Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 06:27 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times

Advertisements

I think it is fair to say that what we accept in most people is not necessarily what we would want in a partner.

IMO, intelligent people want to learn, always. They want to know about the alternatives and have no problem being proven wrong. They are able to think outside of the box, have an ability to see people from where they stand and are able to think beyond their personal situation. They can agree with someone they normally don't get along with. They make informed decisions and they don't allow the masses to think for them. I respect a formal education, but these are extremely important to me.

Bigotry and hatred are not intelligent. These would pretty much cancel out anything else they have going for them.

How do you define it and what do you require of your partner in that area?

What behaviors have you seen in the past that made you question a person's level of intelligence to the point of losing interest?

Last edited by PassTheChocolate; 09-05-2009 at 07:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 06:29 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Hard to define it.......but I insist on a high degree of intelligence in anyone I deal with.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:33 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Intelligence is the sexiest thing anyone can posess.

It is the one thing that can turn a toad into a prince or princess.

Love me, beat me, spend my money - but don't bore me.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

LOL...greatness!

Old 09-05-2009, 06:40 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:

What about untoady intelligent princes

Old 09-05-2009, 06:41 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:

I agree, except the part about beating me. lol But after the initial infatuation passes, a man being boring is the kiss of death for our relationship. I love a man with an inquisitive mind, and who seeks more than great sex in a romantic relationship.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:30 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I think it is fair to say that what we accept in most people is not necessarily what we would want in a partner.

IMO, intelligent people want to learn, always. They want to know about the alternatives and have no problem being proven wrong. They are able to think outside of the box, have an ability to see people from where they stand and are able to think beyond their personal situation. They can agree with someone they normally don't get along with. They make informed decisions and they don't allow the masses to think for them. I respect a formal education, but these are extremely important to me.

Bigotry and hatred are not intelligent. These would pretty much cancel out anything else they have going for them.

How do you define it and what do you require of your partner in that area?

I believe you defined my interest and needs in fine detail. The only element I would add is the ability to laugh at oneself for the stuff we do, or don't do, instead of getting angry to cover it up or trying too hard to be perfect.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I believe you defined my interest and needs in fine detail. The only element I would add is the ability to laugh at oneself for the stuff we do, or don't do, instead of getting angry to cover it up or trying too hard to be perfect.
I agree.

I could probably have phrased it a little better. What behaviors have you seen in the past that made you question a person's level of intelligence to the point of losing interest?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:52 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
I love learning. I love intelligence.

I'm never liked staying on the surface of things so I find it rather dull when a guy is content with not thinking or forming is own opinion.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:53 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I agree.

I could probably have phrased it a little better. What behaviors have you seen in the past that made you question a person's level of intelligence to the point of losing interest?
When he picked his nose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships