Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 04:31 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,449,057 times

Advertisements

Someone I've known for about a month won't go away. She's called me 14 times since last Tuesday. I've sent her emails saying I'm going through certain circumstances and I'm happy to exchange emails (not anymore I'm not happy to) but that I don't feel like talking on the phone. Following my last email to her stating this she has called me 3 times (since Saturday). I don't even bother to listen to her messages and just delete them, as I really don't need to know what she has to say. In addition to my own stuff going on, she is an emotional vampire and I'm thinking a narcissist. I really want nothing to do with her.

If she were a guy, I'd consider a restraining order. She is not gay, so no worries on that front. I just want her to disappear but don't want anymore communication with her via any form as I don't want to upset my life.

How long will it be before this nutcase stops calling me? Bets anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 04:36 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,068,194 times
Before this, was she a nice person/normal? She may just be very lonely.

Perhaps you can tell her you really need some space. If she is upset by that, you lose nothing.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:38 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
This is rhe point where you pick up the phone and tell her that you are no longer comfortable with her and you would appreciate it if she stopped contacting you altogether. If you can't talk to her, send he an email. Why play the childish game of let's see how long before she gets the hint?

Old 09-08-2009, 04:39 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
Reminds me of a former GF. Broke up 15 years ago. Well she contacts me this summer. Yada, yada, yada ad nauseum. Anyway she tried to start something with me, however I didn't bite.

I wondered the same thing. What I figured I could control my reaction. Eventually she got the clue.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:39 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,179,531 times
Okay, this is the third thread you've started about this woman. Time to be direct, like it or not. Tell her, even if you have to email it, that you would prefer to cease communication with her for now and to please stop calling you. If she doesn't stop then you'll get a restraining order on her...then you should be free of it. I had to tell someone on the phone once after they said hello "Stop calling me dam* it." and hung up.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
This is rhe point where you pick up the phone and tell her that you are no longer comfortable with her and you would appreciate it if she stopped contacting you altogether. If you can't talk to her, send he an email. Why play the childish game of let's see how long before she gets the hint?
I've done this three times. The last one I told her that I'd be happy to exchange emails but that I don't want to talk on the phone. She's called me three times since then. Now I won't do anything. This isn't a game to me. A feeble attempt at being light-hearted with my comment, but the truth is I just want her to disappear.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Okay, this is the third thread you've started about this woman. Time to be direct, like it or not. Tell her, even if you have to email it, that you would prefer to cease communication with her for now and to please stop calling you. If she doesn't stop then you'll get a restraining order on her...then you should be free of it. I had to tell someone on the phone once after they said hello "Stop calling me dam* it." and hung up.
No, this is not the third thread, although I have mentioned her. And I have been direct, short of F off.

Part of me just wonders what drives certain people's behavior.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:52 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,303,611 times
Behaviorists would consider your hanging up, replying to her emails, or any kind of active reaction you have to her as a reward. Your responses are rewarding her bad behavior and she may be enjoying it.

My recommendation is to ignore her completely. Do not reply to emails, do not answer the phone.

And if you feel threatened or scared - call the police.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:53 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,179,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
No, this is not the third thread, although I have mentioned her. And I have been direct, short of F off.

Part of me just wonders what drives certain people's behavior.

[SIZE=2]http://www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/750821-how-do-i-handle-someone-who.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...d-doormat.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-me-alone.html
[/SIZE]

Old 09-08-2009, 04:55 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,068,194 times
That's no worse than that teenager looking for sex in 3 thread or TV Guy's numerous 'ladies how do I hook you/why do you hate me?" threads!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships