Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:49 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwv View Post
A woman over 40 has very limited options for finding a non-pathological mate unless she's a rare combination of both beauty and exceptionally high education.
ROFL you are soooooooooooooo wrong

Old 08-31-2009, 09:37 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
This site is only one of the few places I have seen it discussed - including amongst/with other females when we are talking to each other. . .

Danny Devito is a really, really bad example - so is Dudley Moore. You see, when they stand on top of their money, they are 6'3+.
I wasnt talking Devito specifically im referring to juts his height as an example of extreme shortnes

My point being as long as youre not frekishly short for a man and still taller then most women and decent looking getting women shouldnt be a huge problem..

Old 08-31-2009, 08:37 PM
mwv

207 posts, read 673,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
... She said something about how she always dated guys who were 6' or above. ..
It's funny how many women say but are ignorant of the fact that no more than in 1 in 5 guys is genuinely 6' or taller barefoot according to CDC statistics. And then when you remove all the ugly ones, the losers living with parents, the obese ones ... the number of reasonably attractive (not even good looking) and sane 6' guys is really very, very small- and then many of them just play multiple women like a game.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:46 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwv View Post
It's funny how many women say but are ignorant of the fact that no more than in 1 in 5 guys is genuinely 6' or taller barefoot according to CDC statistics. And then when you remove all the ugly ones, the losers living with parents, the obese ones ... the number of reasonably attractive (not even good looking) and sane 6' guys is really very, very small- and then many of them just play multiple women like a game.

Write the book. Make some money with all that knowledge, Yoda.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:46 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,101 times
I'm 6'5 in great shape and I can't find a date either. Has less to do w/looks than most people think.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:47 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I wasnt talking Devito specifically im referring to juts his height as an example of extreme shortnes

My point being as long as youre not frekishly short for a man and still taller then most women and decent looking getting women shouldnt be a huge problem..

I agree with that.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:48 PM

339 posts, read 2,205,229 times
Wow reading all the posts in these types of threads always makes me feel like crap lol. I'm between 5 foot 6 and 5 foot 7 and I keep reading about all these 5 foot 8, 5 foot 9 people have dating issues because of their height, then wth am I going to do lmao ? I might as well resign to dying alone right now. Oh well.

btw OP, weren't you the girl that didn't want to date a guy because you couldn't wear heels which would mess up your outfits or something like that?

Old 09-01-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
Wow reading all the posts in these types of threads always makes me feel like crap lol. I'm between 5 foot 6 and 5 foot 7 and I keep reading about all these 5 foot 8, 5 foot 9 people have dating issues because of their height, then wth am I going to do lmao ? I might as well resign to dying alone right now. Oh well.

btw OP, weren't you the girl that didn't want to date a guy because you couldn't wear heels which would mess up your outfits or something like that?
Believe me the real world isnt as strict on height as this site..Some of the stuff i hear on here like some women wouldnt go out with a guy because theyre slightly taller then him in 5 inch heels is mind boggling..WHo would want to date a insecure psycopath like that??

Do u ladies realize youre not REALLY that tall???

Whats next women are gonna wear stilts and refuse to date guys under 7 feet??

Old 09-01-2009, 04:18 PM

339 posts, read 2,205,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Believe me the real world isnt as strict on height as this site..Some of the stuff i hear on here like some women wouldnt go out with a guy because theyre slightly taller then him in 5 inch heels is mind boggling..WHo would want to date a insecure psycopath like that??

Do u ladies realize youre not REALLY that tall???

Whats next women are gonna wear stilts and refuse to date guys under 7 feet??
The problem is though it's not just women who are saying they won't date people under 6 feet (which btw, I've seen a fair amount of times in this thread alone). Look through this thread and you'll see people at 5 foot 9 saying they are having problems getting dates . Do women realize that 6 feet is magical number for being tall because IT'S NOT THAT COMMON? There's lots of guys in the 5 foot 9 to tall 5 foot 10 range, but 5 foot 11.5+ is not that common for guys.

Also, I've never seen a forum with so many women that are 5 foot 9, 5 foot 10, etc. It seems like on this forum especially there seems to be A LOT of women that are all 5 foot 10 barefeet that "need" a guy to be over 6 feet. Normally, I'd think that even 5 foot 7 or 5 foot 8 is getting into the tall range for girls, but here I see people above 5 foot 8 barefoot quite frequently. I think that either these girls are lying about their heights, or don't realize just how many people they are eliminating by excluding people that are under 6 feet. People keep telling me not to worry about my height since I'm taller than the average girl even though I'm almost abnormally short for a guy, but it's pretty damn hard for me not to when girls in everyday life even all want 6 footers as if they grow on trees.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
The problem is though it's not just women who are saying they won't date people under 6 feet (which btw, I've seen a fair amount of times in this thread alone). Look through this thread and you'll see people at 5 foot 9 saying they are having problems getting dates . Do women realize that 6 feet is magical number for being tall because IT'S NOT THAT COMMON? There's lots of guys in the 5 foot 9 to tall 5 foot 10 range, but 5 foot 11.5+ is not that common for guys.

Also, I've never seen a forum with so many women that are 5 foot 9, 5 foot 10, etc. It seems like on this forum especially there seems to be A LOT of women that are all 5 foot 10 barefeet that "need" a guy to be over 6 feet. Normally, I'd think that even 5 foot 7 or 5 foot 8 is getting into the tall range for girls, but here I see people above 5 foot 8 barefoot quite frequently. I think that either these girls are lying about their heights, or don't realize just how many people they are eliminating by excluding people that are under 6 feet. People keep telling me not to worry about my height since I'm taller than the average girl even though I'm almost abnormally short for a guy, but it's pretty damn hard for me not to when girls in everyday life even all want 6 footers as if they grow on trees.

But as u said most girls on here are abnormally tall and tall women have their own insecurities which is why it may seem as if theres allot of resentment towards short men on this site because to insecure tall women short men make them feel even worse and less womanly about themsvles and their insecurities so i wouldnt take it personal..

I know plenty of short dudes who get women..Youre face and perosnality is allot more important then your height unless your abnormally short..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships