blindsided by that 1% some day and never look back.

Church or no church.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:47 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Any women on this board have much luck meeting men in church? I am so sick of every well-meaning elder or old broad yammering about how "I'll find a nice guy in church" OMG! Please. Ironic, but that is one place I don't recommend to single women. I think all Christian single women believe that the best place to find a so-called "good, godly man" is in church and so the men all KNOW THIS, so they kind of get a swelled head about themselves. Single women are always going to outnumber single men in church-that's a fact. The one place I have NEVER found anyone to date is church. Yes, I know my parents are part of this racket. Just because it happened in "their day". Why are single church guys so smug and put up this "front"? And I cannot stand the way they take the term "biblical" or "godly" wife out of context. I think what they really mean is a subservient, docile type woman out of a Mormon cult or something. Sorry guys, ladies I think it's time to start going to sporting events, political stuff, (heck, try taking woodworking classes, who knows.) places where you are outnumbered by men...You may have to do some research.....I know I am critical of others, but aren't most people a little critical of someone or some group out there...
How do women feel about single, so-called "Christian" men? your thoughts?
I would not look for a romantic interest at church, either. I think we're more likely to find a Godly man out on his tractor on a church day, at the hardware store or anywhere.

If he truly is a good man then his aura will give it off, his actions will speak louder than anything. You've got a great idea about meeting guys at other places while knowing you are seeking a Godly/good one. In fact, won't they stand out easier when met out in the world, so to speak? I think so.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
You'll get blindsided by that 1% some day and never look back.

Church or no church.
Hey, that'll be fine with me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships