Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 03:35 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,656,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I'm talking about your response directly to Whyte Byrd - totally uncalled for and there's nothing about books in her post.
Oh that post was nice, but Im only 17 and was teased alot in grade school, so thats why I dropped out of high school and got a GED. I quit everything I do. I've been diagnosed with depression. And right now Im struggling to find a job. So everything in my life seems to be going wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 03:36 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I'm talking about your response directly to Whyte Byrd - totally uncalled for and there's nothing about books in her post. Check your attitude.

Anyway----you ask how to build your self esteem.
You start with a new attitude. Stop wallerin` in your pity, get up, and tell yourself that you can do better.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Anyway----you ask how to build your self esteem.
You start with a new attitude. Stop wallerin` in your pity, get up, and tell yourself that you can do better.
Yeah I know I want to do better. But what is there for a teenager whos jobless and has a GED. I've tryed to look into programs in my city(Colorado Springs), but there seems to be nothing. And my parents don't have the money to get me into like a YMCA type program.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Yeah I know I want to do better. But what is there for a teenager whos jobless and has a GED. I've tryed to look into programs in my city(Colorado Springs), but there seems to be nothing. And my parents don't have the money to get me into like a YMCA type program.
Hey! At least you have your GED. Thats a start.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Hey! At least you have your GED. Thats a start.
Yeah and I was happy when I achieved that. But than I went to college and dropped out after 2 days. Mostly because I didn't think I was ready. But thanks I considered that a compliment. I've seen that people don't nessacarily look down on GEDs.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:50 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Have you tried this:

Think about some things you really, really like to do. Doesn't matter if it's building stuff, or fishing, or fixing Harleys, or baking a cake...whatever.

Then, think about if people would pay you to do it. If you like making things, find out what people would buy them. If you fix things, hang some signs up at the supermarket, telling people you fix so-and-so, and put your phone number there.

Then, guess what? You'll be in business! You'll be working for yourself - a small-business person! You'll be making money, getting real good at business, and your self-esteem will go up because you'll see how far you're come.

Hope that helps

Old 09-20-2009, 03:52 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,584,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
You jokin right?
CT, I have to ask. This comment was directed at Mr. Cat (the books) and not whyte bird??? Am I right? Hope I am.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
CT, I have to ask. This comment was directed at Mr. Cat (the books) and not whyte bird??? Am I right? Hope I am.
Yep.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Have you tried this:

Think about some things you really, really like to do. Doesn't matter if it's building stuff, or fishing, or fixing Harleys, or baking a cake...whatever.

Then, think about if people would pay you to do it. If you like making things, find out what people would buy them. If you fix things, hang some signs up at the supermarket, telling people you fix so-and-so, and put your phone number there.

Then, guess what? You'll be in business! You'll be working for yourself - a small-business person! You'll be making money, getting real good at business, and your self-esteem will go up because you'll see how far you're come.

Hope that helps
I really like the suggestion, and I've had it suggested to me before. But Im not really skilled at anything like that. I could sell baseball cards, football cards, basketball cards, ect. on Ebay though.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
Yes, it was directed at the first person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships