Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 09:26 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Eger, you scare me. You say this like it's a good thing. LOL

I just like to be a little off the wall sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 09:28 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
For those interested, here's a comprehensive site which explains them.

Genital Herpes

Interesting to note that 1 in 5 Americans are infected ...

I had a few-year relationship with a partner who was infected (and, yes, he told me before we became sexually involved and I did my homework at the time) and it was never a problem. He took medication regularly and on the rare occasion when there was even the remotest suspicion of an outbreak we abstained from sexual relations for a week or so or until the signs disappeared. So, no, it wasn't a deal breaker for me then and it wouldn't be now.
Nope, still too much of a risk for me. Relationships come and go but herpes and genital warts are forever. I'm not going to willingly put myself at risk for an STD. Not to mention if I catch those STDs I will significantly reduce my dating pool. I don't care how small they say the risk is, it's still greater than the alternative.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:30 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times
Quote:
This is where I draw the line in the sand. No.

But a 400 pound man you will entertain serious thoughts of humping and having a serious relationship with, but, herpes is a deal breaker To each their own twinkies

Old 09-16-2009, 09:30 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
She didn't get it from a tractor, did she?

(okay, that's the only joke..... sorry.. )
You can get it from a tractor? Who would have thought?

We used to tease her when younger that it was because of the Farmer and his sheep. We were just so bad. My poor friend. Thank God for her sense of humor.

I have another friend whose parent's got Herpes maybe about 7 years ago. This I know because my friend gave me a warning about public hot tubs, where her parent's claim they contracted it. Honestly, I do not have them and do not know whether this holds true or not - perhaps someone here does know if the public hot tub issue is factual. Never cared to check it out.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
But a 400 pound man you will entertain serious thoughts of humping and having a serious relationship with, but, herpes is a deal breaker To each their own twinkies
A 390lb man is not a Contagious Venereal Disease, Wankermeister.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
This is where I draw the line in the sand. No.

I see you are ok with humping a 400 pound man though

Old 09-16-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I see you are ok with humping a 400 pound man though
And I see you are OK with walking around with contagious blisters and warts on your ass.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
And I see you are OK with walking around with contagious blisters and warts on your ass.
Yes I am actually. Just a point I was making and at least we can all make individual informed decisions without insulting each other

Old 09-16-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Yes I am actually. Just a point I was making and at least we can all make individual informed decisions without insulting each other
Next time do not start w/ the insults and there will be no retaliation. For future reference, At LEAST make it an even playing field and do not compare preferences and a situation someone will embrace to something that someone contracts UN-willingly. No one seeks and embraces Herpes/Warts. That was not even comparing apples to oranges. That was like comparing a dingy to a yacht.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:15 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Next time do not start w/ the insults and there will be no retaliation. For future reference, At LEAST make it an even playing field and do not compare preferences and a situation someone will embrace to something that someone contracts UN-willingly. No one seeks and embraces Herpes/Warts. That was not even comparing apples to oranges. That was like comparing a dingy to a yacht.

It's actually like comparing a yacht to a tractor! (sorry, could not resist)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships