Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:07 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Can anyone relate to that?
Abosolutly!
I started seeing the changes after about the 3rd yr. but didnt reconize the signs of NPD until much later. I should have gotten a clue when he said " I only tolerate you because I dont see you as the enemy". WTF. Apparently, now he does. LOL. This is my second (and last) marriage so I was determined to do everything to work things out. When it all finially came to an end, I realized that I had not know how bad things were. Even with the financial burden Ive been under for the last 1 1/2 yrs. and the stress from him not selling the house or signing the papers, I am happier and at peace. I no longer have to tip toe around my own house or watch my every word or be prepared for an attack at any given moment.

Im not sure if he hid this self from me, or I was too blind to see it, if he actually changed, or if his depression and alcohol additiction were factors.

Looking back at all the crap, I often wonder what happened to that great guy I married because when I look at him now all I see is a demon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 09:21 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times
After my brother cheated on his wife, and the subsequent divorce, my sis-n-law (who I thought was a great gal) ended up going out and mirroring the same behaviors that my brother (her ex) had been guilty of and which caused the split in the first place! The very stuff she was sooo unhappy with and condemning about.

Now, like him, she frequents bars after work, and stays out late oftentimes leaving the kids alone, or with one of her family members . She's drinking and partying and bringing people home. I feel sorry for my niece and nephew, but what can ya do? Needless to say, they are not well-behaved (social problems) and are having academic troubles. Absolutely tragic-IMO.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,653,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
?????

These thoughts came back up because I know of a couple who are seperating, and I told her, you never really know someone, until you go thru divorce....not everyone is like this...but there are some real duzzies out there....

These thoughts don't rule my life, they are though a great lesson learned....

Exactly. Would not exactly equate those experiences to vomit backing up in the throat either. LOL - What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:14 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Do you know when you find out what kind of person your really married to? When you go thru divorse...
I swear, well not literally, a person surfaces that you've never before known...and you think, "Who was this person I was married to all those years?" Talk about love being totally blind....
I think its more a case of the person reacting to the situation. Some women can just try to screw a man over so badly in a relationship that it causes the guy to act out of his normal fiber/character. Like when a woman wants to take the house, his kids and ask for monthly allowance. Also when the woman is cheating on him and still ask for those things.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:17 AM

It actually goes both ways because I feel sooooo bad for Hulk Hogan with his crazy wife. He worked so hard for all those years only to have to deal with a stupid wife who did all those bad things to him. He couldnt live in the house he worked for. The kid his cheating low life wife was cheating with was living in his home, driving his car, hanging out on his boat. She is the epitome of horrible person who surfaces during divorce.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 AM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
It actually goes both ways because I feel sooooo bad for Hulk Hogan with his crazy wife. He worked so hard for all those years only to have to deal with a stupid wife who did all those bad things to him. He couldnt live in the house he worked for. The kid his cheating low life wife was cheating with was living in his home, driving his car, hanging out on his boat. She is the epitome of horrible person who surfaces during divorce.
well, say what you want, but I don't believe he's a picnic to live with...I've watched some of his shows, and he only reinstated the fact that, people should have to take a test before they have children.....

Old 09-28-2009, 11:05 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Looking back at all the crap, I often wonder what happened to that great guy I married because when I look at him now all I see is a demon
I hear ya lady... I hear ya loud and clear

big hugs sent your way

Old 09-28-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Exactly. Would not exactly equate those experiences to vomit backing up in the throat either. LOL - What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
yes, it does, and if we wouldn't know the hard times, how could we ever identify and rejoice at all the good stuff....

Old 09-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
well, say what you want, but I don't believe he's a picnic to live with...I've watched some of his shows, and he only reinstated the fact that, people should have to take a test before they have children.....
So you are saying that its okay in some instances for people to show their true selves in a divorce?

Old 09-28-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
So you are saying that its okay in some instances for people to show their true selves in a divorce?
No, I'm saying the both of them were a little out of touch with reality...and they shouldn't have had children....

I'm not saying it's ok for any of them, him or her to be mean to each other during the seperation or divorce, but, I see them both as being a bit dysfunctional.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships